JEL classification: J21
Introduction. It is outlined in the article that on the way of Ukraine’s accession to the globalized economic space the issues of regulated changes in the youth labor market become especially relevant.
The purpose of the study is to substantiate the theoretical and methodological provisions of the development of productive economic activity of youth, study the state, patterns, prospects of youth employment in the national and regional labor market and develop practical recommendations for improving the organizational and economic mechanism of its regulation.
Results. The analysis of factors of employment of youth allows to draw a conclusion that youth labor resources in Ukraine possess necessary set of competitive advantages, in particular: a sufficient level of education and qualification; the presence of labor traditions that contribute to the creative nature of work; developed sense of justice and teamwork skills; tendency to self-realization of the individual in the interests of the team; availability of powerful scientific potential and unique advanced technologies, etc. The current segment of youth employment in Ukraine is characterized by a number of problems, in particular: low level of economic activity of the youngest age group; high unemployment rate, which decreases in older age groups of young people; structural imbalance between labor supply and demand; a significant level of informal employment; involvement of young people in unstable precarious work; youth work in the specialty of lower qualification in comparison with the received education; low awareness of applicants about the demand for vacancies in both regional and national labor markets, etc.
Conclusions. In Ukraine, the problem of youth employment can be solved only through targeted systematic and coordinated action through the development of social stability and protection of youth, as the labor market situation needs to adjust employment policy, revise and refine the legal framework, timely funding of state employment programs, developing a system of incentives and benefits for regions with low youth unemployment.
Key words: youth, youth labor market, employment, economic activity, labor force, state regulation, unemployment.
- Batyuk,A. (2018). Derzhavne rehuliuvannia molodizhnoho rynku pratsi v Ukraini. [State regulation of the youth labor market in Ukraine]. Abstract of Ph.D. 25.00.02. Kharkiv.
- Yanishevskaya, A.V. (2014). «Analysis of the state of the labor market and youth employment in Ukraine». Ekonomika: realii chasu. № 3 (13). pp. 147-155.
- Lagodiienko,V., Andrusiv, U.Y. (2018). «Regional economic policy in the conditions of disproportion: ways of minimization». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Volume 3. № 2, pp. 81–89.
- Lagodiienko,V., Lagodiienko, N.V. (2019). «Depopulation of rural areas and motivation of employees in the field of agricultural production in Ukraine». Business Navigator. №5-1 (54), pp. 54-62.
- Abashyna, V. Increasing the level of youth employment in the regional labor market. Available at: http//www.nbuv.gov.ua
- Bolʹshaya, O.V. (2012). «The problem of youth employment in the labor market of Ukraine». Ekonomika i rehion. PoltNTU. № 2 (33), рр. 114-118.
- Skupskyi,M., Melnychuk, L.S., Shcherbata, M.Y. (2017). Methodological aspects of labor potential use and regional demographic problems: Scientific bulletin of Polissia. Chernihiv: ChNUT. № 1 (9), рр. 103-109.
- Pro zatverdzhennya Osnovnykh napryamiv realizatsiyi derzhavnoyi polityky zaynyatosti na 2010-2011 roky. [“On approval of the Main directions of implementation of the state employment policy for 2010-2011”]. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 8, 2010. №831. Available at: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/831-2010-%D0%BF.
- Dudin,, Tkalich, O. Work instead of youth: threats to youth in the labor market. Available at: https://commons.com.ua/en/pratsya-zamist-molodosti-zagrozi-dlya-molodi-na-rinku-pratsi/.
- Mudrak, R., Nyzhnyk, I., Lagodiienko, V., Lagodiienko, N. (2019). Impact of Seasonal Production on the Dynamics of Prices for Meat and Dairy Products in Ukraine. TEM Journal. Volume 8, Issue 4, Pages 1159-1168. DOI: 10.18421/TEM84-08.
- Yatsenko, L.D. (2019). «Problems of youth employment in Ukraine and ways to overcome them». Natsionalʹnyy instytut stratehichnykh doslidzhenʹ. Available at: https://niss.gov.ua/sites/default/files/2019-8F.pdf.
The article was received 05.07.2020