JEL classification: Q01; Q18; Q55
Introduction. The current state and prospects of development of livestock enterprises most in need of innovation in the formation and formation of food independence of Ukraine. After all, providing the population with livestock products is stable, in sufficient quantity and of the required quality and range is an important strategic task for the country. The article analyses the current state of development of livestock enterprises, as well as outlines the prospects and main directions of development of the industry.
The aim of the study was to study current state and prospects of innovative development of agricultural enterprises specializing in the production of livestock products and justification of further directions of innovative development of the industry in the country.
Results. The dynamics of cattle and cows by categories of farms was analysed, a significant reduction in the number of cows in agricultural enterprises of Ukraine and a tendency to continue the reduction in the number of cows. The dynamics of milk production in Ukraine, the level of prices for meat and milk and the profitability of livestock production by agricultural enterprises are analysed. According to the State Statistics Service, milk production in Ukraine in 2019 decreased by 3.7% and for the first time since independence fell below 10 million tons – to 9.68 million tons as of 2020, milk production was 2963.6, which is 60.6% lower than the production volume of 1990. Meat production in 2019 increased by 4.8% – to 3.47 million tons (live weight), but compared to 1990 decreased by 43.1%. Meat production is unprofitable in agricultural enterprises, while dairy farming is profitable.
Conclusions. It is established that the livestock industry in Ukraine is experiencing certain difficulties, precisely because of the lack of innovative components in its development. The factors that cause negative processes are identified. According to the results of the study, proposals for the development of the livestock industry and its effective functioning are provided. It is noted that the innovative development of livestock enterprises must be combined with sustainable development of rural areas.
Key words: animal husbandry, dairy farming, innovative development, efficiency, productivity, profitability.
- Vlasenko, V., Golovko, M. P., Semko, T. V., Golovko, T. M. (2018). Texnologiya moloka ta molochny`x produktiv. [Technology of milk and dairy products]. Xarkivs`ky`j derzhavny`j universy`tet xarchuvannya ta torgivli Xarkiv. XDUXT. Ukraine.
- Official website of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine. (2021). Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Ivanova, S. (2017). «Dairy farming: current status and problems to be solved». Agrosvit, pp. 57-62.
- Avercheva, O. (2019). «Improving the quality of milk as a basis for product competitiveness in the European market». Agrosvit. № 22, pp. 19-30.
- Zaxody`m, V. (2016). «The current state and trends in dairy farming in Ukraine». Innovacijna ekonomika. № 1-2, рр. 53-59.
- Kravchenko, M., Antoshhenkova, V. V. (2019). «Factors of sustainable economic development of the agricultural sector». Visny`k Xarkivs`kogo nacional`nogo texnichnogo universy`tetu sil`s`kogo gospodarstva. Ser. Ekonomichni nauky`. Issue 200, pp. 174-183.
- Onegina,, Kravchenko, Y., Antoshchenkova, V. Improving the efficiency of quality management and safety of dairy production in Ukraine in the conditions of European integration. Ed. by O. Mandych, T. Pokusa. Academy of Management and Administration in Opole, 2020. рp. 105-111.
- Antoshhenkova, V. (2016). Formuvannya ry`nku moloka na osnovi kooperacijno-integracijny`x vidnosy`n. [Formation of the milk market on the basis of cooperative and integration relations]. Ekonomichny`j dy`skurs: mizhnarodny`j zbirny`k naukovy`x pracz`. Kamianets-Podilskyi: PDATU m. Kamyanecz`-Podil`s`ky`j: PDATU. Issue 2, рр. 29-35.
- Antoshhenkova, V. V., Kravchenko, Yu. M. (2019). «Management of material flows and the formation of the raw material zone in the dairy sector». Visny`k Xarkivs`kogo nacional`nogo texnichnogo universy`tetu sil`s`kogo gospodarstva. Issue 206, pp. 45-54.
- Popadynec’, N. M., Irtyshheva, I. O., Kramarenko, I. S., Danylo, S. I., Zhuravel’, Ju. V. (2020). «Regional’na ekonomika. Strategic guidelines for state regulation of the domestic market of consumer goods». Regional economy. 2(96), рр. 131-143. DOI: https://doi.org/10.36818/1562-0905-2020-2-11.
- Irtyshheva, I. O., Smeljanec’, T. V., Burdel’na, G. O. (2012). «Status and strategic guidelines of investment and financial support of the agri-food sector in the context of globalization». Agrosvit. Vol. 7, рр. 26–32.
- Irtyshheva, I. O., Kramarenko, I. S. (2012). «Financial and credit support of the agro-food sphere of Ukraine: current state and prospects of development». Agrosvit. Vol. 3, рр. 16-24.
The article was received 05.04.2021