УДК: 004: 339.17
JEL classification: L81
The article represents the study of the development of information technologies and their impact on the spread of modern retailing – e-commerce. The total penetration of the Internet, made possible by the latest information technology and the creation of “smart” mobile phones, has led to the growth of online commerce around the world. The number of Internet users around the world continues to grow. The Internet has also had an irreversible impact on retailing: the rise of e-commerce has not only forced regular retailers to adapt to new digital sales channels, but also allowed small and independent business owners to do business outside their local borders. Today, the global Internet penetration rate is 59 percent, with Northern Europe ranking first with a 95 percent Internet penetration rate. Online shopping is one of the most popular online activities around the world. Today, you can compare prices or read reviews online or go to the store to check the quality of the product before buying something online.
In 2021, global electronic retail sales reached 4.9 trillion US dollars. The COVID-19 pandemic, which has gained momentum since 2020, has clearly strengthened the development trends of e-commerce and the digital technologies that support its development. Competition in the market for mobile devices, which currently account for a significant share of Internet traffic, is leading to rapid technological upgrades of modern smartphones. Samsung and Apple, which currently account for nearly half of the mobile gadget market, produce a significant number of applications that complement mobile devices. The widespread use of smartphone applications designed for trade operations has brought the level of e-commerce to a qualitatively new stage of development. With the almost ubiquitous presence of mobile devices, it is not surprising that the implementation of mobile payment solutions is growing worldwide and is contributing to the growth of cashless transactions.
Keywords: information technology, Internet, smartphones, e-commerce, mobile applications.
- Yatsenko, O.M., Hriazina, A.S., Shevchyk, O.O. (2019). «E-commerce as an element of the global trading system». Actual problems of economics. № 8 (218), рр. 4-15
- Vynohradova, O.V., Yevtushenko, N.O., Kriuchok, I.S. (2020). «E-commerce in the age of digitalization. Black Sea Economic Studies». Prychornomors’ki ekonomichni studii. Ekonomika ta upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy. №5, рр. 55-61
- Chervona, O.Yu. (2020). «E-commerce trends». Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu. №39, рр. 65-68
- Vysots’ka, V.A., Chyrun, L.V. (2015). «Formal model of information resources processing in e-commerce systems». Visnyk Natsional’noho universytetu “L’vivs’ka politekhnika”. Seriia : Informatsijni systemy ta merezhi. №814, рр. 44-54.
- Vysots’ka, V.A. (2015). Analitychni metody opratsiuvannia informatsijnykh resursiv u systemakh elektronnoi kontent-komertsii. Visnyk Natsional’noho universytetu “L’vivs’ka politekhnika”. Seriia : Informatsijni systemy ta merezhi, 829, 76-101.
- Berko, A.Yu., Vysots’ka, V.A., Chyrun, L.V. (2014). «Analytical methods of processing information resources in electronic content commerce systems». Visnyk Natsional’noho universytetu “L’vivs’ka politekhnika”. Informatsijni systemy ta merezhi. № 805, рр. 23-36.
- Berko, A. Yu. (2018). «Creation and application of e-content commerce systems». Visnyk Natsional’noho universytetu “L’vivs’ka politekhnika”. Seriia: Informatsijni systemy ta merezhi. № 901, рр. 37-42.
- Official Statista website. Available at: https://www.statista.com
- Official site of Zenith Optimedia. Available at: https://www.zenithmedia.com
- Official Samsung website. Available at: https://www.samsung.com
- Official site of Apple. Available at: https://www.apple.com
- Malits’ka, H. H., Mel’nyk, O. I. (2018). Osoblyvosti elektronnoi komertsii ta stan ii rozvytku v suchasnykh ekonomichnykh umovakh Ukrainy. [Features of e-commerce and its development in modern economic conditions of Ukraine]. Efekty`vna ekonomika. [Effective economy]. (electronic journal). №12. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/12_2018/76.pdf. doi:10.32702/2307-2105-2018.12.74.
- Maslіi, N.M., Nitsenko, V.S. (2018). «Scientific approach to the formation of partnerships during the integration of enterprises in communication and information sector». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. №3(3), рр. 264-277.
- Maslіi N.M., Nitsenko, V.S. (2018). «System-synergetic approach to assessing the effectiveness of integration of companies in communication and information sector». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. №3(4), рр. 85-96.
The article was received 25.10.2021