JEL classification: L83
Introduction. The tourism industry plays a significant role in the development of the national economy. For some countries, tourism is the main source of income. The tourism sector creates new jobs, stimulates the development of other sectors of the economy, increases labor productivity through recreational functions, increases turnover within the country with domestic tourists, and creates conditions with outside tourists.
The purpose of article is study of the current level of state support for the tourism industry of the country, identification of shortcomings and further prospects for state regulation of the development of the tourism sector of Ukraine.
Results. The article examines the state of the tourism market in Ukraine at the moment, highlights the main factors hindering the development of the tourism sector in modern conditions, substantiates the relevance of using tourism development programs in the region. The description of complex programs of tourism development of the region and the process of their creation is carried out. The state of development and implementation of programs for the tourism sector development of the region in the Volyn region and the city of Lutsk is studied, the problems of its implementation in connection with the global economic crisis in the world are highlighted. Promising directions for the development of domestic tourism are proposed in connection with the reduction of population mobility.
Conclusions. The tourism sector is an important component of the economy because it stimulates the development of other sectors. In modern conditions, there are obstacles to the development of tourism in Ukraine. That is why the state must regulate and stimulate the development of the tourism sector. The best method of such incentives is to create regional development programs that will allow the comprehensive implementation of measures aimed at stimulating the development of the tourism industry. The tourism industry has been hit hard by the global crisis. There are also problems with the implementation of tourism development programs in the regions. However, with the decline in international population mobility, new prospects for the development of domestic tourism have emerged that require further research.
Key words: tourism, tourism sector, tourism development program of the region, tourist infrastructure, Volyn region.
- Batrak, P., Jurchenko, S. (2018). «State regulation of tourism development in Turkey: experience for Ukraine». Visnyk Kharkivsjkogho nacionaljnogho universytetu imeni VN Karazina. Serija: Mizhnarodni vidnosyny. Ekonomika. Krajinoznavstvo. Turyzm, №8, рр.172-180.
- Byrkovych, V. (2007). «Improving state regulation of tourism development at the regional level». Stratehichni priorytety. №4(5), pp. 157-163.
- Ghulych, O. (2004). «Scientific and methodological approaches and algorithm for developing regional programs for the development of the recreational sphere Socio-economic research in transition». Rynkova transformacija Ukrajiny: problemy ta perspektyvy, № 1, рр. 9–17.
- Iljashenko, A. (2010). «State policy in the field of tourist services». Derzhava ta reghiony. № 2, рр. 93–99.
- Kylyn, O., Viter, O. (2020). «The place of state regulation in the development of the tourism industry of Ukraine». Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannja, № (1), рр. 34-42.
- Krachylo, M. (1994). «Economic aspects of tourism development in Ukraine in the context of world experience». Problemy rozvytku turyzmu v Ukrajini i zavdannja vidnovlennja istorychnoji pam’jati narodu zasobamy turyzmu. [Problems of tourism development in Ukraine and the task of restoring the historical memory of the people by means of tourism], Proceeding of the Materials of the Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Conference. Kyiv. Kode, Part І. p. 14.
- Lagodiienko, V. V., Dovgal, O. V. (2018). «Factors of economic growth of regions in the conditions of disproportion». Actual problems of innovative economy. № 3, рр. 15-21.
- Lagodiienko, V. V., Andrusiv, U. Y. «Regional economic policy in the conditions of disproportion: ways of minimization». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. 2018. Volume 3. № 2, 81–89.
- Pavlov, K. V., Pavlova, O. M. (2019) Formuvannia ta rehuliuvannia konkurentnykh vidnosyn na rehionalnykh rynkakh zhytla Ukrainy. [Formation and regulation of competitive relations in the regional housing markets of Ukraine]. Vydavnytstvo «Teren». Lutsk.
- Pavlova, M., Pavlov, K. V., Bleianiuk, M. O., Yevpak, Yu. S. (2019). «Social and creative industries in the development of the concept of smart cities». Ekonomichnyi chasopys Skhidnoievropeiskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Lesi Ukrainky. Lutsk. Vezha-Druk. № 4(20), рр. 7-14.
- Pro Proghramu rozvytku turyzmu ta rekreaciji u Volynsjkij oblasti na 2016–2020 roky: rishennja. Volynsjka oblasna rada [About the Program of development of tourism and recreation in the Volyn region for 2016–2020: decision. Volyn regional council]. Available at: http://volynrada.gov.ua/session/4/10-0 .
- Pro Proghramu rozvytku turyzmu u misti Lucjku na 2019-2020 roky: rishennja. Lucjka misjka rada. [About the Program of tourism development in the city of Lutsk for 2019-2020: decision. Lutsk city council]. Available at: https://www.lutskrada.gov.ua/documents/pro-prohramu-rozvytku-turyzmu-u-misti-lutsku-na-2019-2020-roky.
- Strishenets, O. M. Liashenko, O. M. (2017). «Theoretical aspects of tourist clusters as a determinant of socio-economic development of the region». Ekonomichnyi chasopys SNU imeni Lesi Ukrainky. Lutsk. Vezha-Druk. № 4(12), рр. 7-13.
- Strishenets, M. (2018). «Marketing research of financial and economic results and strategic positions of coffee producers in Ukraine». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. № 3, рр. 219-227.
The article was received 03.11.2020