JEL classification: F52
Introduction. The level of food security depends on the effective operation of the entire food security system at the same time, the use of division at the level ensures the effective functioning of rapid response mechanisms to modern challenges: global food security manifests the efforts of the international community. Effective interaction between local authorities and food producers is needed to ensure the regional level.
The purpose of this article is research of theoretical and methodological bases of criteria formation for research of food safety levels in different regions.
Results. Among the many problematic issues of food security of the state, the regional aspect stands out. Therefore, the food security complex of the region should be aimed at ensuring food independence, sustainability, stability, progressive implementation, improvement. The main principles of the food complex are the components of complexity, flexibility for ensuring food security of the region in relation to future threatening moments. The application of the system in the management of food security in the region will form a mechanism of organizational structure that combines all management actions to achieve the goals of adaptation of the food security program for the Black Sea region of Ukraine. The relationship of regional actors in the food security system is based on the regulators of economic activity in the region. The policy of regulators uses only reliable and objective assessments of the industrial, economic, industrial and financial environment of economic entities in the region in management decisions on the implementation of food and security policy, the formation of development budgets of the Black Sea region.
Conclusions. The main directions of improving the food security system of the region are proposed, taking into account the multilevel nature of such a system. Such areas include: creation of an integrated economic complex focused on socio-economic development, solving environmental problems; creation of an innovative model in the field of investment ecological climate in the region; efficient use of energy technologies; design of parks: regional, industrial, technological and implementation of investment projects.
Keywords: food security, food aspect, organizational and economic mechanism, food security infrastructure, potential.
- Global food security index 2018: An annual measure of the state of global food security (2018). Global food security index 2018: An annual measure of the state of global food security (2018). The Economist Intelligence Unit. Availiable at: http://foodsecurityindex.eiu.com
- Strashyns’ka, N.V., Hrets’ka, H.A. Osnovni kryterii otsiniuvannia rivnia prodovol’choi bezpeky Ukrainy ta stratehichni napriamy ii pidvyschennia. [The main criteria for assessing the level of food security of Ukraine and strategic directions for its improvement]. Availiable at: http://dspace.nuft.edu.ua/jspui/bitstream/123456789/9841/1/ST2.pdf.
- Varaksina, O.V. (2013). «Theoretical foundations of food security as an economic category». Naukovyj visnyk Poltavs’koho universytetu ekonomiky i torhivli. № 1 (56), рр. 50-55.
- Dorosh, M.M., Dadak, O.O. (2008). «AIC of Ukraine as a component of the world food problem». Ekonomika Ukrainy. № 2, рр. 24-28.
- Mudrak, R.P., Lahodiienko, V.V. (2018). Ahroinfliatsiia ta indeks spozhyvchykh tsin na prodovol’chi tovary: porivnial’nyj analiz “Ukraina – YeS”. Ekonomika Ukrainy. №1 (674). рр. 28-40.
- Lahodiienko, V.V. (2019). «Food security of the Black Sea region: state, tendencies, prospects». Economic and Food Security of Ukraine. № 6(3-4), рр. 16-25. Availiable at: https://doi.org/10.15673/efs.v6i3-4.1282
- Novikov, Ye.Yu. (2012). «The essential meaning of the concept of “food security”». Naukovyj visnyk Poltavs’koho universytetu ekonomiky i torhivli. №2 (53), рр. 47-50.
- Babych, M.M. (2018). «Estimation of useless consumption of drinking water for lost food and food waste». Ahrosvit. №11, рр. 17-21.
- Kundieieva, O.I. (2013). «Food security: differentiation of food security levels of the country». Naukovi pratsi NUKhT. №49, рр.139-145.
- Initsiatyva Spetsial’noho komitetu Orhanizatsii Ob’iednanykh Natsij, ACC / SCN. [Initiative of the United Nations Special Committee, ACC / SCN]. 1991.
- Gross, R., Schoeneberger, H., Pfeifer, H., Preuss Hans-Joachim, A. (2000). The Four Dimensions of Food and Nutrition Security: Definitions and Concepts. Nutrition and Food Security. Version April.
- Mostens’ka, T. H. (2015). «Food security at the household level». Ekonomika i sotsial’nyj rozvytok: naukovi pratsi NUKhT. Vol. 21. №1, pp. 121–133.
The article was received 10.08.2020