JEL classification: М11; О31
Introduction. The competitiveness of agricultural enterprises largely depends on the pace of innovation in all areas of activity, i.e. the introduction of new, advanced high-performance machinery and equipment, advanced technologies and production methods. Limited resources constrain the possibility of innovation and places excessive demands on the definition of strategic objectives of innovative development in terms of the real market situation and the financial condition of the enterprise.
The purpose. The purpose of the article is to analyze the current state of innovation in the agricultural sector of the economy and develop its ways to improve in the context of increasing the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises.
Results. It is established that the problems of innovative modernization of the economy are multifaceted and have many levels. Along with large-scale issues of formation of the national innovation system there is no less important issue of activation and ensuring effective management of innovation at the enterprise level. It is proved that the technical and technological level of agricultural enterprises and their innovation potential, characterized by indicators of depreciation of fixed assets and the dynamics of their value, remain low.
One of the directions of reorientation to the innovative model of subjects’ development of agricultural production is the restructuring of the industry, clustering and the transition to wholesale production. Among the priorities of innovation of the assortment direction in the agricultural sphere are: development and production of environmentally friendly products and production of functional goods taking into account modern medical and biological requirements to improve the nutrition structure of the population. It is proved that the weak level of management development is manifested in the limited ability to develop their own innovations and absorb external innovations. This is due to the fact that the structure of labor potential of agricultural enterprises is dominated by specialists of medium and low qualifications.
Conclusions. The main areas of innovation are the development and implementation of production and technological innovation solutions, although the potential of commercial marketing and management solutions is significant, however, untapped in modern conditions. It is important to apply a set of measures to support the innovative component of resource potential – preferential taxation, lending, public-private partnership, budget support. With high and growing competition and limited resources for Ukrainian agricultural enterprises, the main means of improving efficiency and competitiveness is the implementation of innovations in the direction of renewal of fixed assets and their efficient use.
Key words: innovations, competitiveness, latest technologies, innovative development model, agricultural enterprises.
- Bolila, S. Yu. Fedorova, T. V. and Miliuskyi V. I. (2010). «Increasing the agriculture competitiveness in Ukraine based on innovation factors», available at: http://www.rusnauka.com/34_NIEK_2010/Economics/75187.doc.htm.
- Berezina, L. M. (2013). «Innovation policy of enterprises: tactful and strategic aspects». Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsij. no. 4. 132 p.
- Donets’, O. I. (2013). «The essence of economical category «innovation» and its characteristics in the agricultural sector of economy of Ukraine». Ekonomichnyj analiz. No12 (1). pp. 92-97.
- Mazniev, H. Ye. (2016). «Innovative activities as a factor improving the efficiency of agricultural production». Aktualni problemy innovatsiinoi ekonomiky, no. 2, pp. 36-47.
- Nakis’ko, O. V., Rudenko, S. V. (2015). «State support of agriculture in the context of innovative investment reproduction». Visnyk KhNTKSH. Kharkiv : KhNTUSH. Issue 161. рр. 239-245.
- Pyvovar, P. V., Shlapak, M. A. (2017). «Technical and technological support of agricultural enterprises on the basis of association interaction: a methodical approach». Problemy ekonomiky. no. 4. pp. 311-318.
- Rudenko, S.V. (2016). «The production potential of the agricultural enterprises: economic nature and role in shaping the economic potential». Visnyk KhNTUSH. Issue 172. pp. 175-181.
- Statistics Service of Ukraine. Official web-site. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Sitkovs’ka, A.O. (2016). «Innovative orientation for increasing competitiveness of agricultural enterprises». Innovatsijna ekonomika. no. 3-4 (62). pp. 57-60.
The article was received 10.03.2020