JEL classification: L83; P48; R11
Introduction. The high level of the restaurant business profitability along with its riskiness makes it possible to consider it as a promising sector of development, especially in regions where there are free niches. Significant dynamism of changes in the external environment of this industry in comparison with others necessitates continuous information monitoring.
The purpose of the article is to determine the current state of the restaurant industry of Chernivtsi region and to outline perspective directions of its development in the current conditions.
Results. The contents of the «restaurant industry» concept and its evolution are considered. It is determined that the modern tendencies of its development are caused by the formation of a market economy with a focus on leisure organization. An dynamics analysis of the restaurant services market in Ukraine is presented. Market analysis of Chernivtsi region has been given. The role of this branch in the region economy is determined. The employment dynamics in the field of temporary accommodation and catering of Chernivtsi region is analyzed, and the forecast of the considered indicator till 2020 is developed. The dynamics analysis of gross value added and output of the research industry for the years 2014-2017 is carried out, which allows to confirm the stable growth, which for the whole period amounted to 41.1% of output and 37.5% of value added.
Conclusions. The key development tendencies of the restaurants in the Chernivtsi region are identified: unsaturation of the market and positive trends of growth make it possible to consider it as promising, despite the low population level, trends in employment dynamics make it possible to consider it as a promising source of new jobs, dynamics of output and gross value added testify to the growing demand for restaurant business services, despite the relatively low standard of living.
Proposed directions of restaurant market development in Chernivtsi region are offered: price democratization, tourism orientation with preservation of authenticity, deepening of specialization, expansion of entertaining and cognitive services, catering, automation of business processes and online sales.
Key words: restaurant industry, restaurant, restaurant market, restaurant business, coffee shop, types of coffee shops, coffee market.
- Butenco, P. and Strel’chenco, D. O. (2016). «The condition of the restaurant business in Ukraine and prospects for its development». Visnyk economiky transportu i promyslovosti, Vol. 56, pp. 18-24.
- Volovels’ka, V. and Loienko, O. (2016). «Modern trends in restaurant business development in Ukraine», Visnyk economiky transportu i promyslovosti, Vol. 55, pp. 115-118.
- Girniak, I. and Glagola V. A. (2018). “Current condition, perspectives and trends in the restaurant industry in Ukraine”, Economika ta upravlinnia pidpryemstvamy, Vol. 16, pp. 71-76.
- Grosul, A. and Ivanova, T. P. (2017). “Trends in the modern development of restaurant enterprises in Ukraine and Kharkiv region”, Naukoviy visnyk Uzhgorods’kogo universytetu, Vol. 1, pp. 143-149.
- Doroshenco, and Dmitrieva K. (2011). “Territorial organization of restaurant enterprises of Ukraine”, Geographia: zbirnyk naukovyh prats’, Vol. 58, pp. 27-30.
- Dubodelova, V. and Kulyniak, I. Y. (2016). “Trends in restaurant business development in L’viv region”, Aktual’ny problemy economiky, Vol. 10 (184), pp. 198-208.
- Lagodiienko, V. (2018). «Strategic solutions for the promotion of an innovative product of recycled wine». Ekonomika kharchovoyi promyslovosti. 2018. Vol.10, Issue. 3. pp. 41-47.
- Mudrak, R. P. and Lagodiyenko, V. V., Lagodiyenko, N. V. (2018). «The Influence of Total Costs on the Volumes of National Production». Ekonomichny`j chasopy`s – XXI.172 (7-8). pp. 44-50.
- Piatnyts’ka, T. and Naidiuk, V. S. (2017). «Modern trends in restaurant business development in Ukraine», Ekonomika ta derzhava, Vol. 9, pp. 66-73.
- Statystychnyi shchorichnyk Chernivets’koi oblasty za 2017 rik (Sarchins’ka, T. G.), (2018). pp. 545.
- Sergii Lekar, Dmytro Shumeiko, Volodymyr Lagodiienko and Valerii Nemchenko (2019). Construction of Bayesian Networks in Public Administration of the Economy. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology. 10(04). 1379-1384.
The article was received 10.03.2019