УДК: 338.439.02 (477)
JEL classification: Q18
The article considers the essence of the concept of “food system”, which characterizes all activities related to the production, processing, transportation and consumption of food. Food systems affect every aspect of human existence and therefore cannot be limited to the agricultural sector, but affect our personal health, our families and communities, as well as the health of the environment, our economy and our culture. The involvement of society in the formation of proposals for vectors of food systems in Ukraine in the context of global trends in the national dialogue on food transformation and preparation for the UN Summit on Food Systems 2021 is justified.
The interrelation of food systems and all seventeen Sustainable Development Goals, which should be taken into account in the balanced food system of Ukraine, which needs to preserve and increase its food potential in the light of global trends, is revealed. Innovative approaches to the transformation of food systems are proposed. First of all, it concerns such priority areas as healthy nutrition, introduction of environmentally friendly production technologies and resilience to market instability and availability of food for all. The key directions and specific proposals for measures highlighted in the draft Roadmap are considered, namely: increasing attention to digitalization of processes in the agricultural sector, the formation of the State Agrarian Register as a tool to ensure transparency in certain mechanisms of agricultural policy and others. Attention is paid to the need to comply with the established requirements for business processes and food safety, awareness of producers, especially in conditions where the responsibility for product safety is put on the manufacturer. A model of HoReCa recovery after the pandemic by involving small producers and the development of craft technologies is proposed. The need for a balanced approach to the adaptation of the European Green Course for Ukraine, in particular on energy efficiency and sustainable resource management.
Key words: food system; transformation; Ukrainian context; healthy food, national dialogue, road map.
- Upravlinnia innovatsijnoiu diial’nistiu: teoriia i praktyka: kolektyvna monohrafiia. [Management of innovation: theory and practice: a collective monograph]. (2021). In Vytvytska O. D. (). Kyiv: AGRAR MEDIA GROUP LLC.
- Ternavska IB Strategy of food security of the region. Available at: http://naukajournal.org/ index. php / naukajournal / article / view / 56/54.
- Summit on Food Systems. Available at: https://www.president.gov.ua/news/prezident-na-samiti-z-prodovolchih-sistem-ukrayina-maye-znac-70789
- Decree of the President of Ukraine “On the goals of sustainable development in Ukraine until 2030”. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/722/2019#Text
- National Economic Strategy until 2030. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-zatverdzhennya-nacionalnoyi-eko-a179
- Strategy for the development of exports of agricultural products, food and processing industries of Ukraine until 2026. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/588-2019-%D1%80#Text
- Strategy to promote private investment in agriculture until 2023. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/595-2019-%D1%80#Text
- The concept of implementing state policy in the field of climate change for the period up to 2030. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/249573705
The article was received 28.10.2021