JEL classification: Q01; Q15; Q56
Introduction. The implementation in practice of the conditions for the sustainable agricultural production development in Ukraine requires a study of its functioning components: economic, social and environmental ones. However, with the growing openness of the national economy for the agricultural production development, new challenges arise, accompanied by the emergence of new components to ensure full-fledged conditions for its sustainable development.
The purpose of this article is to study the peculiarities of the strategy formation for sustainable development of agricultural production in terms of increasing openness of the national economy.
Results. To substantiate the strategy of sustainable agricultural production development in terms of growing openness of the national economy, it is necessary to identify strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats to its implementation. This allows simulating the relations between the strengths and weaknesses of the object of analysis and its potential and actual threats. Taking into account the data of the SWOT-analysis of factors and conditions of sustainable agricultural production development in Ukraine in the conditions of growing openness of national economy, all possible pair combinations are considered, and those, which should be considered at strategy formation of sustainable agricultural production development in Ukraine in the conditions of growing openness of national economy.
Conclusions. Given the growing openness of the national economy, the transition of domestic agricultural production to the principles of sustainable development is an unalterable scenario. Only with such an approach, it is possible to ensure full use and full reproduction of the resource potential of the agricultural sector of Ukraine’s economy, the formation of economically balanced, environmentally sustainable and socially oriented production system. The analysis of the interrelationships of factors in the sectors of comparative advantages, security, challenges and threats indicates the existence of a potential opportunity for sustainable development of agricultural production in Ukraine in the conditions of growing openness of the national economy. To do this, it is necessary to form a mixed strategy by combining comparative advantages using opportunities to strengthen weaknesses.
Key words: agricultural production, sustainable development, strategy, growing openness of national economy.
1. Zgurovskij, M.Z., Pereverza, K.V. (2009). «Methods of building scenarios for the development of Ukraine using SWOT-analysis». System research and information technology. No. 2, pp. 7-17.
2. Lagodiienko, N.V.(2019) «”Restoration points” of sustainable development of agricultural production in the conditions of growing openness of the national economy». Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. Series “Economics and Management”. Issue 3 (81), pp. 112-117.
3. Uzhva, A. M. (2015). «Conceptual aspects of the strategy of sustainable development of the agro-industrial complex». Scientific Journal of Lutsk National Technical University. No 2, pp. 61–66.
4. Tosko, R.R., Novikova, A.V. (2016). «Application of swot-analysis methodology to form a strategy for strengthening national security in the field of state security». Young Scientist. № 4 (31), pp. 337-340.
5. Lagodiienko, V.V. (2015). «Competitiveness of agricultural enterprises as the main lever of sustainable development of the agrarian sphere». Economic Journal – XXI. №155 (11-12), pp. 59-62.
6. Mudrak, R., Nyzhnyk, I., Lagodiienko, V., Lagodiienko, N. (2019) Impact of Seasonal Production on the Dynamics of Prices for Meat and Dairy Products in Ukraine. TEM Journal. Volume 8, Issue 4, Pages 1159-1168. DOI: 10.18421/TEM84-08.
7. Mudrak, R.P., Lahodiienko, V.V., Lahodiienko, N.V. (2018). «Impact of aggregate costs on national production». Economic Annals-XXI. №172(7-8), pp. 44-50.
8. Mudrak R. (2019). Sustainable development of regional agro-food production in conditions of increasing openness of the national economy. Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. №4, рр. 320–327.
The article was received 05.03.2020