Introduction. General provisions and conceptual regulation of the sustainable development concept are elaborated in detail in the declarations and reports of various international organizations. Main concept’s advantages are the possibility of coordinating the general development benchmarks with the specific existing and perspective conditions of the countries and regions (social, geopolitical, ecological, economic, historical, etc.). In this context, an urgent challenge is not only the targets’ establishment, but also development the system of indicators, that will determine the degree of progress in each direction.
Purpose. The purpose of the study is to develop a system of indicators for monitoring the state of Ukrainian households, aimed at determining the sustainability level of regional development.
Results. The main goals of sustainable development, the success of which can be determined on the basic of the households’ state monitoring, were identified in article. The modern global trends of the state, size and finances of households were determined. Sustainable development objectives and indicators for monitoring the state of households that can be used to establish the success of these tasks at the regional level were identified. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Ukraine is the new system of mutually agreed management measures for economic, social and environmental measures aimed at building public relations on the basis of trust, solidarity, equality of generations, and a secure environment.
Conclusions. Monitoring of the households’ state allows determining the progressive of the regional development and the success of achieving the sustainable development goals at the territory. Results of monitoring can be used for identifying the impact of regional progress on poverty alleviation and reducing inequalities, improving the health and well-being of the population, ensuring quality education, access to clean water and appropriate sanitation conditions.
Keywords: sustainable development, household, region, sustainable development goals.
- Yuri, Kizima T. (2008). «Household Finance: Theoretical Approaches to the Treatment of Essence». Finance of Ukraine. Vol. 8. P. 3-10.
- The historic new sustainable development agenda has been unanimously adopted by 193 UN member states. Available at:: http://www.un.org.ua/ua/informatsiinyi-tsentr/news/3579-2015-09-28-12-06-08-istorichniy-noviy-poryadok-den.
- Berezina O. Yu. (2017). Global`ne partnerstvo v parady`gmi stalogo rozvy`tku: osvita, texnologiyi, innovaciyi. [Global partnership in the paradigm of sustainable development: education, technologies, innovations]. Cherkasy State Technological University. Publisher Chabanenko Yu.A. Cherkasy. Ukraine.
- Pro Strategiyu stalogo rozvy`tku «Ukrayina – 2020»: Ukaz Prezy`denta Ukrayiny`. [About the Strategy of Sustainable Development «Ukraine-2020». Decree of the President of Ukraine]. (2015). 5/2015 dated January 12, 2015 Available at: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5/2015
- Nacional`na dopovid` «Cili stalogo rozvy`tku: Ukrayina». [National Report «Sustainable Development Goals: Ukraine»]. (2017). Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. Ukraine.
- Objectives of sustainable development. Available at: http://www.un.org.ua/ua/tsili-rozvytku-tysiacholittia/tsili-staloho-rozvytku.
- McConnell K., Bru S. (2003). Ekonomiks: pry`ncy`py`, problemy` ta polity`ka. [Economics: Principles, Problems and Policies]. Hagar Demos. Ukraine.
- Krupka I., Ostroverkh P. I., Reverchuk S. K. (2001). Osnovy` ekonomichnoyi teoriyi. [Fundamentals of Economic Theory]. Atika. Kiev. Ukraine.
- About the All-Ukrainian Population Census: Law of Ukraine dated 19.10.2000 No. 2058 – ІІІ. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2058-14.
- Household Budget Surveys in the EU Methodology and Recommendations for Harmonization (1997). Eurostat. Luxembourg.
- The world needs to build 2 billion new homes over the next 80 years. Available at: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/03/the-world-needs-to-build-more-than-two- billion-new-homes-over-the-next-80-years
- Chart of the day: Which countries have the largest share of global household. Available at: wealth https: //www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/11/chart-of-the-day-which-countries-have-the-biggest-share-of-global-household-wealth/
- Reward work, not wealth: To end the inequality crisis, we have to build an economy for ordinary people, not the rich and powerful. Available at: www.oxfam.org
- Statistical collection «Expenses and resources of households of Ukraine» for 2010-2015 /State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Statistical collection «Expenses and resources of households of Ukraine in 2016» / State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Statistical collection «Costs and resources of households of Ukraine in 2017» / State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
The article was received 17.08.2018