JEL classification: Q13
Introduction. Sustainable development as a global phenomenon contributes to and determines the interdependence of factors in all functional areas of activity. The urgency of organizing and managing the market activities of agricultural enterprises and other subjects of the agrarian economy is growing due to the intensification of competition in the agricultural market by both domestic and foreign producers. The process of agricultural production lasts for months, so at the stage of determining the production program of an agricultural enterprise it is very difficult to respond in time to changes in consumer demand and increase the competitiveness of goods within the already established production schemes in the markets.
The purpose of the article is to identify key determinants of ensuring the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises and other agricultural entities on the basis of sustainable development.
Results. It is substantiated that the concept of sustainable development has a significant impact on the methodology of identifying problems and their development, considering them from the standpoint of interconnection, interaction and interdependence of individual components that ensure economic growth, environmental protection and social progress. It is also substantiated that the formation of mechanisms for managing the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises on the basis of sustainable development should take into account two essential principles: firstly, it is the formation of a balanced relationship in the triad – economy, ecology and social sphere, which means optimal use of human and nature resources provided by economic development; secondly, the solution of production problems based on the introduction of responsible innovations related to development not only at the present stage, but also taking into account the interests of future generations.
Key words: sustainable development, competitive development, factors of sustainable develop-ment, factors of competitiveness, competitiveness management.
- Borschuk, S.S., Zagorsky, V.M. (2005). «Concept of sustainable development and problems of optimization of economic systems». Rehional’na ekonomika. 3. рр. 113-119.
- Danilishin, B.M. (2008). «Developing national sustainable development strategies: a useful experience for Ukraine». Mekhanizm rehuliuvannia ekonomiky. 3 (2). рр. 214-218.
- Horbal’, N., Romanyshyn, S. (2010). «Management system of enterprise competitiveness». Naukovyj visnyk Natsional’noho lisotekhnichnoho universytetu: Ekonomika, planuvannia i upravlinnia haluzi. іssue 20.12. pp. 112-117.
- Ekonomika pidpryiemstva. [Economics of the enterprise]. (2004). In Pokropyvnoho, S.F. (ed.). KNEU. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Kvyatkovskaya, L.A. (2013). «Realization of principles of the concept of sustainable development in the activity of the enterprise». Visnyk sotsial’no-ekonomichnykh doslidzhen’. no. 1. рр. 85-89.
- Litvinova, Yu. O. (2012). «Problems of ensuring the competitiveness of the enterprise in modern conditions». Upravlinnia rozvytkom. 9. рр. 35-37.
- Makarovs’ka, T.P., Bondar, N.M. (2003). Ekonomika pidpryiemstva. [Economics of the enterprise]. MAUP. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Mytiaj, O.V., Lahodiienko,V.V., Safonov, V.V. (2015). «Competitiveness of agricultural enterprises as the main lever of sustainable development of the agricultural sector». Ekonomichnyj chasopys – XXI. 155(11-12). рр. 59-62.
- Tkachuk, H.Yu. (2012). Formuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti malykh pidpryiemstv ahrobiznesu. [Formation of competitiveness of small agribusiness enterprises]. ZhDTU. Zhytomyr. Ukraine.
- Uzhva, A. (2016). Competitiveness of Enterprises in a Sustainable Agribusiness Development. Science and Education a New Dimension. Humanities and Social Sciences. IV (17). іssue 108. рр. 7-11.
- Uzhva, A.M. (2014). «Competitiveness of agro-industrial complex in the context of European integration processes of Ukraine». Ekonomichnyj dyskurs: Mizhnarodnyj zbirnyk naukovykh prats’. іssue 3. pp. 58-61.
- Uzhva, A. M. (2015). «Conceptual aspects of the strategy of sustainable development of the agro-industrial complex». Scientific Journal of Lutsk National Technical University. 2. pp. 61-66.
- Chajkivs’kyj, I.A. (2014). «Mechanisms for sustainable development of agricultural enterprises». Innovatsijna ekonomika. no. 6. рр. 108-114.
The article was received 03.08.2020