JEL classification: Q13; L13; L20
The article is devoted to determining the energy and economic efficiency of biofuel production from by-products of crop production. The following methods were used in the research process: monographic (in studying the economic and energy efficiency of plant biomass production in agricultural enterprises); statistical and economic (estimation of potential efficiency of crop production by-products); comparative analysis (when analyzing the economic efficiency of biomass production depending on crops); energy analysis (energy assessment of crop by-products potential of fields). The yield of basic products was determined by recalculating the yield of each crop to standard humidity and purity. The output of the by-products was established using special methods – a generalized assessment of the technically achievable energy potential of biomass and the methods of calculating the available potential of agro-raw materials.
According to the results of the study, the yield level of the main products was analyzed, the economic efficiency of the production of by-products was determined, taking into account the crop residues (straw, stems) of winter wheat, corn, soybeans and sunflowers in the conditions of agricultural enterprises of the Myrhorod district of Poltava region. The amount of energy gain to generate heat is calculated depending on the plant biomass when used as biofuel feedstock. The available crop by-product potential of the crop production was evaluated, followed by the determination of the energy and economic efficiency of biomass. The potential of non-market crop production of winter wheat, soybean, corn and sunflower as alternative fuel and a basis for increasing the profitability of agricultural production has been determined which in the aggregate effect – attests to their profitability.
Keywords: main products; by-products; economic efficiency; energy potential.
- Vyrobnytstvo silskohospodarskoi produktsii v Ukraini ta yii sobivartist i dokhidnist v silskohospodarskykh pidpryiemstvakh (rozrakhunkova za 2014 r. i prohnoz na 2015 r.). [Agricultural production in Ukraine and its cost and profitability in agricultural enterprises (estimated for 2014 and forecast for 2015)]. (2015). / Lupenko, O., Mesel-Veseliak, V. Ya., Hryshchenko, O. Yu. and in. / In. Lupenka, Yu. O., Mesel-Veseliaka, V. Ya. (ed.). NNTs «IAE». Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Biopalyva, tekhnolohii, mashyny i obladnannia. [Biofuels, technology, machinery and equipment]. (2004). Dubrovin,O., Korchemnyi, M.O., Maslo, I.P. and other. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Heletukha, H., Zheleznaia, T. A. (2006). «Analysis of the main provisions of the Energy Strategy of Ukraine for the period up to 2030». Promyshlennaja tehnika. №5. Vol. 28, pp. 82–92.
- Pro al’ternatyvni dzherela enerhii: Zakon Ukrainy. [On alternative energy sources: Law of Ukraine]. Dated02.2003 №555-IV. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/card/555-15.6
- Kalinichenko, O. V. (2018). Jenergeticheskaja ocenka sel’skohozjajstvennogo proizvodstva. [Energy estimation of agricultural production]. Proceedings of Innovacionnoe i predprinimatel’skoe razvitie nacional’noj jekonomiki v uslovijah globalizacii : monografіja. [Innovative and entrepreneurial development of the national economy in the conditions of globalization: monograph]. In Madijarovoj, M., Ryspekovoj, M. O. (ed.). Astana: Evrazijskij nacional’nyj universitet im. L. N. Gumileva, pp. 261–269.
- Nakashydze, V., Hilorme, T. V. (2016). «Research of models of introduction of technologies of use of alternative energy sources». Visnyk Khmelnytskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: Tekhnichni nauky. № 3(237), рр. 195–202.
- Kalinichenko, А., Kalinichenko, О., Kulyk, М. (2017). Assessment of available potential of agro-biomass and energy crops phytomass for biofuel production in Ukraine. Odnawialne źródła energii: teoria i praktyka. Monograph; pod red. I. Pietkun-Greber i P. Ratusznego, Uniwersytet Opolski : Opole, Kijów, ( ІІ): 163–179.
- Morozov, V., Fedorchuk, Ye. M. (2015). «Estimation of bioenergy potential of crop outputs and energy crops in agriculture». Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu,. Issue 10. Part 3, pp. 111–117.
- «Ukraine’s energy strategy for the period until 2030». Informatsiino–analitychnyi biuleten «Vidomosti Ministerstva palyva ta enerhetyky Ukrainy». Spetsialnyi vypusk. (2006). 113 s. Available at: https://de.com.ua/uploads/0/1703-EnergyStratagy2030.pdf
- Kolosova, E. (2016). «Legal means of stimulating the development of renewable energy sources as one of the priority areas of horizontal state aid in Ukraine». Ekonomika ta pravo. № 1(43), рр. 67–71.
- Kuznetsov, M. P. (2016). «Some possibilities of autonomous work of wind and solar power plants». Vidnovliuvana enerhetyka. № 2, рр. 15–21.
The article was received 21.09.2019