JEL classification: Q57
The article describes in detail the essence of the ecological modernization concept, modernization conceptual provisions of the ecological safety system of sustainable development and system structure of the ecological modernization. The basic stages of theory development of the ecological modernization are considered.
It has been established that eco-modernization determines the transition from a pre-green society through complex, long-lasting reforms to a green one. It envisages improvement of economic, political and social mechanisms of social development, assimilation of advanced industrial and information technologies for a certain historical period, economic forms, accompanying social and political institutions. Environmental modernization should become a nationwide strategy, making it possible to mobilize and concentrate the country’s existing resources to meet the challenges.
The transition to a sustainable development model requires a harmonious combination of socio-economic growth and environmental security. An important role in this process is played by the application harmonization of technical, technological and organizational-economic innovations in the resource and environmental sphere. The introduction of innovative scientific and technological solutions, the development of high-tech industries will help increase the economy competitiveness and align its interests with the environmental and social spheres. In order to develop a mechanism for managing the ecological modernization of socio-economic development, it is necessary to establish its key tasks: the modernization type formation of environmentally-oriented activity of society; the ecological safety guarantee of innovative updating of enterprise production; the management actions coordination in the regional development system on the basis of updating the interests balance between business, government and society; enhanced reproduction of natural resources and factors based on updated technologies.
Today, environmental modernization in Ukraine cannot be achieved on a large scale because of its focus on economic growth policy rather than sustainable development.
The priority tasks of modernization of socio-economic development with the management purpose of ecological modernization are defined. The technological platforms of ecological development, their purpose, tasks and main directions of realization are analyzed.
Keywords: environmental modernization, theory of environmental modernization, sustainable development, environmental technologies.
- Buttel, Fredrick H. (2000). Ecological modernization as social theory. «Geoforum». 31 (1). 57-65.
- Danylyshyn, B., Stepanenko, A., Ral’chuk, O. ta in. (2008). Bezpeka rehioniv Ukrainy i stratehiia ii harantuvannia u 2-kh t. [Security of the regions of Ukraine and strategy of its guarantee in 2 volumes]. Vol. 1. Pryrodno-tekhnohenna (ekolohichna) bezpeka. [Natural-technogenic (ecological) safety]. «Naukova dumka». Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Kuljasov, I.P. (2004). Jekologicheskaja modernizacija: teorija i praktika. [Ecological modernization: theory and practice]. NIIH SPb GU. St. Petersburg. Russia.
- Natsional’na paradyhma staloho rozvytku Ukrainy. [The national paradigm of sustainable development of Ukraine]. (2016). In Paton, B.Ye. (ed.). 2nd ed., DU IEPSR NANU. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Buzhyms’ka, K.O. (2015). «Nature and components of the modernization of the system of the economy». Visnyk Zhytomyrs’koho derzhavnoho tekhnolohichnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. № 2, рр. 100–104.
- Bek, U. (2000). Obshhestvo riska: na puti k drugomu modernu. [The Risk Society: Towards Another Modernist]. Progres-Tradicija. Moscow. Russia.
- Khvesyk, M.A., Stepanenko, A.V., Obykhod, H.O. ta in. (2013). Innovatsijno-investytsijna i tekhnolohichna bezpeka transformatsii rehional’nykh ekonomichnykh system. [Innovation and investment and technological security of transformation of regional economic systems]. In Khvesyka M. A. (ed.). DU IEPSR NANU. Naukova dumka. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Paton, B. Ekolohichna «iemnist’» zemli ne bezmezhna, i s’ohodni nebezpeka pidnialasia na ves’ zrist. [Environmental “capacity” of the earth are not limitless, and today the risk has risen in all growth]. «Den’», 20 kvitnia 2011 r.
- Arthur P.J. Mol, David A. (2014). Ecological Modernisation Around the World: Perspectives and Critical Debates. Routledge.
- Stepanenko, A.V., Obykhod, H.O., Omel’chenko, A.A. (2016). Ekolohichna modernizatsiia v systemi pryrodno-tekhnohennoi ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky: monohrafiia. Derzhavna ustanova «Instytut ekonomiky pryrodokorystuvannia ta staloho rozvytku Natsional’noi akademii nauk Ukrainy». [Ecological modernization in the system of natural-technogenic and environmental security: monograph. State institution “Institute of environmental Economics and sustainable development National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”]. DU IEPSR NAN Ukrainy. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Kortelainen J. Experience of Ecological Modernization in Forest Industry. Environmental Transformations in the Russian Forest Industry: Key Actors and Local Developments. Joensuu: Univ. Joensuu, Karelian Inst. 2002. 29-40 р.
- Novaja industrial’naja volna na Zapade. Antologija. [The new industrial wave in the West. Anthology]. (1999). In Inozemceva, V.L. (ed.). Moscow. Russia.
- Porus, V. (2007). Nauka kak kul’tura i nauka kak civilizacija. Filosofija nauki. Metodologija i istorija konkretnyh nauk. [Science as culture and science as a civilization. The philosophy of science. Methodology and history of concrete Sciences]. «KANON+». pp. 480−501.
The article was received 12.09.2019