JEL classification: K32
Introduction. At present, the coverage of modern principles of state policy of Ukraine in the field of health care remains underdeveloped and used. National health policy should provide for the creation of a new ideology of health care in Ukraine, development of ways and means of optimal organization at the national level of health care and improvement, healthy lifestyle, medical and social disease prevention, rehabilitation, so the question public policies for the development of health care remain relevant, because today the first stage of reform is completed and the second stage is being implemented and, unfortunately, the only mechanism to achieve maximum efficiency of the medical sector in the context of significant reform changes in society has not been chosen.
The purpose of the article is to investigate the problems of further reform of the Ukrainian health care system.
Results.The process of decentralization and reform of the health care system is analyzed, which showed that the problems of further reform of the Ukrainian health care system are complex and require radical reform to the requirements of today. The first stage of medical reform is studied. Positive changes in the reform and negative consequences, such as lack of resources and their irrational use, have been identified. The problems of further reform of the Ukrainian health care system, which are comprehensive in nature, have been revealed and recommendations have been formulated for improving the work of the industry: the introduction of a system of compulsory state health insurance; to implement the mechanism of structural restructuring of the medical care system; to create a modern information support system; develop and implement mechanisms to ensure and control the quality of medical care; to create consultative-diagnostic specialized medical centers; agree on plans to approve special programs on treatment and prevention; introduce a form of unified medical reporting for all medical institutions; to improve the regulatory framework in the country; increase funding for infrastructure projects; to introduce a system of staff training at the expense of the state, etc.
Conclusions. Public health policy, in order to improve the work of the industry, should solve the main task – to improve the system and ensure coordination of joint actions and sectors of public activity, public and private structures and citizens.
Keywords: state policy, health protection, reform of the health protection system, medical space.
1. Knyazevych, V. M., Radysh, Ya. F., Vasyuk, N. O. (2015). «State policy of Ukraine in the field of health care as an organizational and normative system of government actions and management decisions». Investytsiyi: praktyka ta dosvid. no. 7. Available at: http://www.investplan.com.ua/pdf/7_2015/23.pdf.
2. Derzhavna polityka u sferi okhorony zdorovia. (2013). [State policy in the field of health care]. In Bilynska, M. M., Rada, Ya. F. (ed). NAFPA. Кiev. Ukraine.
3. Knyazevych, V. M. (2008). «The medical industry needs systemic change». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ spivrobitnykiv NMAPO im. P.L. Shupyka. pp. 5-7.
4. Hladun, Z. S. (2005). Derzhavna polityka okhorony zdorovia v Ukraini (administratyvno-pravovi problemy formuvannia i realizatsii). [State health policy in Ukraine (administrative and legal problems of formation and implementation)]. Economic Thought. Ternopil. Ukraine.
5. Knyazevych, V. M., Avramenko, T. P. (2015). «State health policy in Ukraine: prospects for development in the context of systemic change». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ Natsional’noyi akademiyi derzhavnoho upravlinnya pry Prezydentovi Ukrayiny. no. 1 (15), pp. 164-179.
6. Konstytutsiia Ukrainy. (2020). [The Constitution of Ukraine]. Dated January 02, 2020. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-% D0% B2% D1% 80.
7. Reformuvannya medytsyny v umovakh detsentralizatsiyi. [Reforming medicine in a decentralized environment]. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://decentralization.gov.ua/health.
8. Decentralization. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://decentralization.gov.ua.
9. Etapy vprovadzhennia reformy finansuvannia systemy okhorony zdorovia zakladamy PMD. (2018). [Stages of implementation of the reform of health care financing by PHC institutions in 2018]. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://decentralization.gov.ua/uploads/library/file/311/USAID_2018_interactiv_1.pdf.
10. Reforma finansuvannya systemy okhorony zdorov”ya. [Health care financing reform]. Веб-сайт. Available at: http://healthreform.in.ua.
11. Zvit natsional’noyi sluzhby zdorov”ya za 2018 rik. (2018). [Report of the National Health Service for 2018]. Available at: https://nszu.gov.ua/storage/files/zvit-2019_1586443884.pdf?1594502717.
12. Prohres reformuvannya finansuvannya okhorony zdorov”ya v Ukrayini: otsinka VOOZ ta Svitovoho banku [Progress in health care financing reform in Ukraine: WHO and World Bank assessment]. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.apteka.ua/article/533057.
The article was received 14.03.2020