JEL classification: L83
Introduction. Today, tourism has become an integral part of people’s lives. Every day thousands of people make various trips. Tourism is one of the parts of the economy that can bring significant income to the country’s budget. One of its types is gastrotourism, which is developing more and more.
The purpose of this work is to study the role and importance of stimulating gastronomic tourism in the structure of regional tourism markets in Ukraine. The main objectives of this article are to consider the concept of gastrotourism, its features and types; research of the importance of gastro-tourism in the development of regional tourist markets; study of gastrotourism on the example of foreign countries, consideration of possible prospects for the development of this type of tourism.
Results. The article considers the importance of gastronomic tourism, its types and forms. The influence it has on the main spheres of life of both the population and the country as a whole has been studied. The peculiarity and significance of tourism development in Ukraine are revealed. Popular gastronomic tours and regions in Ukraine have been identified. It is considered how gastronomic tourism develops in the world, examples are given – the leading countries, their experience in this field. Possible prospects and tendencies of further development of gastronomic tourism in our country are investigated.
Conclusions. Gastronomic tourism is becoming more and more popular among tourists every year, plays an important role among general tourism, leads to its development and diversity. Gastrotourism is of great importance for the country’s economy, as it can potentially bring high revenues to its budget, including social and cultural infrastructure. Its development improves the lives of the population, gives people the opportunity to communicate and develop in this direction. Gastronomic tourism carries historical memory as well as cultural value for its people. The experience of foreign countries has shown that this type of tourism should be developed and improved. There are several main areas of development of gastrotourism. In general, gastronomic tourism is important in the development of not only the regional tourism market, but also the state. Our country is rich in its dishes and has great potential for the development of gastronomic tourism. It is necessary to improve and popularize this type of tourism in Ukraine in all regions, because studies have shown that in many cities it is at a low level, and in some it does not exist at all.
Key words: gastronomic tourism, development, tourist market, tourism, tourists.
- Vasyuk I. «Gastronomic features of France». Available at: http://svitmandr.com.ua/гастрономічні-особливості-франції/.
- Everything you wanted to know about gastrotourism, but was afraid to ask. Travel Hunter. 2018. Available at: http://thunter.ru/.
- «Gastronomic tourism in Spain». Available at: https://mytravell.ru/gastronomicheskij-turizm-v-ispanii.
- Gastronomic festivals of Ukrainians. Exhibition center LIET. «Tours and tourist products for Lviv residents and guests of the city». Available at: http://.liet.lviv.ua/filemanager/files/file.php?file=2374.
- Number of tourists served by tour operators and travel agents, by type of tourism. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2007/tyr/tyr_u/potoki2006_u.htm.
- Kireeva, Yu.A. (2010). «Event tourism as a new direction in the modern tourist market». Nauchnyj vestnik MGIIT. № 6, рр. 16–21.
- Klyap, M.P., Shandar, F.F. «Modern varieties of tourism». Available at: https://pidru4niki.com/1584072043514/turizm/suchasni_riznovidi_turizmu.
- Koveshnikov, V.S., Garmash, V.V. (2017). «Wine and gastronomic tourism: an important potential for economic development». Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid. №4, рр. 32-37
- Kuklina, T.S. «Gastronomy tourism in the tourist market of Ukraine». URL: https://www.sworld.com.ua/konfer30/682.pd.
- Liubitseva,O. «Pedagogical and recreational technologies in the modern leisure industry». «Turystychnyj rynok Ukrainy». [Tourist Market of Ukraine]. Proceeding of International scientific-practical conference. Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts. Available at: https://tourlib.net/statti_ukr/lubiceva.htm
- Riabko,, Batychenko, S. National University of Food Technologies, Kyiv, «Hong Kong – gastronomic capital of Asia». Available at: http://dspace.nuft.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/27837 /1/118-121.pdf.
- Senin,S. (2000). Organizacija mezhdunarodnogo turizma. [Organization of international tourism]. Finansy i statistika. Moscow. Russia.
- Statute of the public association «Association of promotion of the development of wine and gastronomy tourism in Ukraine». Available at: http://awgt.nuft.edu.ua/page/view/statut.
- Strishenetsʹ, O.M. (2018). «Marketing research of financial and economic results and strategic positions of coffee producers in Ukraine». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Vol. 3, pp. 219-227.
- Shandor, F. F. Kliap M. P. (2013). Suchasni riznovydy turyzmu. [Modern varieties of tourism: a textbook]. Znannia. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Mudrak R., Nyzhnyk I., Lagodiienko V., Lagodiienko N. (2019). Impact of seasonal production on the dynamics of prices for meat and dairy products in Ukraine. TEM Journal. Vol.8, No .4, рp. 1159–1168. DOI: 10.18421/TEM84-08.
The article was received 24.01.2020