Introduction. The article investigates the development of multimodal transportation, which is a promising direction for the transport system development of the regions of the country. It is substantiated that this will significantly increase the volume of transportation with the participation of national transport companies, will help to increase the country’s competitiveness in the world market of transport services, level of development of an existing transport corridors network, integration of the country’s transport infrastructure into the world transport system.
The purpose of this article is an assessment of the state and efficiency of the transport industry functioning, taking into account the natural and economic features of the Odessa region.
Results. The technical upgrading of rolling stock and infrastructure in line with the prospects for multimodal transport will reduce technical barriers and make more efficient use of the freight transport potential by rail. Multimodal freight transportation using the railway and road transport is the most actively used in the Odessa region.
Conclusions. The important task of the region transport industry developing in the system of multimodal transportation is using the transport logistics tools in modern conditions, which will help to resolve the consistency issue of freight and information flows; control over cargo flows; definition of strategy and technology of moving goods between delivery points; development of managing operations ways of goods movement; determination of transport volumes and warehousing.
Key words: transport, port activities, transport, intermodal transport, multimodal transport, logistics, region.
- Khakhlyuk A. Ukraine is a transit country. Available at: http://eu2001.narod.ru/1/5.htm.
- Lagodienko, V. V. and Kornieckij, A. V. (2014). «The concept of the essence and functions of management in logistic systems». Baltijskij gumanitarnyj zhurnal. no. 4(9). pp. 145-147.
- Lagodienko, V. V. and Kornieckij, A. V. (2014). «Methodical principles of the logistic system of material flow control». Karel’skij nauchnyj zhurnal. no. 4(9). pp.119-121.
- Aleksiyev, O. (2008). Upravlinnya rozvy`tkom transportny`x sy`stem. [Management of the development of transport systems]. XNADU. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Staty`sty`chny`j shhorichny`k Odes`koyi oblasti u 2018 roci: Staty`sty`chny`j shhorichny`k Golovnogo upravlinnya staty`sty`ky` v Odes`kij oblasti Derzhavnogo komitetu staty`sty`ky` Ukrayiny`. [Statistical Yearbook of the Odessa Region in 2018: Statistical Yearbook of the Main Department of Statistics in the Odessa Region of the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine]. (2018). In Kopy`lovoyi, V. (ed.). Golovne upravlinnya staty`sty`ky` v Odes`kij oblasti. Odesa. Ukraine.
- Asy`metriya ry`nkiv transportny`x poslug: teorety`chni osnovy` vy`znachennya ta upravlinnya. [Asymmetry of the transport service markets: theoretical foundations of definition and management]. (2018). In Burky`ns`kogo, V. (ed.); NAN Ukrayiny`, In-t probl. ry`nku ta ekon.-ekol. doslidzh.: IPREED NANU. Odesa. Ukraine.
- Konkurentospromozhnist` ta staly`j rozvy`tok moregospodars`kogo kompleksu Ukrayiny`. [Competitiveness and Sustainable Development of the Maritime Economy of Ukraine] [Il`chenko, S. V., Kuxarchy`k, V. G. and other]. (2011). In Kotlubaya, O. M. (ed.). IPREED NAN Ukrayiny`. Odessa.
- Lagodiyenko, V. V. and Korniyecz`ky`j, O. V. (2014). «Logistics in Japanese: Increasing the efficiency of enterprises». Kul`tura narodov Pry`chernomor`ya. 275. pp. 207-210.
- Limonov, Je. L. (2001). Vneshnetorgovye operacii morskogo transporta i mul’timodal’nye perevozki. [Foreign trade operations of sea transport and multimodal transportation]. Iformiaconnyj centr «Vybor». St. Petersburg. Russia.
The article was received 05.11.2018