JEL classification: G18, H30, H51, H61, I00
Introduction. The priority area of sports and health should be aimed at consolidating the nation’s efforts in the struggle for a healthy future, steady perception of traditional sports and physical activity, and a healthy lifestyle. Actions aimed at implementing the priority area of sports and health should be accompanied by public awareness of the undeniable need for physical activity as the basis of a healthy lifestyle. The state must provide the necessary conditions (including regulatory, material, and methodological support) for citizens’ systematic sports and recreation activities, taking into account their individual needs and interests.
The purpose of the article is to study the national trends of demographic processes regarding sports and health management tasks in Ukraine.
Results. The priority direction of the sports and health sphere has been determined, which should be aimed at consolidating the efforts of the whole nation in the struggle for a healthy future, establishing the perception of traditional sports and physical activity, and promoting a healthy lifestyle. The tasks of sports and health management are revealed: assistance to the state policy in sports and health activities, planning, organization, and control. The main strategic goals of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine are revealed. It is noted that to fulfill the strategic purpose of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, namely, increasing the population’s life expectancy, which primarily depends on the development of physical culture and sports, requires using indicators based on demographic statistics. It is emphasized that in the direction of increasing the life expectancy of the population of Ukraine, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine envisages achieving a 5% reduction in the mortality rate and a 5% increase in the life expectancy rate. The survey of households in 2020 in Ukraine showed that 50.5% of the population considered their health to be good, 39.7% – satisfactory, and 9.8% – bad.
Conclusions. The study showed that the permanent population of Ukraine had decreased significantly, while the structure of gender composition for 1991-2021 has not changed. Over the past thirty years, the country’s population has shrunk by almost 20 percent due to its significant mortality. It is emphasized that the nation’s health directly depends on the efficiency of the sports and health sphere. It is noted that this situation causes the state and trends of demographic processes in Ukraine to be of concern, outlined by several demographic problems. It is determined that the low level of accessibility of sports and health services in Ukraine is evidence of the need to update the issue of increasing the income level of citizens and financial support of this sector of the economy.
Keywords: sports and health-improving activity, demographic processes, demographic problems, management tasks, Ministry of Health of Ukraine
- Polozhennja pro Vseukrai’ns’kyj centr fizychnogo zdorov’ja naselennja “Sport dlja vsih” [Regulations on the All-Ukrainian Center for Physical Health “Sports for All”], available at: https://bit.ly/3h2XOWB.
- Ministerstvo ohorony zdorov’ja Ukrai’ny [Ministry of Health of Ukraine] Strategichni cili KRI MOZ Ukrai’ny 2019-2024. [Strategic goals of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine 2019-2024], available at: https://bit.ly/3JJf4ML.
- Statystychnyj zbirnyk «Samoocinka naselennjam stanu zdorov’ja ta rivnja dostupnosti okremyh vydiv medychnoi’ dopomogy u 2020 roci» [Statistical collection “Self-assessment of the population’s health status and the level of availability of certain types of medical care in 2020”], available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2021/zb/03/zb_snsz_20.pdf.
- Rozvytok sportu v OTG jak investycija. [Development of sports in OTG as an investment], available at: https://decentralization.gov.ua/news/7911.
- Tretyakov, M.O., Lapichak, I.E. (2004), Stan profesijnyh znan’ i vmin’ studentiv vyshhyh navchal’nyh zakladiv fizkul’turnogo profilju. [The state of professional knowledge and skills of students of higher educational institutions of physical culture], [Theory and practice of physical education], vol. 2, Pp. 42-49.
- Kramar Al. (2019). Chomu demografichni vyklyky, jaki dedali vyraznishe postajut’ pered krai’noju, ne mensh nebezpechni, nizh ekonomichni chy politychni. [Why the demographic challenges facing the country are no less dangerous than the economic or political ones]. Week.ua, available at: https://tyzhden.ua/Economics/233708.
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystky Ukrai’ny [State Statistics Service of Ukraine], available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Oficijne internet-predstavnyctvo Prezydenta Ukrai’ny [Official Internet Representation of the President of Ukraine] Pro vprovadzhennja zahodiv dlja protydii’ vymyrannja naselennja ta dlja stymuljuvannja demografichnogo vidrodzhennja. Elektronni petycii’. [On the implementation of measures to combat population extinction and to stimulate demographic revival. Electronic petitions.], available at: https://petition.president.gov.ua/petition/87130
- Kramarenko, I. (2015), “Development of Educational and social Inclusion in Conditions of Social Transformation of Ukraine”, Bridges/Tiltai. vol 72., part 1, pp.83-89.
- Kramarenko, I. (2017), “Social-economic and intellectual development of Ukraine: Regional and national aspect”, Danish scientific journal,1, pp.20-28.
- Irtyshcheva, I., Stehnei, M., Popadynets, N., Bogatyrev, K., Boiko, Ye., Kramarenko, I., Senkevich, O., Hryshyna, N., Kozak, I., Ishchenko, O. (2021), “The effect of digital technology development on economic growth”, International Journal of Data and Network Science, 5, part 1. С.25-36.
- Melikh, O., Irtyshcheva, I., Bogatyrev, K. (2019), “Organizational and economic fundamentals of development of sports tourism in the system of management of sports and health activities”, Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 5, part 5, рр.79-83.
- Melikh, O., Bogatyrev, K., Irtyshcheva, I. (2019), “Conceptual approaches to the development of health-improving tourism”, Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 5, part 2, рр.131-136.
The article was received 25.03.2022