JEL classification: L26; E22
The purpose of the article is to investigate the features of regional development disparities in terms of increasing asymmetric processes in the context of the implementation of regional marketing tasks aimed at increasing the attractiveness of territories. It is substantiated that in order to regulate asymmetric processes in the regions, one should consider the region as a quasi-state and, accordingly, to create mechanisms for regulating regional development on the complex combination basis of strategic planning, financial and investment regulation, marketing advancement proposed in the strategy of regional development of ideas and approaches to their implementation. It is emphasized that the mechanism of regional development regulation, formed on this basis, ensures the achievement of the regional policy goals in the context of regional marketing. It is established that the disproportionality of the regions’ development is based on the unevenness of natural resources, human and production potential, as well as the lack of spatial development and placement of productive forces. Increasing disproportionality creates risks and threats not only to the economic unity of the state, but also causes a deterioration of the situation in the socio-economic sphere in the regions of the country.
A set of measures is proposed to prevent the unevenness development into a real threat of disruption of the consolidated economic space, which will allow to focus attention on perspective directions of the region development on the basis of using marketing methods and tools for promotion of territories. Since marketing (marketing tools) is an important component of regional governance, along with socio-economic and financial management, it can be used as an element of effective planning for the economic development of a region in order to improve it, in particular in the context of regular support for entrepreneurial activity in order to achieve a positive image. Prospects for further research are to develop a mechanism for eliminating the disproportionality of regional development based on the principles of regional marketing.
Keywords: disproportionality, regional development, unevenness, regional marketing.
- Samaryna, V.P. Osobennosty otsenky neravnomernosty sotsyalno-ekonomycheskoho razvytyia rehyonov. [Features of assessment of uneven socio-economic development of regions]. Available at: http://www.m-economy.ru/art.php?nArtId=1820.
- Kontseptsiia rehionalnoi polityky Ukrainy. [The concept of regional policy of Ukraine]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/341/2001.
- Reutov, V.Ie. (2010). Rehionalnyi vymir transformatsiinykh zrushen ekonomiky Ukrainy. [Regional measurement of transformational shifts in the Ukrainian economy]. Simferopol.
- Dolishnii, M.I. (2001). Rehionalna polityka: metodolohiia, metody, praktyka. [Regional policy: methodology, methods, practice]. Lviv. Ukrainian.
- Tomareva, V.V. Dysproportsii sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku rehioniv Ukrainy ta shliakhy yikh znyzhennia. [Disproportions of socio-economic development of Ukrainian regions and ways to reduce them]. Available at: http://www.ej.kherson.ua/journal/economic_20/1/49.pdf.
- Kovalska, L.L. Analiz rehionalnykh asymetrii u rivniakh konkurentospromozhnosti. [Analysis of regional asymmetries in competitiveness levels]. Available at: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/Portal/Soc_Gum/En/RE/2008_5_2/index.html.
- Harshyna, O.K., Shubna O. V. (2009). «Spatial asymmetry in the deployment of productive forces as a result of regional peculiarities of economic behavior of Ukrainian households». Actual problems of economics. 9 (99), рр. 162–173.
- Kuzmynchuk, N. (2012). Zabezpechennya finansovo–byudzhetnogo regulyuvannya rozvitku regioniv: pidhodi, metodi, napryamki realizaciyi. [Providing financial and budgetary regulation of regional development: approaches, methods, directions of realization: monograph]. Lviv.
- Varnalii, Z. S. (2007). Derzhavna rehionalna polityka Ukrainy: osoblyvosti ta stratehichni priorytety. [State Regional Policy of Ukraine: Features and Strategic Priorities]. Kiev. Ukraine.
The article was received 10.09.2019