JEL classification: H20
Introduction. The article considers the state of planning in the system of tax administration at the macro level, substantiation of the need for its improvement. Tax planning is an integral part of the tax and budget process in developed countries, on the basis of which the necessary political, financial and socio-economic decisions are made. The relevance of the chosen research topic is determined by the fact that for effective administration a mandatory component is planning,
which is currently absent in the administration system. The presence or absence of current tax planning in Ukraine may be the subject of discussion, as there are tax plans at the macro level. The author’s position is that the existing tax plans are formed “from what has been achieved”, so, the actual amount of tax revenues last year is adjusted and defined as a tax plan. The taxpayer is often unable to conduct its business effectively and curtail it or relocate its assets to another country, where the interaction with the state tax authorities is more predictable and, accordingly, stable. All this has an extremely negative impact on the general socio-economic situation in the country. The article substantiates that without planning tax revenues on a modern methodological basis and in a strategic perspective, the state tax service is objectively unable to determine its goals and activities, to be effective. Planning is exactly the type of management activity that determines the future of the state tax service, sources and amount of tax fees, the size of the revenue of the state budget, ways and means of achieving goals in the field of tax administration. Therefore, tax planning will also ensure the preventive nature of the tax administration system, because the problems will be clear to all participants in the planning process at the planning stage, which avoids their occurrence in the tax payment process. For implementing the proposals, the article proposes to amend the current regulatory framework, create specialized units in the system of the State Fiscal Service and to form procedures for coordinating taxpayers’ plans with tax planning at the macro level.
Keywords: taxes, planning, forecasting, strategy, administration.
- Bechko,K., Barabash, L.V., Lysa, N.V. (2019). «Tax benefits as a tool for implementing the concept of fairness in taxation». Modern Economics. no. 13. pp.18-24. Available at: https://modecon.mnau.edu.ua/tax-benefins-as-a-tool/.
- Dieieva,M. (2009). Opodatkuvannia v Ukraini. [Taxation in Ukraine]. Tsentr uchbovoi literatury. Кiev. Ukraine.
- Yeliseev, A.V. (2003). Podatky ta podatkove planuvannia pidpryiemnytskoi diialnosti. [Taxes and tax planning of business activity]. Tsentr Biznes-Servisu. Lviv.
- Pidluzhnyi, (2010). «Long-term contract as a means of tax optimization». Podatkove planuvannia. 2010. no. 4. pp. 31-33.
- Poddierohin,M. (2006). Finansy pidpryiemstv. [Enterprise finance]. KNEU. Кiev. Ukraine.
- Proskura, K.P. (2012). Osoblyvosti administruvannia podatkiv v Ukraini. [Features of tax administration in Ukraine]. Available at: http:// soskin.info/ea/2012/3-4/201221.html.
- Paslavska, (2014). «The main directions of reforming the domestic system of tax administration». Formuvannia rynkovoi ekonomiky v Ukraini: naukovyi zbirnyk. issue. 31. vol. 2. pp. 135-140.
- Podatkovyi kodeks Ukrainy. (2010). [Tax Code of Ukraine]. 2755-VI dated 02.12.2010. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/zl1562-11.
- Pro Derzhavnu fiskalnu sluzhbu Ukrainy: Postanova Kabinetu ministriv Ukrainy (2014). [About the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine] No. 236 dated05.2014. Available at: http://sfs.gov.ua/diyalnist-/zakonodavstvo-pro-diyalnis/postanovi-km-ukraini/63237.html.
- Sait Derzhavnoi fiskalnoi sluzhby Ukrainy [Website of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine]. Available at: http://sfs.gov.ua/pro-sfs-ukraini/struktura-/aparat-2021/upravlinnya-analitichnoi-roboti–progno.
- Shavlo, I.A. Osnovni napriamy vdoskonalennia systemy administruvannia podatkiv v Ukraini [The main directions of improving the system of tax administration in Ukraine]. Available at: https://www.ndifp.com/1129/.
- Boyle, P. (1981). Planning better programs. McGraw-Hill. New York.
- Metodolohiia planuvannia rehionalnoho rozvytku v Ukraini. Instrument dlia rozrobky stratehii rehionalnoho rozvytku i planiv yikh realizatsii. Proiekt Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu (2014). [Methodology of regional development planning in Ukraine. A tool for developing regional development strategies and plans for their implementation: European Union project]. Available at: https://cg.gov.ua/web_docs/1/2014/11/docs/Methodology_of_RD_planning.pdf.
- Lagodiienko, V.V., Dovgal, O.V. (2018). «Factors of economic growth of regions in the conditions of disproportion». Aktual’ni problemy innovatsijnoi ekonomiky. 3. pp. 15-21.
The article was received 15.01.2021