JEL classification: L91
This article examines the theoretical issues and reasons for the emergence of the concept of supply chain management. The essence and definition of supply chains are disclosed. It is indicated that supply chain management determines the strategy and measures concerning planning, search, production and delivery of goods, logistics is only a part of the supply chain, which focuses on the fact that the right products are in the right place and at the right time.
The purpose of the research is to study the principles of supply chain management in modern enterprise logistics, the advantages of this approach and methods to improve it, to show the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on supply chain management and actions taken by enterprises in the new environment.
Five main elements of supply chain management (planning, delivery, manufacturing, delivery, return), without which it is impossible to optimize the work of enterprises, are identified. It has been determined that the effective organization of supply chain management is an important direction of increasing the competitiveness and profitability of enterprises. The main advantages of this management approach and assessment methods (financial, non-financial and quantitative parameters) are specified. The concept of responsible supply chain management, the importance of using this approach by enterprises to support the acquired image in modern conditions of existence are defined. Conditions are presented due to which companies can create a responsibly organized supply chain. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on logistics supply and the actions taken by enterprises in the new operating environment are described: improving the flexibility of supply chain strategy, digitalization of the supply chain, building reliable partnerships of supply chain participants.
Keywords: logistics, enterprise, supply chain, effective supply chain management, responsible supply chain management.
- Financial encyclopedia. Supply Chain Management (SCM). Available at: https://ua.nesrakonk.ru/scm/
- Madyar, R.O., Gadmashi, V.R., Dalekorey, S.M. (2021). «Cost management in supply chains as a tool to achieve competitive advantages of business in the global economic space». Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid. № 1. рр. 66–70. DOI: 10.32702 / 2306-6814.2021.1.66
- Supply chain management in the enterprise: what it is – methods, concepts of logistics and control system of the logical chain. Available at: https://www.cleverence.ru/articles/elektronnaya-kommertsiya/upravlenie-tsepyami-postavok-na-predpriyatii-chto-eto-takoe-metody-kontseptsii-logistiki-i-sistema-k/
- Efremova, L.V. (2020). “Supply chain-a new stage of evolution of logistics management.” Strategy of innovative renewal of the economy of Ukraine in modern conditions: a collection of abstracts of the All-Ukrainian scientific-practical Internet conference (Mariupol, March 26, 2020) / SHEI “PDTU” [etc.]; editor: VS Voloshin [etc.]; resp. ed. TG Logutova. – Mariupol: PDTU.
- Mountain O.B. Logistics and supply chain: the challenges of the covid-19 pandemic. Available at: http://bses.in.ua/journals/2020/55_1_2020/16.pdf
- 5 main trends in the supply chain for 2021. Available at: https://logist.fm/publications/5-osnovnih-tendenciy-v-lancyugu-postachannya-na-2021-rik
- Rethinking – Transfer pricing | Supply Chain Planning – The situation after COVID. Available at: https://bdo.ua/en-ua/insights-2/rethink/rethink-transfer-pricing-supply-chain-planning-beyond-covid
- What awaits the supply chain in 2021: trends and solutions. Available at: https://www.generixgroup.com/en/blog/chto-zhdet-cepochki-postavok-v-2021-godu-trendy-i-resheniya
- Reznik, N.P. (2021). Lohistyka. [Logistics]. National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Responsible supply chain management. Available at: https://ppv.net.ua/uploads/work_attachments/Responsible_Supply_Chain__UA_.pdf
- Guide To Improving Supply Chain Efficiency. Available at: https://www.shipbob.com/blog/supply-chain-efficiency/
The article was received 21.07.2021