JEL classification: O13, Q18, Q56
Introduction. In recent decades, the world is rapidly developing trends in green production and technology. In agriculture, these trends have led to the rapid development of the organic market. The paper emphasizes the importance of this segment of the food market from both economic and social points of view.
The purpose of the article is to study the dynamic processes in the market of organic products in the world as a whole and in some regional markets.
Results. It is emphasized that in Ukraine, as well as in other countries of the world, during the last two decades there is a rapid increase in the volume of organic production. At the same time, both in absolute and relative terms, our market is significantly inferior to the world’s leading countries. The study found that the structure of the organic market of each country has its own characteristics that are closely linked to national traditions. In Austria, dairy products and eggs are of the greatest importance for consumers, in Germany these are meat and milk, in France these are baby nutrition, eggs, milk. The total volume of the European market for organic products in 2018 was 40.7 billion euros, of which 37.4 billion euros fell on the European Union. At the same time, for the period from 2005 to 2018, it increased in absolute terms from 11.9 billion euros to 40.7 billion euros, that is, almost 3.5 times. As for the land area occupied by organic crops in Europe, during the period 1985-2018 they increased from 0.1 million hectares to 15.6 million hectares. Including for the period 2008-2018 they increased from 8.3 million hectares to 15.6 million hectares, respectively, or almost twice. The leaders in the development of organic farming in terms of the share of organic land in the total agricultural land of the country in the world are Austria (24.7%), Sweden (19.9%), Italy (15.8%).
It is emphasized that organic livestock is developing rapidly in Europe. During 2009-2018, the number of cattle in Europe increased by 88.1%, sheep – by 67.8%, pigs – by 105.2%, poultry – by 127.9%. However, the share of organic livestock in the total livestock remains low. It was the highest in cattle (5.2%) and sheep (5.0%), and lowest in pigs (0.7%).
Conclusions. In order to accelerate the development of the market of organic products in Ukraine, the need to introduce an economic mechanism is emphasized. This mechanism should create the rules of the game in the market and determine the optimal economic decisions of economic entities.
Key words: market of organic products, dynamics of organic market development, production of organic products in the world, structure of organic products market, organic animal husbandry.
- Yatsenko, O. M., Ovcharenko, A. S. (2015). «The prospects of market creation of organic food products in Ukraine in the condition of economic globalisation». Orhanichne vyrobnytstvo i prodovolcha bezpeka. Zhytomyr, рр. 337-342.
- Maslak, O. M. (2012). «The formation of organic products market in Ukraine». Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Issue 11, pp. 58-62.
- Lupenko, Yu. O. (2013). «The formation of demand and supply of the organic products market». Orhanichne vyrobnytstvo i prodovolcha bezpeka. Zhytomyr, рр. 3–9.
- Hutsalenko, O. O. (2014). «The market of organiccrop production as an integral part of the agrarian market of Ukraine». Oblik i finansy. no 1, pp. 133-137.
- Kolomytseva, O. V., Vasylchenko, L. S. and Pepchuk, S. M. (2018). «Formation and development of organic products market in Ukraine». Naukovyj visnyk. no 2, pp. 28-33.
- Voskobijnyk, Yu. P. and Havaza, Ye. V. (2013). «The capacity of the organic produce market in Ukraine». no 4–6, pp. 7-10.
- Chudovska, V. A., Shkuratov, O. I. and Kyporenko, V. V. (2016). Ekoloho-ekonomichnyj mekhanizm rozvytku orhanichnoho silskoho hospodarstva: teoriia i praktyka. [Ecological and economic mechanism of organic agriculture development: theory and practice]. Kyiv.
- Kharchenko, T. B. (2013). «The prospects of the development of organic products market in Ukraine». Ekonomika APK. no 9, pp. 37-41.
- Hranovska, V. H. (2017). «The prospects of the development of organic products market in Ukraine». Ekonomika APK. no 4, pp. 31-40.
- Chychkalo-Kondratska, I. B. and Fedina, O. I. (2016). «Prospects for the export of Ukrainian organic products to the European Union». Ekonomichnyj prostir. no 105,
- Viniukova, O.B. and Chuhrij, H.A. (2018). «Organic products market in Ukraine: problems and prospects of its development». Prychornomorski ekonomichni studii. no 26(1),
- Slavhorodska, Yu. V. (2016). «Production of organic products in Ukraine: current state and prospects». Visnyk Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii. no 4, pp. 49-54.
- Rohach, S. M. and Seminskyj, A. A. (2018). Stan ta tendentsii vyrobnytstva orhanichnoi produktsii v Ukraini ta sviti [Current state and trends of organic production in Ukraine and in the world]. Веб-сайт. Available at: http://ir.znau.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/9239/3/Organik_2018_13-17.pdf
- Zinovchuk, N. V. and Raschenko, A. V. (2014). «Characteristics of the introduction of organic production in Ukraine». Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannia. no 1, pp. 13–20.
- FiBL surver 2020. Веб-сайт Available at: https://www.fibl.org/fileadmin/ documents/shop/5011-organic-world-2020.pdf.
- Organic in Europe. Prospects and developments. Веб-сайт Available at: http://www.ifoam-eu.org/en/library/annual-reports.
- Data on organic area in worldwide. Веб-сайт Available at: https://statistics.fibl.org/world/area-world.html?tx_statisticdata_pi1%5 Bcontroller%5D=Element2Item&cHash=f367262839ab9ca2e7ac1f333fbb1ca2
- Organic retail sales. Available at: https://statistics.fibl.org/world/retail-sales-world.html?tx_statisticdata_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=Element2Item&cHash =35a0fcd89ae099d2ff14fe1ddb38a1aa.
The article was received 15.07.2020