JEL classification: F 40
Introduction. In today’s conditions of an open economy, where globalization and integration are becoming increasingly widespread, more and more countries are actively engaged in foreign trade and economic activity, reflected in the steady growth of export and import activity, increased scope and geographical diversification of labor migration, active expansion of capital from developed countries into developing countries.
The purpose of the study is to determine the current trends of international trade and economic relations in the agrarian sector of Ukraine.
Results. The importance of the agrarian sector in the process of increasing its involvement in world trade is due to an increase in the share of exports of crop production, indicating the current demand for these products in the world market and the potential for increasing the presence of domestic producers abroad.
Conclusions. International trade and economic relations of the agrarian sector of Ukraine serve as the basis for its export potential in the global market, a source of budget filling in foreign exchange earnings and require the development of mechanisms for stimulating export activities and the introduction of import substitution technologies with state support and institutional support.
Keywords: international trade and economic relations, agrarian sector, export, import, plant growing, export potential.
- Golikov, A. P. and Dovgal`, O. A. (2015). Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosy`ny`. [International economic relations]. XNU imeni V. N. Karazina. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Hasbulatov, R. I. (2014). Mezhdunarodnye jekonomicheskie otnoshenija. [International economic relations]. 2nd ed., per. i dop. Izdatel’stvo Jurajt. Moscow. Russia.
- Avdokushin, E. F. (1997). Mezhdunarodnye jekonomicheskie otnoshenija. [International Economic Relations]. Marketing. Moscow. Russia.
- Voloshanyuk, N. V. and S`omka, A. K. (2017). «Agrarian sector of Ukraine: trends, subjects, prospects for reform». Naukovy`j visny`k Uzhgorods`kogo nacional`nogo universy`tetu. Seriya: Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosy`ny` ta svitove gospodarstvo. Issue. 13(1).
- Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Pugachev, M. I. (2017). «Agrarian sector of economy of Ukraine in conditions of institutional changes». Ekonomika APK. no. 5. pp. 12–18.
- Kuz`minov, M. V. (2018). Rozvy`tok sy`stemy` pidtry`mky` eksportnoyi diyal`nosti agrarny`x kompanij. [Development of the system of support of export activity of agrarian companies]. Ph.D. Thesis. 08.00.02Derzhavny`j vy`shhy`j navchal`ny`j zaklad «Ky`yivs`ky`j nacional`ny`j ekonomichny`j universy`tet Imeni Vady`ma Get`mana». Кiev. Ukraine.
- Aleksandrov, E. L. and Kruglov, V. N. (2017). Mirovaja jekonomika i mezhdunarodnye jekonomicheskie otnoshenija. [World economy and international economic relations]. M.: Finansovyj universitet. Moscow. Russia.
The article was received 07.08.2018