JEL classification: G33
Introduction. The effective functioning of the agro-industrial complex is ensured by the coordinated work of enterprises of different types of economic activity that are part of it, so it will be important to study their condition. Given the instability of the macroeconomic situation, which today is characterized by uncertainty and risk, the activities of agriculture ensure food security of the state, performing an important social function, so it needs research.
The main purpose of the article is to analyze the current state of enterprises of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine.
Results. The article examines the current state of enterprises of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine. The probability of their bankruptcy is analyzed. Preliminary analysis of the structure of economic assets and sources of their formation allowed to identify the most critical problems in the financial well-being of these enterprises, which may affect the rhythm of their work in the future and lead to bankruptcy. At most enterprises of the agro-industrial complex, the share of current assets in their total volume exceeds the normative values. This is evidence of inefficient use of capital and the formation of excessive balances of working capital at various stages of turnover, in particular, in the form of receivables. The general tendency of financing economic activity at the enterprises of agrarian and industrial complex, in the conditions of insufficient volumes of own capital, is attraction of short-term, instead of long-term obligations. This leads to a loss of balance sheet liquidity and may lead to an insolvency crisis in the future. The financing of economic activity was due to short-term liabilities in the amount, and the share of equity in trade in food and agricultural raw materials and live animals is traditionally low. Thus, the financial stability of these activities is too low. Uncovered losses of previous periods led to a complete loss of equity in the production of fertilizers and agrochemical products.
Conclusions. Based on the results of the study, it is established that today the driving force of this sector of the economy are medium-sized enterprises, which are also characterized by the best level of financial well-being.
Keywords: enterprises of agro-industrial complex, probability of bankruptcy, rhythmic work, food security.
- Activity of enterprises: еconomic statistics / State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Веб-сайт. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/menu/menu_u/sze_20.htm
- Dergalyuk, M.O. (2018). «Approaches to defining the essence of the concept of “agro-industrial complex”». Ekonomika ta derzhava. 5, рр. 34-37.
- Zavidna, L., Makarenko, P.M., Chepurda, G., Lyzunova, O., Shmygol, N. (2019). «Strategy of innovative development as an element to activate innovative activities of companies». Academy of Strategic Management Journal.18(4), рр. 1-6.
- Galtsova, O., Solovyov, O., Koval, V., Arsawan, I.W.E. (2020). «Analysis of country’s competitiveness factors based on inter-state rating comparisons». Available at: https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/pdf/2020/13/e3sconf_corectijjss2020_03001.pdf
- Perevozova, I., Shmygol, N., Tereshchenko, D., Kandahura, K., Katerna, O. (2019). «Introduction of creative economy in international relations: aspects of development security». Sec. Sust. No. 9(1), рр. 139-154.
- Shmygol, N., Galtsova, O., Varlamova, I. (2018). «Rozrobka metodolohii dlia otsinky indeksu ekolohichno-ekonomichnoi roboty dlia reshennia ekonomichnykh i ekolohichnykh problem ukrainy». Baltic Journal of Economic. No. №4, рр. 366-375.
- Pro zatverdzhennia Polozhennia pro vyznachennia bankamy Ukrainy rozmiru kredytnoho ryzyku za aktyvnymy bankivs’kymy operatsiiamy: Postanova pravlinnia NBU [On approval of the Regulation on determining the amount of credit risk by banks of Ukraine for active banking operations: Resolution of the NBU]. (2016). No. 351/2016 dated of June 30, 2016. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/v0351500-16#n33p.
- Fedorishina, L. I., Tsurkan, A. O. (2018). «Improving methodological approaches to assessing the creditworthiness of a commercial bank borrower». Agrosvit. No. 11, рр. 39–42.
The article was received 15.07.2020