JEL classification: I19, M12, M
Introduction. The success of any organization depends on the level of its organizational culture. Healthcare institutions are no exception, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizational culture is influenced by many factors, but one of the most important components in the development of organizational culture is the staff motivation.
The purpose of the research is to analyze the relationship between the level of staff motivation and organizational culture of healthcare institutions.
Results. Healthcare institutions in Ukraine have specific features in the structure of their staff. The formation of staff is regulated at the legislative level. It was found out that the studied healthcare institutions have different structure by category, age and work experience. It is proved that the development of organizational culture depends on the level of staff motivation. The level of staff motivation in some healthcare institutions in Kharkiv has been determined. Based on the proposed approach, the level of staff motivation can be high, sufficient and low. Providing survey, the main motivators and demotivators in the work of the staff are formed. It was outlined that the main motivator is material reward. It includes salaries, regular bonuses, gifts, etc. The intangible aspects of motivation consist of good working conditions, the presence of a social package, a normal work / home ratio, respect and trust in the team, gratitude and fairness of the leader. Among the demotivators, unsatisfactory wages, unsatisfactory working conditions and a negative climate in the team were noted. For developing the organizational culture, healthcare institution should improve the motivation system based on the main motivators and by eliminating the negative influence of the demotivators.
Conclusions. Many factors influence the development of the organizational culture of healthcare institutions. Among them, staff motivation plays a significant role. Motivational measures should be based on certain motivators and demotivators of the staff of a particular healthcare institution.
Keywords: motivation, development of organizational culture, motivators, demotivators, level of motivation, healthcare institution.
- Bohatska, N. (2015). «Motivation as the main factor in improving work efficiency at an enterprise». Hlobal’ni ta natsional’ni problemy ekonomiky. Issue 3, 210–214.
- Vlasenko, S. and Charykova, Yu. V. (2017). «Personnel motivation in a crisis». Hlobal’ni ta natsional’ni problemy ekonomiky. Issue 17, pp. 224–229.
- Afshari, and Nasab, A. H., Dickson, G. (2020). «Organizational Culture, Social Capital, and Knowledge Management: An Integrated Model». International Journal of Knowledge Management. Vol. 16, Issue 2, pp. 52–66. https://doi.org/10.4018/IJKM.2020040104. Available at: https://www.igi-global.com/gateway/article/255132.
- Liubomudrova, P. (2015). «Organizational culture as a factor in forming the system of enterprise’s personnel motivation». Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. Issue 11, part 3, pp. 79–83.
- Muizu, W. O. Z., Sari D. (2019). «Improving employee performance through organizational culture, leadership, and work motivation: survey on banking organizations in Southeast Sulawesi». Jurnal Bisnis dan Manajemen. Vol. 20, Issue 1, 71–88. https://doi.org/10.24198/jbm.v20i1.266. Available at: https://doi.org/10.24198/jbm.v20i1.266.
- Prodius, O., Oleksiiev, M., (2015). «Personnel motivation is the main factor in increasing the efficiency of the enterprise». Scientific Bulletin of the Odessa National Economic University. Issue 12, 188–200. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nv_2015_12_17.
- Taslim, (2011) «Organisation culture and employee motivation: an empirical study on impact of organization culture on employee extrinsic & intrinsic motivation at SBI». Summer Internship Society. Vol. 3, Issue 1. Available at: http://www.publishingindia.com/GetBrochure.aspx?query=UERGQnJvY2h1cmVzfC83NzQucGRmfC83NzQucGRm.
- Kharchyshyna, V. (2008). «Organizational culture as a factor motivating the staff of the enterprise». Visnyk Derzhavnoho ahroekolohichnoho universytetu. Issue 1, pp. 226–235.
- Yusof, H. S. M., et al. (2017). «The relationship between organizational culture and employee motivation as moderated by work attitude». Journal of Administrative and Business Studies. 3(1), pp. 21–25. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.1.3. Available at: URL: https://tafpublications.com/platform/Articles/full-jabs3.1.3.php.
- Pro zatverdzhennia perelikiv zakladiv okhorony zdorov’ia, likars’kykh, provizors’kykh posad, posad molodshykh spetsialistiv z farmatsevtychnoiu osvitoiu, posad profesionaliv u haluzi okhorony zdorov’ia ta posad fakhivtsiv u haluzi okhorony zdorov’ia z u zakladakh okhorony zdorov’ia. Nakaz Ministerstva okhorony zdorov’ia Ukrainy. (2002). [About approval of lists of health care institutions, medical, pharmacist positions, positions of junior specialists with pharmaceutical education, positions of health care professionals and positions of health care specialists in health care institutions. Order of the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine]. No. 385/2002 dated October 28, 2002. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0892-02#Text.
- Seredn’omisiachna zarobitna plata za vydamy ekonomichnoi diial’nosti za period z pochatku roku. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. [Average monthly wages by type of economic activity for the period from the beginning of the year. State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2005/gdn/Zarp_ek_p/Zp_ek_p_u/arh_zpp_u.htm.
- Melnyk A. O. «The role of the motivational function in organizational culture». Suchasni problemy upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy: teoriia ta praktyka [Modern problems of enterprise management: theory and practice]. Proceeding of the Materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference (in the author’s edition). (Kharkiv, 29–30th March 2018). Kharkiv: Vydavnytstvo «NTMT», pp. 74–76.
The article was received 09.01.2021