JEL classification: Q12; M21; R15
Introduction. The article substantiates the role of risk management in modern economic conditions. The characteristics of indicators used in diagnostics of enterprise risk tolerance are considered. The integral indicator for the set of coefficients is calculated.
Results. The resource quality coefficient, which reflects the sufficiency of the enterprise internal potential is calculated. The negative influence of environmental factors on resource potential preservation is revealed using the resource threat coefficient. The influence degree of enterprise internal risks on the resource potential value is estimated using the factor of threat of the resource.
Factors were evaluated, in particular: production, financial, labor and management, gradation of the score has been given. The factors that reflect the internal vulnerability and resource external threats are formed in accordance with the characteristics of the enterprise itself, taking into account the geographical boundaries of its operation, industry and activities, stage of life cycle, etc., as well as the parameters of the macro environment that formed at the time of the study. The correspondence table of risk tolerance values and probability of its occurrence is applied according to the matrix of risk assessment. A description of low, medium, and high levels of risk tolerance has been provided. Significant advantages to the methodical approach of enterprise risk assessment are highlighted.
Conclusions. As a result, the risks role at enterprises is substantiated in modern conditions. It has been found that excessive increase of the enterprise financial and material expenses leads to high risk. Physical and moral aging of the equipment leads to moderate (critical) risk, and the decline in yields and the irrational use of the enterprise resource potential cause the appearance of weak (acceptable) risk.
Keywords: risk, risk management, risk tolerance, risk assessment, enterprise, enterprise resources.
- Horho, I. O. (2018). «Risks as a key object of management activity of agricultural enterprises». Naukovyj visnyk NUBiP Ukrainy. № 284. рр. 288-298.
- Lysenko, V. (2017). «Corporate risk management strategy in agribusiness». Agricultural and Resource Economics : International Scientific E-Journal. Vol. 3. No. 4. Pp. 97–108.
- Schieg M. (2006). Risk management in construction project management, Journal of Business Economics and Management. 7:2, 77-83, http://dx.doi.org/1080/16111699.2006.9636126
- Osuagwu C. O., Chikaire J. U., Anaeto F. C., Oparaojiaku J. O. (2017). Analysis of Agricultural business risks management strategies among rural Farmer entrepreneurs in Imo State, Nigeria. Scholarly Journal of Agricultural Science. Vol. 7(2). рр. 50-56.
- Rudych, O. O. (2017). «Theoretical bases of the mechanism of risk management of agricultural enterprises». Ahrosvit. № 24. рр. 15-19.
- Lytvynchuk, I. L. and Yakobchuk, V. P. (2012). Upravlinnia ekonomichnymy ryzykamy korporatyvnykh pidpryiemstv v ahrobiznesi. [Management of economic risks of corporate enterprises in agribusiness]. ZhNAEU. Zhytomyr.
- Lipinska, I. (2016). Crop and livestock insurance as risk management instruments in Polish agriculture compared to the EU regulations. EU Agrarian Law. 5, pp. 48-59. https://doi.org/10.1515/eual-2016-0007.
- Balezentis T., Streimikienė, D., Melnikienė, R., & Yu, Z. (2017). Non-parametric analysis of yield risk in Lithuanian crop farming. Journal of Business Economics and Management. 18(3), pp. 521-536. https://doi.org/10.3846/16111699.2017.1322633
The article was received 09.12.2018