JEL classification: A22; I25
The article analyzes the problems that arise when teaching students of economic specialties, in particular: limited lexical components, ignorance of professional terminology, lack of communication skills, psychological and communicative barriers. Violation of the norms of the Ukrainian language use is outlined. The theoretical basis was the work of linguistic didactics, who emphasized that business language is a dynamic phenomenon that a specialist must constantly study, while researching and improving their own competencies. It is noted that the program in the discipline “Ukrainian for professional purposes” should acquaint students with the basics of professional language culture, the specifics of oral and written modern literary language, direct to study the terminology of the chosen specialty, develop skills in modern documentation and motivate to improve language and speech competencies. A list of tasks that can be used during practical classes to avoid errors is identified. Such tasks included: memorizing the correct accents of both professional terms and words of common vocabulary; work with texts, namely: elimination of lexical errors by choosing the right option; correction of spelling errors in the given texts; placement of missing punctuation marks in texts of official business, journalistic and scientific styles and their fragments; selection of Ukrainian equivalents to words of foreign origin; determining the correct endings in the genitive case of nouns; ability to translate narrow and interdisciplinary terminology into Ukrainian; preparation of professional documents. An important stage of language training of specialists in economic specialties is the knowledge and observance of the modern Ukrainian literary language norms in both oral and written speech. It is also pointed out that students should be aware that studying the state language is closely related to their personality and interests, and not to the methods and teaching aids used by the teacher.
Keywords: norms of modern literary language, oral professional speech, professional culture, culture of professional speech, language training of students, teaching aids.
- Kretova, O. I. (2003). «The problem of professional speech of a social worker in the context of his professionalism». Aktual’ni problemy profesijnoi pidhotovky fakhivtsiv sotsial’noi roboty v Ukraini i za rubezhem [Actual problems of professional training of social work specialists in Ukraine and abroad]. Proceeding of intern. scientific-practical Conf, May 5-6, 2003. Uzhhorod: Art Line, 2003. pp. 168-171.
- Mats’ko, L. I., Kravets’, L. V. (2007). Kul’tura ukrains’koi fakhovoi movy. [Culture of the Ukrainian professional language]. VTs «Akademiia». Кyiv. Ukraine.
- Ohiienko, I. (2010). Nahliadna tablytsia mylozvuchnosti ukrains’koi movy: Dlia shkoly i samonavchannia. Ridna mova. [Visual table of melodiousness of the Ukrainian language: For school and self-study. Native language]. Nasha kul’tura i nauka. Кyiv. Ukraine.
- Shahnarovich A. M., Grafova T. A. (1991). Jeksperimental’noe issledovanie realizacii jemotivnosti v rechevoj dejatel’nosti. Chelovecheskij faktor v jazyke: Jazykovye mehanizmy jekspressivnosti. [Experimental study of the realization of emotionality in speech activity. The human factor in language: Linguistic mechanisms of expressiveness]. Nauka, рр. 99-114.
- Tots’ka, N. (2003). «Means of melodiousness of the Ukrainian language». Urok ukrains’koi. № 10, рр. 29-32.
- Derzhavna natsional’na prohrama «Osvita»: Ukraina KhKh1 stolittia. (1994). [State National Program “Education”: Ukraine of the XXI century].
- Zahal’noievropejs’ki Rekomendatsii z movnoi osvity: vyvchennia, vykladannia, otsiniuvannia. (2003). [Pan-European Recommendations on Language Education: Study, Teaching, Assessment]. Nikolaieva, S. Yu. (ed.). Lenvit. Кyiv. Ukraine.
- Serhieieva, L. M. (1998). «Development of communicative culture in lessons of basics of management in higher vocational school». Profesijna osvita: teoriia i praktyka. Kharkiv, № 1-2 (7-8), рр. 92-100.
- Sahach, H. (1998). «Formation of the spiritual and intellectual personality of students of the humanities by means of eloquence». Pedahohika i psykholohiia profesijnoi osvity. L’viv, № 4, рр. 77-86.
- Semenoh, O.M. (2015). Profesijna komunikatyvna pidhotovka majbutnikh iurystiv: teoriia i praktyka. [Professional communicative training of future lawyers: theory and practice]. Published by Sumy State Pedagogical University. A.S. Makarenko. Sumy. Ukraine.
- Serbens’ka, O. A. (2004). Kul’tura usnoho movlennia: praktykum. [Culture of oral speech: workshop]. Tsentr navchal’noi literatury. Кyiv. Ukraine.
- Ponomariv, O. (1999). Kul’tura slova: movnostylistychni porady. [Culture of the word: linguistic and stylistic advice]. Lybid’. Кyiv. Ukraine.
The article was received 21.10.2021