JEL classification: M37; M31
Introduction. Studies have shown that despite the fact that advertising management tools, including tools for promoting goods on the Internet have a high degree of development in the scientific works, many problems caused by the new economic conditions have not yet been reflected in them. Assessing the effectiveness of the use of various online advertising tools and the feasibility of their use for specific types of consumer goods has become extremely relevant for many businesses affected by the 2020 crisis.
The purpose of this article is research of target advertising as a tool of advertising management and evaluation of its effectiveness.
Results. In this article, such an advertising management tool as target advertising was analyzed, key indicators of its effectiveness were evaluated in social networks Facebook and Instagram in different periods of 2020 on the example of Instagram-women’s shoe store, as well as the impact on these indicators of 2020 crisis and quarantine measures, which were introduced in Ukraine during the year. The dynamics of such indicators as the cost of a click on the ad, the cost of 1000 ad impressions, the cost of the order, etc. The dynamics of such indicators as cost of 1000 impressions of an advertisement, cost of a click (transition on advertising), CRT (click-through rate) and cost of one order of goods are analyzed. The analysis was conducted in different periods of 2020: before quarantine, in the spring, during quarantine, after quarantine. The vector of attention in the article is aimed at determining the causes and factors that caused significant fluctuations in the effectiveness of consumer goods advertising on social networks.
Conclusions. The Internet as a media channel is characterized by high efficiency due to the significant spread and the ability to attract the target audience. Target advertising is one of the most effective tools of advertising management, as it focuses on the interests, habits, tastes and preferences of the target audience. Thus, it demonstrates its high efficiency, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, when most consumers shop online.
Keywords: marketing, advertising management, online advertising, target advertising, social networks, key performance indicators, cost per click, cost per 1000 impressions.
- Kulyts’kyj, S. (2020). «Problems of economic development of Ukraine caused by the pandemic of coronavirus COVID-19 in the world, and finding ways to solve them». Ukraina: podii, fakty, komentari. № 9, рр. 47–53.
- Sokolova, Yu. O., Yablunovs’ka, A. Yu. (2014). «The growing role of Internet advertising as an advertising tool». Derzhava ta rehiony. Seriia: Sotsial’ni komunikatsii. № 1–2, рр. 17–18.
- Vydy internet-reklamy. [Types of Internet advertising]. Available at: https://wma.lviv.ua/vydy-internet-reklamy
- Vse, scho potribno znaty pro internet-reklamu. [Everything you need to know about online advertising]. Available at: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/https-medium-com-gen-tech-internet-ad-2f2896f2fe3
- UIA Internet ad market in Ukraine report, 2019FY. Available at: https://www.slideshare.net/memabox/uia-internet-ad-market-in-ukraine-report-2019fy
- Kovin’ko, O. M., Osavoliuk, I. V., Matsenko, A. A. (2017). «Analysis of the development of Internet advertising in Ukraine». «Molodyj vchenyj». № 12 (52). рр.136-139.
- Tarhetovana reklama v sotsial’nykh merezhakh. [Targeted advertising on social networks]. Available at: https://webbranding.ua/uk/kontekstnaya-reklama/targetirovannaya-reklama-v-socialnyx-setyax/
- Ukraine: the impact of COVID-19 on the economy and society (vision of post-pandemic development in 2020-2024 through the eyes of experts and youth). Consensus forecast. Available at: https://www.kas.de/documents/270026/8703904/
- Holmogorov, V. (2005). Internet-reklama. Kratkij kurs. [Internet advertising. Short course]. Izdatel’skij dom «Piter». St. Petersburg. Russia.
- Lahodiienko, V. V., Mashkantseva, S. O., Dolyns’ka, O. O., Bohdanov, O. O. (2020). «Development of regional marketing system in the field of transport services». Actual problems of innovative economy. № 1, рр. 76-80.
- Kaptiukhyn, R. V., Romanov, A. A. (2004). Reklama. Ynternet-reklama. [Advertising. Internet advertising]. Moskovskaia fynansovo-promyshlennaia akademyia. Moscow. Russia.
- Kaptjuhin, R. V., Romanov, A. A. (2017). Reklama. Internet-reklama. [Advertising. Internet advertising]. Yzdatel’stvo Yuzhnoho federal’noho unyversyteta. Rostov-on-Don. Taganrog. Russia.
- Lahodiienko, V. V., Basiurkina, N. J., Turlenko, N. V. (2020). «Mechanisms of formation and functioning of regional agromarketing systems». Biznes-inform. № 1, рр. 89-98.
- Lahodiienko, V. V., Holodoniuk, O. M., Mil’cheva, V. V. (2018). «Marketing strategy for bringing an innovative product to market». Ekonomika kharchovoi promyslovosti. Vol. 10, Issue 2, рр. 40-50.
- Vplyv COVID-19 ta karantynnykh obmezhen’ na ekonomiku Ukrainy. [Impact of COVID-19 and quarantine restrictions on the economy of Ukraine]. Available at: https://www.kas.de/documents/270026/8703904/Vplyv+COVID-19+ta+karantynnykh+obmezhen’+na+ekonomiku+Ukrainy.+Kabinetne+doslidzhennia+TsPD.+Lypen’+2020.pdf/b7398098-a602-524d-7f88 6189058f69d3?version=1.0&t=1597301028775
The article was received 12.09.2020