JEL classification: L83
In recent decades, the tourism sector has become one of the most profitable sectors of the economy and is one of the most important factors in socio-cultural development. At the present stage of development of society, tourism is a complex and multifaceted phenomenon, which is one of the most dynamically developed and highly profitable sectors of the world economy. For the state, tourism plays a significant role in the socio-economic development of territories and stimulates the preservation of existing tourist resources in the region. The purpose of tourism development in Ukraine is to create a favorable organizational, legal and economic environment for the development of the area based on the efficient use of natural resources and historical and cultural potential of Ukraine and ensuring its socio-economic interests and environmental security. Theoretical substantiation of the tourist resources as a key factor in tourism development and their role in socio-economic development allows to consider them as a set of certain factors: natural, climatic, socio-cultural and infrastructural, which affect living standards indirectly. It is important in the classification of resources to use an attractive approach – focusing on attractive and leisure facilities for tourists. Tourist resources must be attractive, accessible, safe, environmentally friendly, have a potential reserve and have the appropriate level of research. The study of tourist resources should take into account natural and socio-economic, cultural factors, as well as infrastructure development and quality of service. Optimal use of potential opportunities of tourist resources, historical and cultural potential allows not only to improve the economic condition of cities, regions of the country, but also to increase the efficiency of tourism enterprises and other participants in business processes, as well as to influence the social level welfare and promote the active infrastructure development of Ukraine’s regions.
Key words: tourism, tourist resources, recreation, recreational tourism, tourist offer.
- Mamutov, V.K, Amosha, A.Y, Dementeva, T N.(1992). Recreation: socio-economic and legal aspects. [Rekreatsiya: sotsialno-ekonomicheskie i pravovyie aspektyi]. Naukova dumka. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Beidik, O.O. (2001). Recreational and tourist resources of ukraine: methodology and methodology of analysis, terminology, district planning. [Rekreatsiino-turystychni resursy Ukrainy: metodolohiia i metodyka analizu, terminolohiia, raionuvannia]. Species-Poligraf. center “Kiev university”. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Kravtsiv, V.S. (1999). Science-methodical ambushes reforming the recreational sphere. [Naukovo-metodychni zasady reformuvannia rekreatsiinoi sfery]. NAS of Ukraine. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Kuzyk, S.P. (2010). Theoretical problems of tourism: socio-geographical approach. [Teoretychni problemy turyzmu: suspil’no-heohrafichnyy pidkhid]. Vydavnychyj tsentr L’vivs’koho natsional’noho universytetu imeni Ivana Franka. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Matsola, V. (1997). Recreational and tourist complex of Ukraine. [Rekreatsiino-turystychnyi kompleks Ukrainy]. NAS of Ukraine. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Recreational conditions and resources. Available at: https://tourlib.net/books_ukr/maslyak-rekr5-2.htm.
- Minz, A. A. (1972). Ekonomicheskaja ozenka estestvennyx resursov. [Economic evaluation of natural resources]. Mysl. Russia.
- Bagrova, L.A., Bagrov, N.V., Preobrazhenskiy, V.S. (1997). «Recreational resources (approaches to concept analysis)». Izvestiya AN SSSR. Seriya geografiya. №2.
- Lazic, L. (2007). Turizam i ruralna podrucja. [Tourism and rural areas.]. Novi Sad: Prirodno-matematicki fakultet, Departman za geografiju, turizam i hotelijerstvo.
- Maksin, Marija (2009). “Menadžment prirodnih i kulturnih resursa u turizmu.” Beograd: Univerzitet Singidunum, Fakultet za turistički i hotelijerski menadžment.
- Gunn, A. Clare. (1988) Vacancionscape: Designing tourist regions. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.
- Jovicic, Zivadin. (1999). Osnovi turizmologije. Banjaluka: PMF.
The article was received 25.12.2021