JEL classification: M31
Introduction. The development of information technology makes it possible to create systems that improve business operations and optimize the management decision-making process. Insufficient level of implementation of modern information technologies by companies only hinders the achievement of significant competitive advantages. The connecting link between the business sector, its needs for effective operation, taking into account the requirements of stakeholders and the field of information technology, is business analysis.
The purpose of the study is to analyze the activities of a business analyst in the enterprise, in particular his functional responsibilities in conducting marketing research.
Results. The subject of business analysis is one of the functions of management, which reflects the technological stage of the decision-making process of change in business under the influence of internal and external factors and it is reduced to the analytical support of these decisions. The object of study of business analysis in the practice of marketing research is the activities of companies aimed at making changes in the business, based on the requirements of stakeholders.
In the method of business analysis can be identified specific features, the presence of which is due to its focus on justifying management decisions in the field of business change: systematic and comprehensive approach, normative, continuity, adequacy, adaptability, uncertainty and risk. The object of business analysis is a system that operates and is constantly evolving and improving. In this regard, a list of the most important tasks should be identified, without the study of which the result cannot be considered complete.
Conclusions. The method of business analysis as a direction of economic analysis is considered as a systematic comprehensive study of the business itself and its environment in order to ensure change that meets the needs of all stakeholders. A systematic approach to business analysis means that all tasks must be fully addressed. Companies can use business analysis in different ways: they can make it a necessary element of the management system, and can use some of its elements. Accordingly, the scale of business analysis will change.
Keywords: business analysis, business analyst, marketing research, stakeholders, management decisions.
- Current business in Ukraine 2017-2018: TOP 7 ideas. Available at: http://lemarbet.com/ua/biznes-v-ukraine/aktualnyj-biznes-v-ukraine-top-7-vostrebovannyh-idej/
- Introduction to data science and business analytics. Available at: https://edx.prometheus.org.ua/courses/Prometheus/Analytics101/2015_Spring/about
- Business analyst. Available at: https://brainbasket.org/who-are-it-specialists-2/business-analyst/
- Cook A. Business analytics in Ukraine: we need time. Available at: http://ko.com.ua/biznes-analitika_v_ukraine_nam_nuzhno_vremya_35700
- A Guide to the Business Analysis Body Knowledge (BABOK Guide). (2009). Version 2.0. International Institute of Business Analysis. Toronto.
- International Institute of Business Analysis. Available at: URL:http//theiiba.org
- Babenko, V., Perevozova, I., Mandych, O., Kvyatko, T., Maliy, O., Mykolenko, I. (2019). World informatization in conditions of international globalization: factors of influence. Global Journal of Environmental Science and Management. № 5(SI). pp. 172-179.
- Naumenko, I. V.; Naumenko, A. O. (2016). «Components of the mechanism of ensuring the economic growth of agriculture». Visnyk Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sil’s’koho hospodarstva imeni Petra Vasylenka. Issue. 177, pp. 99-109.
- Mandych, O. et al. (2018). Competitive development of subjects of the agri-business: theory and practice. Fundamental and applied researches in practice of leading scientific schools. no 28 (4), pp. 86-91.
- Lomovskykh, L. O., Kovalenko, O. O., Karasova, N. A., Orzeł, A. (2019). Тhе algorithm of analysis of agricultural risks under influence of incomplete information about their parameters. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice. no 3(30), pp. 112-120.
- Sievidova, I. et al. (2019). Optimizing the strategy of activities using numerical methods for determining equilibrium. Eastern-European Journal Of Enterprise Technologies. vol. 6, no 4 (102), pp. 47-56.
The article was received 11.03.2020