JEL classification: J21; J22; J68; E20; E24; E27; E29; R23
The article considers the problems of employment in the theoretical and methodological context. Under current conditions, the interpretation of the labor market’s essence, methods, reasons, and characteristics are worked out and given. The central state levers of employment regulation are noted. The peculiarities of the theoretical and methodological approach to employment regulation are specified, where the leading place belongs to legal, organizational and managerial, economic, socially-oriented, analytical, negotiable, innovative, and popularizing. The role of the state in the process of regulating employment, which performs a distributive function (providing tax benefits to enterprises, taxation of the wage fund), macroeconomic, which consists in increasing labor supply and limiting the adverse defects of the economic system (inflation, unemployment, economic downturn), stimulating function, which allows to revive innovation and investment activity and affects the whole market situation (employment promotion, public investment, subsidies, grants, subventions, and subsidies). Special attention in the article is paid to synthesizing existing works of scientists and researchers on the generalization of the critical theoretical and methodological approaches to the essential understanding of employment. Further scientific interpretation was given to legal, organizational, and managerial methods, economic, socially-oriented, analytical, favorable, innovative, and polarization. A certain consonance of theoretical and methodological principles of employment with the peculiarities of regional development of socio-economic processes is proved. Therefore, when developing a strategy to increase employment in the region, one should consider the existing proportions between workers and employers, staff turnover, labor supply, placement of labor resources, etc. Measures are proposed that are designed not only to regulate employment processes in the theoretical sense but also to increase economic activity, solving the problem of accommodation and rational use, taking into account the specifics of a particularly territorial and regional grouping. Methods of regulation of direct and indirect action are offered. The conclusions of the conducted theoretical research are concretized.
Keywords: employment, labor market, macroeconomic factors, state regulation, full employment.
- Baryshnikova, O. Ye. (2018). «Labor market in Ukraine: current status and development problems». Rynok pratsi ta zajniatist’ naselennia. No 4 (57), рр. 5-9.
- Beztelesna, L. I. (2012). «Macroeconomic patterns of functioning of the national labor market». Statystyka Ukrainy. No1(56), рр. 22-27
- Bohynia, D. P., Kulikov, H. T., Lisohor, L. S., Dolhova, L. I. (2001). Sotsial’no-ekonomichnyj mekhanizm rehuliuvannia rynku pratsi ta zarobitnoi platy. [Socio-economic mechanism of regulation of the labor market and wages]. Bohynia, D. P. (ed.); NAN Ukrainy. In-t ekonomiky. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Brych, V. Ya. (2004). Transformatsiia rynku pratsi ta ii vplyv na zhyttievyj riven’ naselennia (teoriia, metodolohiia, tendentsii rozvytku). [Transformation of the labor market and its impact on the living standards of the population (theory, methodology, development trends)]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 08.09.01 «Ekonomichna teoriia ta istoriia ekonomichnoi dumky». Lviv. Ukraine.
- Vasyl’chenko, V. S. (1996). Rynok pratsi ta zajniatist’. [Labor market and employment]. NTs ZRP. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Ekonomichna teoriia. (2014). [Economic theory]. Strishenets’, O.M., Yelisieieva, L.V., Lischuk, V.I. Luts’k. Skhidnoievropejs’kyj Natsional’nyj Universytet im. Lesi Ukrainky. Lutsk. Ukraine.
- Yemel’ianenko, L. M. (2015). «Formation and regulation of new forms of employment in Ukraine». Ukrains’kyj sotsium. №1(52), рр. 82-89.
- Kalyna, A. V. (2010). Rynok pratsi (natsional’nyj ta mizhnarodnyj aspekty). [Labor market (national and international aspects)]. DP «Personal». Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Kachan, Ye. P., Obukhivs’kyj, O. O. (2015). Rehional’na polityka rynku pratsi. [Regional labor market policy]. Ternop. derzh. ekon. un-t.: Ekon. dumka. Ternopil. Ukraine.
- Pavlov, K.V., Pavlova, O.M. (2019). Formuvannia ta rehuliuvannia konkurentnykh vidnosyn na rehional’nykh rynkakh zhytla Ukrainy. [Formation and regulation of competitive relations in the regional housing markets of Ukraine]. Vydavnytstvo «Teren». Lutsk. Ukraine.
- Petrova, I. L. (1997). Sehmentatsiia rynku pratsi: teoriia i praktyka rehuliuvannia. [Labor market segmentation: theory and practice of regulation]. In-t ekonomiky, upravlinnia ta hospodars’koho prava. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Strishenets’, M. M., Pavlova, O. M., Pavlov, K. V. (2019). Proste tovarne vyrobnytstvo i zarodzhennia manufaktur v Ukraini. [Simple commodity production and the emergence of manufactories in Ukraine]. Skhidnoievropejs’kyj natsional’nyj universytet imeni Lesi Ukrainky. Teren. Lutsk. Ukraine.
- Strishenets’, O.M. (2007). Istoriia ekonomichnykh vchen’. [History of economic doctrines]. In Kyrylenka,V. V. (ed.). «Ekonomichna dumk». Ternopil. Ukraine.
- Strishenets’, O.M., Pavlov, K.V. (2016). «Features of competitive relations in regional real estate markets». Naukovyj visnyk uzhhorods’koho universytetu. Seriia «Ekonomika». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’. Issue 1 (47). Vol. 2. Uzhhorod, pp. 35-38.
- Tarshyna, O. S. (2006). State employment policy. Ekonomika ta derzhava. №1, рр. 77-80.
The article was received 17.10.2021