JEL classification: L25; Q12
In today’s dynamic and turbulent business environment, diversification has become a catalyst for achieving competitive advantage and creating synergies in market operations. This is due to the fact that manufacturing companies operate in conditions of high competition, especially among firms that produce the same or similar goods. In the conditions of globalization, market consolidation, economic instability, companies must look for new ways to strengthen their market position, reduce business risks and increase profits. The formation and implementation of the strategy of enterprise diversification allows to partially solve these problems. The strategic focus of market transformations on the implementation of qualitative transformations in the agricultural sector of the economy increases the need to develop and implement organizational and economic mechanisms for the functioning of agricultural enterprises and their management for effective development. This is achieved through the expansion of activities and optimal use of available resources. The actualization of diversification of agricultural enterprises in modern conditions is intensifying given that it is an effective tool for managing economic development, taking into account the peculiarities of agriculture, including those related to its seasonality, promotes full use of resource potential, strengthening financial synergies, increasing the competitiveness of the enterprise by restructuring the existing business and improving product quality. Increasing the level of diversification of the agricultural enterprise must be carried out very carefully, in each case taking into account the specific features of production, the structure of competition in the products market. Diversification of agricultural production will allow the company to influence the market effectively, form a clear development strategy, and thus obtain high assets, avoid possible risk.
Keywords: diversification of agricultural enterprises, strategy, strategic development, competitiveness.
- Striklend, A. J. and Tompson, Junior A.A. (2012). Strategichnii menegment: konceptsii i situatsii dlia analizu. [Strategic management: concepts and situations for analysis]. Viliams. Moscow. Russia.
- Berezin, I. S. (1999). Marketing i doslidjenia rinkiv. [Marketing and market research]. Russian business literature. Moscow. Russia.
- Dobrianska, N. A. (2013). «Diversification of production as a factor in the development of the regional food market». Molodyj vchenyj, no. 8, pp. 188–190.
- Aronov, A. M., Petrov, A. N. (2001). Organizatsiia strategichnoho planuvania na diversificovanih pidpriemstvah. [Organization of strategic planning in diversified enterprises]. Saint Petersburg State University of Economics. St. Petersburg. Russia.
- Shevelov, S. A. (1995). Diversificatsia virobnitstva v umovah tranzitnoi economiku (organizatsia I epravlinnya). [Diversification of production in a transit economy (organization and management)]. (PhD Thesis). Almaty.
- Coase, R. H., Halperina, V. M. (ed.) (1995). Priroda firmu. [The Nature of Firm]. School of economics. St. Petersburg. Russia.
- Katchova, Ani L. (2005). The Farm Diversification Discount. The American Journal of Agricultural Economics, no. 87 (4), pp. 984–994.
- Kulik, I. M. (2012). «Current state and main factors of ferrous metallurgy development in Ukraine». Business inform, no. 5, pp. 116–121.
- Rumiantseva, E. E. (2008). Novaia ekonomycheskaia entsyklopedyia. [New Economic Encyclopedia]. Ynfra-M. Moscow.
- Tkachuk, V. I. (2012). Dyversyfikatsiia diial’nosti ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv: teoriia, metodolohiia, praktyka. [Diversification of agricultural enterprises: theory, methodology, practice]. 08.00.04. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. Economy. Lviv.
- Tomson, A. A. and Stryklend, A. Dzh. (1998). Stratehycheskyj menedzhment. Yskusstvo razrabotky y realyzatsyy stratehyy. [Strategic management. The art of developing and implementing a strategy]. Banky y byrzhy, YuNYTY. Moscow.
The article was received 03.04.2022