УДК 338.43: 631.1
JEL classification: Q13; Q16
The transition to organic farming is a matter of time given the deteriorating environmental situation in the world. At present, Ukraine is one of the most powerful producers and exporters of agricultural products in the world, and the reorientation to organic agricultural production will strengthen and consolidate its position in the world market. Today, Ukrainian farmers specialize mainly in the production of organic crop products: wheat, barley, sunflower, corn for grain, etc., because the cultivation of arable crops is less expensive. Organic farming currently accounts for about 1% of agricultural land, which, however, puts Ukraine in seventh place in the world ranking of producers of organic cereals. The regions with the highest concentration of certified lands and certified operators are Kherson, Kyiv, Odesa, Cherkasy and Zaporizhia regions. Organic farming is a promising area of investment; its development is also facilitated by joint projects of domestic producers with foreign companies. Currently, Ukraine ranks second in the ranking of countries exporting organic products to the European Union, supplying the European market with about 80 categories of goods, including value-added agro-industrial products, whose presence on the world market expands prospects for increasing production. A review of analytical data showed that the share of organic products sold in the domestic market in 2019 was only 1.54%, which is primarily due to the low solvency of the population. However, there is a gradual expansion of the domestic market for organic products. One of the problems hindering the introduction of organic technologies in production is the limited working capital of farmers, because ensuring the environmental friendliness of production requires the introduction of additional operations and strict compliance with agronomic requirements. The interest of foreign companies in large batches makes it impossible to directly supply products from small enterprises. Therefore, we consider the creation of cluster formations to be a promising direction.
Key words: organic production, organic technologies, organic agriculture, grain, holding, cluster.
- Basiuk, H. (2014). «Competitiveness of organic products». Students’kyj visnyk Natsional’noho universytetu vodnoho hospodarstva ta pryrodokorystuvannia. Issue. 1 (1), pp. 75-78.
- Hranovs’ka, V. (2017). «Prospects for the development of the market of organic products in Ukraine». Ekonomika APK. no. 4, pp. 31 – 40.
- Havaza, Ye. (2013). «The current state of production and sale of organic products on the domestic market». Orhanichne vyrobnytstvo i prodovol’cha bezpeka. Zhytomyr: «Polissia». рp. 203 – 208.
- Analiz rynku orhanichnoi produktsii v Ukraini. [ Analysis of the market of organic products in Ukraine]. Available at: https://agropolit.com/spetsproekty/407-analiz-rinku-organichnoyi-produktsiyi-v-ukrayini.
- De v Ukraini grunt najbil’she pidkhodyt’ dlia orhanichnoho zemlerobstva (karta). [Where in Ukraine the soil is most suitable for organic farming (map)]. Available at: https://api.visicom.ua/uk/posts/organiclandinukr.
- Dankevych, Ye. M., Dankevych, V. Ye. (2013). «Suitability of Polissya lands for the introduction of organic production». Orhanichne vyrobnytstvo i prodovol’cha bezpeka. Zhytomyr: Polissia, pp. 252– 256.
- VARti novyny: V orhanichnomu zemlerobstvi lehshe za vse vyroschuvaty oves. Available at: https://agravery.com/uk/posts/show/varti-novini-v-organicnomu-zemlerobstvi-legse-za-vse-virosuvati-oves.
- Orhanichne vyrobnytstvo v Ukraini. [Organic production in Ukraine]. Available at: https://agro.me.gov.ua/ua/napryamki/organichne-virobnictvo/organichne-virobnictvo-v-ukrayini.
- Ukraintsi pasut’ zadnikh za spozhyvanniam orhanichnoi. [Ukrainians are lagging behind in the consumption of organic products]. Available at: https://landlord.ua/news/ukrayintsi-pasut-zadnih-za-spozhivannyam-organichnoyi-produktsiyi/.
- Vdovych, H., Cherkas’ka, I. S. (2013). «The current state of organic production in Ukraine». Naukovyj visnyk NUBiP Ukrainy. Seriia: Ekonomika, ahrarnyj menedzhment, biznes. pp. 408 – 415.
- Honcharenko N. (2018). «Clustering as a tool to increase the competitiveness of organic crop production in international competition». Derzhava ta rehiony. pp. 106 – 112.
- V 2019 godu Ukraina zanjala 2 mesto iz 123 stran po ob#emam importiruemoj organicheskoj produkcii v ES. [In 2019, Ukraine ranked 2nd out of 123 countries in terms of the volume of imported organic products in the EU.]. Available at: https://www.apk-inform.com/ru/agroexport/1511503.
- Imports of organic tropical fruit increased in the EU, while imports of organic cereals declined in 2019. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/imports-organic-tropical-fruit-increased-eu-while-imports-organic-cereals-declined-2019-2020-jun-03_en?fbclid=IwAR3alV0hTbKt8hK4ItAyTBaE7B_E8aTpPLbEkShkUHrTQD2o3egDCg7WSsg.
- Marmul’, O., Novak, N. P. (2016). «Development of organic production in Ukraine on the basis of cooperation». Ekonomika APK. no. 9, pp. 26-32.
- Kustovs’ka, V., Smolij, Ya. A. Do pytannia rozvytku orhanichnoho vyrobnytstva v Ukraini. [On the development of organic production in Ukraine]. Available at: http://journals.nubip.edu.ua/index.php/Zemleustriy/article/viewFile/11787/10792.
- Leheza, H. (2011). « Model of organic production in agricultural enterprises». Visnyk Khmel’nyts’koho natsional’noho universytetu. No. 5, vol.2. pp. 139 – 143.
The article was received 13.10.2020