JEL classification: O13
Introduction. Today, the country is in energy import dependence, so there is a sharp problem of reorientation of needs and proposals related to the country’s energy development. Despite the significant contribution of scientists to the development of theoretical and practical aspects of the introduction of renewable energy sources in Ukraine, a number of problems remain unresolved, in particular, in terms of benefits and prospects for the use of alternative energy sources in Ukraine.
The purpose of this article is to determine the prospects and positive impact of the use of renewable energy sources in Ukraine.
Results. The world is experiencing a rapid development of renewable energy, which is associated with the depletion of traditional energy resources, growing negative impact of energy on the environment, rising prices for traditional energy resources, as well as the desire of countries around the world for energy security and independence. Given Ukraine’s growing energy dependence on Russian energy supplies and the constant rise in energy prices, the developing energy-intensive national economy suffers significant losses, leading to lower production and slowing down socio-economic development. Therefore, the issue of reducing energy dependence through the formation of an effective program of energy conservation and development of alternative energy in Ukraine should be considered as strategically important and in need of urgent solution. The main and most effective areas of renewable energy in Ukraine are wind energy, solar energy, bioenergy, hydropower, geothermal energy.
Conclusions. The main modern views on the definition of “renewable energy sources” are studied. The energy strategy of Ukraine until 2035 is analyzed. The main advantages of renewable energy and its positive impact on the environment are identified. The most powerful solar power plants and wind power plants in Ukraine are listed. It is concluded that the use of renewable energy sources is environmentally friendly, modern, safe and resource efficient.
Key words: renewable energy sources, solar energy, wind energy, biofuel, hydropower.
- Klimenko, L. P. (2007). Sistemi tehnologij. [Systems of technologies]. MDHU im. Petra Mohyly. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Borodina, O. (2008). «Reproductive energy – prospects for agriculture». Propozytsiia. No 10, pp. 90–94.
- Baranovs’ka, V. Ye. (2013). Nastanova schodo zastosuvannia zelenykh zakupivel’ v derzhavnomu ta pryvatnomu sektorakh ekonomiky. [Guidelines for the use of green procurement in the public and private sectors of the economy] / Baranovs’ka, V. Ye., Berzina, S. V., Bohdan, O. D., Voznyj, O. I., Kamasa, M. Yu., Potapenko, V. H., Savyts’kyj, V. V., Sheremet’ieva, L. A., Yares’kovs’ka, I. I. Vyd-vo «Interservis». Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Energetichna strategiya Ukrayini na period do 2035 r. [Energy Strategy of Ukraine for the period up to 2035]. Approved by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 18.08.2017 № 605-r. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/605-2017-р#Text
- Lagodiienko, V.V. (2014) Suchasnij rozvitok regionalnogo elektroenergetichnogo kompleksu. [Modern development of the regional electric power complex]. Efekty`vna ekonomika. [Effective economy]. (electronic journal). no. 12. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4814
- Lagodiyenko, V.V., Lagodiienko, N.V. (2019). «Modeling of assessment of innovative capacity of industrial enterprises». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ «Finansovo-kredytna diial’nist’: problemy teorii ta praktyky». Web of Science. №1 (28), pp. 280-289.
- Lebedeva, V., Dobrianska, N., Gromova, L. (2018). «Public-private partnership as the leadership composition of the development of industrial production». Atlantis Press. 2nd International Conference on Social, economic, and academic leadership (ICSEAL 2018). Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research. Volume 217. pp. 78-86.
- Bondarenko, S., Verbivska, L., Dobrianska, N., Iefimova, G., Pavlova, V., Mamrotska, O. (2019). Management of Enterprise Innovation Costs to Ensure Economic Security. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE). 2019. Volume-8. Issue-3. September, pp. 5609-5613.
- Sirotyuk, S. (2015). Doslidzhennya energetichnogo potencialu biomasi APK Lvivshini. [Research of energy potential of biomass of agro-industrial complex of Lviv region]. Unconventional and renewable energy sources as alternatives to primary: materials of the Eighth International. scientific and practical conference. (Lviv, 2015). P. 103.
- Vozniuk, M. A. (2015). Rehional’na investytsijna polityka enerhozberezhennia. [Regional investment policy of energy saving]. NAN Ukrainy, DU “In-t rehion. doslidzh. im. M. I. Dolishn’oho”. In-t rehion. doslidzh. im. M. I. Dolishn’oho. L’viv. Ukraine.
- Shevcov, A. Netradicijni ta vidnovlyuvani dzherela energiyi v Ukrayini u svitli novih yevropejskih iniciativ. [Unconventional and renewable energy sources in Ukraine in the light of new European initiatives]. Available at: http://old.niss.gov.ua/Monitor/november08/2.htm
- Oficijnij sajt Grupi kompanij Ecodevelop. [Official site of the Ecodevelop Group of Companies] [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://ecodevelop.ua/alternativni-dzherela-energiyi/
- Suchasnij stan vidnovlyuvanoyi energetiki v Ukrayini. [The current state of renewable energy in Ukraine]. URL: http://www.saee.gov.ua/uk.
- Petruk, V.G. (2014). Analiz suchasnogo stanu alternativnoyi energetiki ta rekomendaciyi po ekologizaciyi palivno-energetichnogo kompleksu Ukrayini. [Analysis of the current state of alternative energy and recommendations for the greening of the fuel and energy complex of Ukraine]. Proceedings of the II All-Ukrainian Congress of Ecologists with International Participation (Vinnytsia, 2014). P. 120.
The article was received 11.03.2020