JEL classification: R40; R49
This article is devoted to the study of the application of management in the field of logistics. Based on the study, conclusions were made about how important management as part of today’s logistics is, how management is used in logistics in general, and in what direction logistics management can develop in the future.
The purpose of the study is to show the influence of management in the field of logistics, approaches to its use, as well as the possible future of this part of the logistics direction.
Relevance of research. Enterprise resource management, in particular – human resources, which is called “management” in English, is an integral part of any business and beyond. As soon as trade and economic relations began to develop, the management began to develop too. What is the essence of this discipline for business? From the moment businesses began to take forms that were a little more widespread than the craft, which is inherited from father to son, entrepreneurs needed to somehow manage the people and resources they had, and the more they had, the harder it became to accomplish. And this is where the need for management arose: it was necessary to have a person who was able to manage all the resources that were in the company, direct employees in the right direction, monitor the work process, and motivate others to achieve certain work performance. Over time, management has captured all areas of business: the hotel and restaurant industry, tourism, light industry, and even in medicine in some form. Of course, logistics was also needed: management has played a significant role in this area and will only develop further. Well, after finding out the importance of management, it is also necessary to determine the relevance of logistics. Logistics is a transportation of people and goods, and all services that accompany this process. It has always been present in one form or another, but began to develop rapidly around the second half of the 20th century: it was then that globalization began to spread – communication between different countries and even continents began to improve, people began to travel, trade between certain countries reached significant proportions; all these reasons have led to the fact that logistics has become critical in the economic life of the world. Due to the virus pandemic, the importance of logistics has even become even greater, as delivery services now play a major role in most businesses. The essence of management in logistics is the performance of all basic functions of management: planning, organization of work, monitoring the quality of this work, management in the use of resources, as well as motivation for the effective functioning of the entire logistics chain.
Keywords: logistics, management, resources, economics, globalization.
- Sokhets’ka, A. V. (2020). «Logistics management as a tool to ensure the effective operation of the enterprise». Vcheni zapysky TNU imeni V. I. Vernads’koho. Seriia: Ekonomika i upravlinnia. Volume31(70). No 2, pp. 8-12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32838/2523-4803/70-2-2
- Hlazun, V. V., Kovbasa, O. M. (2016). «Logistics management to ensure the effective operation of agricultural enterprises». EKONOMIKA I SUSPIL’STVO. Issue 3, pp. 171-176.
- Kuz’menko, A. V., Pyl’niev, V. H. (2017). «Logistics management: substantiation of the concept and basic principles in the enterprise management system». Klasychnyj pryvatnyj universytet. Issue 5(05),
- Savenko, I. I., Sedikov, D. V. (2018). «Theoretical bases of research of logistic system of production and distribution of grain». Naukovo-vyrobnychyj zhurnal «Biznes-navihator». Issue. 4, pp. 102-105. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/bnav_2018_4_25.
- The essence and place of logistics management. [Sutnist’ ta mistse lohistychnoho menedzhmentu]. Available at: https://pidru4niki.com/68011/logistika/sutnist_mistse_logistichnogo_menedzhmentu.
- Tiurina, N. M., Hoj, I. V., Babij, I. V. (2015). Lohistyka: Navch. posib. [Logistics]. «Tsentr uchbovoi literatury». Кiev. Ukraine.
- Reznik, N.P. (2021). Lohistyka: navchal’nyj posibnyk. [Logistics]. Natsional’nyj universytet bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy. Кiev. Ukraine.
- Lohistychnyj menedzhment v systemi zahal’noho menedzhmentu. [Logistics management in the system of general management]. Available at: https://textbook.com.ua/logistika/1473450880/s-8?page=2.
The article was received 17.06.2021