JEL classification: L2
Introduction. The dynamics of environmental factors in the current processes of reformatting the global economic space highlights the need to adjust the methodological framework and tools of enterprise management.
The purpose of the article is defined as the implementation of a scientific revision of existing concepts of strategic management, development based on a combination of historical and logical methods of strategic management paradigm, adapted to modern business conditions.
Results. The study was based on the hypothesis that referring to the history of strategic management theory would identify the most relevant aspects of management in relation to the realities and features of the market mechanism at different stages of its evolution as a complex system that is nonlinear.
The search for sources of elements of this paradigm led to the consideration of the processes of origin and development of scientific interest in the category of “strategy”. The essence of the rational approach in the theory of strategic management, and also directions of its criticism on personalities are outlined. The conditions of shifting the emphasis from meaningful understanding of strategy in a realistic approach to procedural, the feature of which is the approach to strategy formation based on traditional skills, dedication, improvement through the development of details, based on existing practical experience. The stages of evolution of strategic management theories, such as the school of competitive advantage, resource-oriented approach, entrepreneurial, cognitive, school of learning, school of power, cultural, environmental and school of configuration are considered.
Conclusions. Retrospective analysis led to the conclusion that the evolution of the vision of strategy went from simple to complex, from predictable to unpredictable, from clear algorithms to creative approaches. It is noted that despite the heredity of schools or complete abandonment of experience gained in the formation of strategy, it is advisable to rely on all the baggage of experience, using the best tools, organized in their own methodological approach.
Key words: strategy, strategic management, enterprise management, enterprise.
- Dzebih, I. V. Strategichnij kontekst antikrizovogo regulyuvannya. [Strategic context of anti-crisis regulation] Available at: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/197226081.pdf
- Faulkner, D. O. (2006). The Oxford Handbook of Strategy: A Strategy Overview and Competitive Strategy. Harvard University Press. Harvard. USA.
- Stacey, R. (1996). Strategic Management and Organizational Dynamics. Pitman. London. Great Britain.
- Waldrop, M. (1993). Complexity: the emerging science at the edge of order and chaos. 1st edition. Simon and Schuster. New York. USA.
- Pascale, R. T. (1990). Managing on the Edge. Penguin. London. Great Britain.
- Chandler, A. (1988). Strategiya i struktura. [Strategy and structure]. Mir. M Russia.
- Montgomery, Cynthia A. (1991). Strategy: Seeking and Securing Competitive Advantage. Harvard Business School Publishing Division. Boston. USA.
- Ansoff, (1999). Novaya korporativnaya strategiya. [New corporate strategy]. Piter Kom. SPb. Russia.
- Cyert, R. A. (1963) Behavioral theory of the firm. NJ: Prentice-Hall. Englewood Cliffs. USA.
- Lindblom, C. F. (1959). “The Science of Muddling Through”. Public Administration Review. no. 19, pp. 79−88.
- Burns, T. (1961). The Management of Innovation. Tavistock. London. Great Britain.
- Lippman, S. A. (1982). “Uncertain Instability: An Analysis of Interfirm Differences in Efficiency under Competition”. Bell Journal of Economics. no. 13/2, pp. 418−438.
- Polanyi, M. (1962). Personal Knowledge: Towards a Post-Critical Philosophy. Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd. London. Great Britain.
- Nelson, R. R. (1982). An Evolutionary Theory of Economic Change. The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press. Cambridge Massachusetts And London. England.
The article was received 28.03.2020