JEL classification: Q01, Q15, Q57
Introduction. Environment pollution with its negative impact on agricultural production has exacerbated the problems of providing Ukrainian citizens with quality and safe food products. Therefore, agricultural enterprises management in management decisions tries to use information about the pollution presence as an additional factor in the formation of their own competitive advantages. By focusing on environmental activities, they both solve problems with the formation of high demand for their own environmentally friendly or organic products and ensure the growth of sales revenue. Development of the domestic organic market, the formation of the mechanism of its regulation basis on legal, economic, and administrative methods, the environmental organization’s activities encourage industrial enterprises to intensify environmental activities.
The purpose of the article is to reflect study results by identification of environmental activities promising areas of agricultural enterprises and justify introducing organic production technologies feasibility. Methods that were used in the study: the abstract logic, monographic, empirical method of comparative analysis.
Results. The concept essence of “environmental activity” is investigated and its features at the present stage are defined. The introduction expediency of organic technologies as one of the nature protection activity directions in agricultural production is substantiated. The legal regulation system of organic production and the basic Ukrainian laws are characterized, proved the need of taking into account the experience of other countries, the largest producers of organic products.
Conclusions. It is established that the impact of organic production on the agricultural enterprise can be considered as indirect, but a promising area of environmental protection, which allows to abandon or minimize the chemicals for plant protection and nutrition use, significantly reduce the anthropogenic load on the environment and increase the production competitiveness.
Key words: nature protection activity, competitiveness, organic production, regulation, agricultural production, natural resources.
- Jarova L.V. (2009). «Nature protection activity: theory and methodology implementation questions». Produktivni sili Ukraini. No 1, pp. 73-82
- Ychmeneva V.M., Svyatoho N.V. (2009). «Environmental activity and competitive advantages of industrial enterprises». Business Inform. No 12(1), pp. 155-157.
- Broniewicz E. Environmental Management in Practice. Publisher: InTech. 2011. 488 p.
- Samoluk V.I. (2002). Reguluvania prirodoohoronoy dialnistu v regioni na osnovi sistemnoi osinki ii syntysivnosti. [Regulation of environmental activities in the region based on a systematic assessment of its intensity]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 08.08.01. Ukrainskii derjavnii lisotehnichnii universitet. Ukraine.
- Osnovi ekologii ta ohoroni navkolishnogo prirodnogo seredovisha. Ekologiata ohorona prirodi (2004). [Fundamentals of ecology and environmental protection. Ecology and nature protection]. Jigirei, V.C., Storojuk, V.M., Yatsuk, R.A. Ministerstvo osviti i nauki Ukraini. 2nd Afisha. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Berus, R.M., Antonuk, G.Ya. (2004). «Organic market in Ukraine: Problems and Prospects». Ekonomika APK. No 6, pp. 47-52.
- Maslak, O.M. (2011). Rinok organiki v Ukrayini: stan ta perspektivi [Organic market in Ukraine: state and prospects]. Веб-сайт. Available at: http://www.agrobusiness.com.ua/component/content/article/
- Shlapak, V.O. (2013). Ryinok organicheskoy produktsii i perspektivyi ego razvitiya v Ukraine. [The market for organic products and the prospects of its development in Ukraine]. Веб-сайт. Available at: http://agrocart.com/2918/rynok-organicheskoj-produkcii-i-perspektivyego-razvitiya-v-ukraine
- Levkina, R.V. (2016). «World progress of organic agriculture trends». Visnik Kharkivskogo nasionalnogo tehnichnogo universitetu silskogo gospodarstva imeni Petra Vasilenka. Issue172, pp. 8-17.
- Levkina R.V. (2014). Stratehichne upravlinnia vyrobnychoiu diial’nistiu pidpryiemstv ovochivnytstva: teoriia, metodolohiia, praktyka. [Strategic management of vegetable enterprises production activities: theory, methodology, practice]. Hryn’. Kherson. Ukraine.
- Pisarenko, V.M., Antones, V.V., Pisarenko, P.V. Luk`ynenko, G.V. (2016). Sistema organichnogo zemlerobstva agroekologia S.S. Antonsa. [The system of organic farming agroecologist SS Anton]. Naukovo-vyrobnyche vydannia. Hromads’ka spilka «Poltavs’ke tovarystvo sil’s’koho hospodarstva». Poltava. Ukraine.
- Sergienko, V.G. Zasobi zahistu dla organichnogo biroshuvania: yaki dozvoleni spesialnim reglamentom ES? [Organic farming remedies: what are allowed by special EU regulations?]. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:31991R2092&from=EN
- Larisa, G. (2020). Shlahi ekologizasii virobnistva “Aktualni problemi ta perspektivi agro- ta elektroenjinerii”. [Production greening ways “Actual problems and prospects of agro- and electrical engineering”]. FOP Palyanytsya V.A. Ternopil. Ukraine.
- Anne Baley What Are Organic Fertilizers: Different Types Of Organic Fertilizer For Gardens. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/types-of-organic-fertilizer.htm.
The article was received 13.10.2020