JEL classification: L83
The tourism industry is considered the most important industry in the world, as it contributes to job creation, increases national income and increases the competitiveness of tourism. Thus, tourism is one of the most promising growing areas in the world economy. This is due to its multifaceted social and economic benefits, which help solve many global problems. As a result, many areas have focused on innovation as one of the renewed forms of competition that provides an innovative tourism product and responds to the ever-changing needs of tourists. Thus, the study aims to study the role of innovation as a tool to maintain the competitive advantage of Ukrainian tourism product. The methodology of the study depends on the adoption of a quality method using interviews with some officials responsible for tourism management in the country. The results of the study show that innovation is a powerful tool that can increase the competitive advantage of Ukrainian tourism product. This will have a positive effect on the country’s competitive position. Innovation is one of the main factors contributing to economic growth in many countries, as it has an economic impact on the tourism sector through the renewal of production, sales and promotion, and is an effective factor in increasing the value of the tourism product. Adoption of innovation policy in tourism creates opportunities for the provision of differentiated tourism products or services. Combined, innovation helps to cope with the changing characteristics of tourism demand, uses new distribution channels and develops different marketing strategies and methods or different promotion tools to attract a wide range of tourism movements. Thus, the creation of innovative tourism products and activities will contribute to the development of the tourism sector and increase its positive impact.
Keywords: innovations in tourism, competitive advantage, tourist product, tourism industry.
- Bondarenko, M.P. (2012). «Theoretical bases of development of the tourism industry». Economic Annals-XXI, no. 3–4, pp. 19–22.
- Drapushko, R.H. (2014). «Tourism industry: international and domestic experience». In-tu rozvytku dytyny. (Seriia «Filosofiia, pedahohika, psykholohiia»). Issue 35, рр. 31–36.
- Melnichenko, O. A., Velichko, L. Yu. (2015). «Tourism industry: essence, components, clusters, the need for government regulation». Teoriia ta praktyka derzhavnoho upravlinnia. 4, рр. 1–9.
- Havryliuk, A.M.(2011) Derzhavne rehuliuvannia komunikatsiinoho zabezpechennia turystychnoi industrii v Ukraini. [State regulation of communication support of the tourism industry in Ukraine]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 25.00.02 «Mekhanizmy derzhavnoho upravlinnia». Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Omelchenko H., Pilipenko S., Moisyeyeva N. (2019). Тourism as an innovational project of modern globalization. Innovative tools for socio-economic systems’ development: monograph. Katowice: Katowice School of Technology. Pt. 25, рр. 229-234.
- Novikov, V.S. (2007). Innovacii v turizme. [Innovationsin tourism]. Izd. Center “Academy”. Russia.
- Malaxova, N.N., Ushakov, D.S.(2008). Innovacii v turizme i servise. [Innovations in tourism and service]. IKC “MarT”. Russia. Izdatelskij centr “MarT”. Rostov n/D. Russia.
Shkola, I.M.(2011). Menedgment turyzmu. [Tourism management]. Knygy – XXI. Chernivtsi. Ukraine.
The article was received 10.07.2021