JEL classification: L83; Z32
Introduction. The attractiveness of the tourist and recreational sphere for business development and the national economy is substantiated. The development of the tourist and recreational sphere in Ukraine is characterized and the reasons that restrain it are determined.
The purpose of the research is to develop modern business models for the development of tourism and recreation.
Results. The content of the concept and the main functions of the business model in the tourist and recreational sphere are revealed. The value of tourist and recreational service is determined. The difference of the tourist and recreational sphere from other types of activity on the basis of building a value chain is characterized. Signs of oligopolistic competition for the market of tourist and recreational services are determined. It is proposed to develop the following business models in the tourist and recreational sphere: network tourist and recreational structure on the basis of a large organization that integrates medium and small firms around itself; network of small and medium legally independent tourist and recreational companies; tourist and recreational cluster network. The main elements of the business model are identified – target consumers, value proposition, value chain, profit mechanism. The factors influencing the choice of business model for the development of the tourist and recreational sphere are described. These are the business environment, security, health and hygiene, human resources and the labor market, prices, infrastructure, natural and cultural resources.
Conclusions. It is essential to expand the market of tourist and recreational services in Ukraine network activities of small and medium-sized tourist and recreational companies and tour operators.
Keywords: tourist and recreational sphere, business models, market of tourist and recreational services, tourism, multinational corporations, tour operators, cluster network.
- Vyhodec, Ju. S. and Nasika, Ju. S., Bugas, D. N. (2013). «Business models in tourism as a subject for study and management». Ekonomika ta upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy mashynobudivnoi haluzi: problemy teorii ta praktyky. 2 (22). pp. 65–74.
- Frei, V. (2019). «Ways to improve the socio-economic development of regional tourism». Infrastruktura rynku. Issue 30. pp. 328–334.
- Levkovets, M. (2019). «Innovative business models: features of formation». Ekonomichna teoriia ta pravo. no. 2 (37). pp. 172–182.
- Movchanenko, I. V. (2018). «Business model: essence and innovative component». Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid. 20. pp. 39–43.
- Zott, C. and Amit, R. (2010). «Business Model Design: An Activity System Perspective». Long Range Planning. no. 43. pp. 216–226.
- Afuah, (2016). Business Models: A Strategic Management Approach. New York. USA.
- Magretta, (2002). «Why Business Models Matter». Harvard Business Review. no. 80 (5), рр. 86–92.
- Osterwalder,А. and Yves, (2010). Business Model Generation. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons. USA.
- Pohle, (2015). IBM’s Global CEO Report 2006: Business Model Innovation Matters. Strategy & Leadership. no. 34 (5), рр. 34–40.
- Kotel’nikov, Ju. (2007). Novye biznes-modeli dlja novoj jepohi bystryh peremen, dvizhimyh innovacijami. [New business models for a new era of rapid change driven by innovation].
- Oborin, M. and Sheresheva, (2017). «Specificity of business models in the tourism and recreation sector». Upravlenec. no. 4 (68). pp. 24–30.
- Melnychenko, S. V. and Sheienkova, K. A. (2015). Upravlinnia biznes-protsesamy v turyzmi [Management of business processes in tourism]: monohrafiia. Kiev. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t. Ukraine.
- Stoian, S. and Shyroka, V. V. (2019). Teoretychni zasady vdoskonalennia biznes-modeli turystychnoho pidpryiemstva [Theoretical principles of improving the business model of a tourist enterprise]. Efektyvna ekonomika. (electronic journal). no.1. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=6853
- Bulatova, O. V. and Dubeniuk, Ya. A. (2009). «Features of transnationalization of the world tourist market».Visnyk DITB. Seriia: Ekonomika, orhanizatsiia ta upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy turystychnoi industrii ta turystychnoi haluzi v tsilomu. no. 13. pp. 163–170.
- Pavlikha, N. V. and Skorokhod, I. S. (2005). «Greening of the tourism industry: an innovative approach». Visnyk DITB. no. 9. pp. 185–189.
- Pavlikha, N. and Skorokhod, I., Kytsyuk, I., Marchuk, I. (2014). Innowacyjne formy międzynarodowej działalności gospodarczej [Innovative forms of international economic activity.]. Zeszyty Naukowe Małopolskiej Wyższej Szkoły Ekonomicznej W Tarnowie. no. 25 (2). pp. 153–161.
The article was received 20.12.2019