Introduction. In a modern globalized economy, the decisive manifestation of which is the strengthening of international economic ties, transport services are a priority component of Ukraine’s national product, and the concept of integrated logistics has become paramount. The activation of the functioning of the transport system of Ukraine has a beneficial effect on the state of foreign economic activity indicators. The drivers of strengthening the degree of globalization in the field of transport services are increasing the level of trade between countries, the prospects of world markets, international competition, technology expansion, the development of transport and logistics infrastructure. The tasks of multimodal transportation development include creation of a digital economy; simplification of trade procedures; creating an electronic version of the document, based on the form – a UN form for foreign trade documents within the customs «single window».
The purpose of the article is to study the modern aspects of the formation and development of multimodal transport system at the regional level.
Results. Implementation of the transport process is impossible without proper coastal servicing of both cargo owners and shipowners through a number of intermediary operations. By its nature, intermediation in maritime transport in the operational and commercial aspect is mainly in such areas as: tonnage chartering, ship agency, freight forwarding services, etc. The trend of concentration and centralization of capital in shipping leads to the fact that intermediary firms in many cases do not have a clear narrow specialization.
The European experience of the operation of the transport system shows that the organization of transport multimodal transportations is the determining direction of minimization of costs and association of participants in the process of cargoes delivery.
Conclusions. According to the dialectical approach, multimodal transportation is defined as an international transportation carried out by two or more modes of transport, organized by an operator, which assumes the responsibility of delivering door-to-door cargo under a single contract and through the freight rate. It is important to emphasize that it is precisely the presence of a multimodal transport operator that is responsible for the load and the possible risks associated with the delivery throughout the journey, regardless of the number of transport modes involved in the delivery process when issuing a single transport document, is the main distinguishing feature from all other related transport concepts. The development of multimodal transportation is a promising direction of building up the transport system of the Black Sea region, as it allows to significantly increase the volume of transport by its territory with the participation of transport companies, contributing to increasing the region’s competitiveness on the national and world transport services market, developing the network of existing transport corridors, integrating Ukraine’s transport infrastructure with the world transport system systems.
- Burmistrov, M. M. (1979). Mirovoe morskoe sudohodstvo. [International Maritime Shipping]. Transport. Russia.
- Kulayev, F. (1996). Vy`robny`cho-transportna infrastruktura – osnova rozvy`tku ry`nkovoyi ekonomiky`. Problemy` pidvy`shhennya efekty`vnosti infrastruktury`. [Production and transport infrastructure – the basis of the development of a market economy]. Zbirny`k naukovy`x pracz`. KMUCzA. Кiev. Ukraine.
- Kotlubaj, M. (2012). Teoriya i metodologiya rozvy`tku transportno-texnologichny`x sy`stem perevezennya vantazhiv. [Theory and methodology of development of transport-technological systems of transportation of cargoes]. IPREED NAN Ukrayiny`. Odessa. Ukraine.
- Tarasenko, V. (2015). Territorial’nye klastery: Sem’ instrumentov upravlenija. [Territorial clusters: Seven management tools]. Al’pina Pablisher. Russia.
- Terminologija kombinirovannyh perevozok. (Terminology on combined transport). United Nations. New York and Geneva, 2001. 71 p. Available at http://www.unece.org/ fileadmin/DAM/trans/wp24/documents/term.pdf \
- Konvencija Organizacii Ob#edinennyh Nacij o mezhdunarodnyh smeshannyh perevozkah gruzov. [United Nations Convention on International Multimodal Transport of Goods]. (1980). Geneva, May 24. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_189
- Sokolova, O. Ye. (2014). «Conceptual ambush of forming a multimodal system of transporting vantazh». Naukoyemni texnologiyi. no. 1. pp. 114-118.
- Limonov, Je. L. (2001). Vneshnetorgovye operacii morskogo transporta i mul’timodal’nye perevozki. [Foreign trade operations of sea transport and multimodal transportation]. Iformiaconnyj centr «Vybor». Petersburg. Russia.
- Multimodal transportation. Vіkіpedіya. Available at: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0 %9C %D1 %83 %D0 %BB %D1 %8C %D1 %82 %D0 %B8 %D0 %BC %D0 %BE %D0 %B4 % D0 % B0 % D0 % BB % D1 % 8C % D0 % BD % D0 % B5_ % D0 % BF % D0 % B5 % D1 % 80 % D0 % B5 % D0 % B2 % D0 % B5 % D0 % B7 % D0 % B5 % D0 % BD % D0 % BD % D1 % 8F
- Mirotin, L. B. and Tashbaev, Y. Je. (2003). Logistika dlja predprinimatelej. [Logistics for entrepreneurs]. Infra-M. Russia.
- Pluzhnikov, K. I. and Chuntomova, Ju. A. (2006). Transportnoe jekspedirovanie. [Transport Forwarding]. Translit. Russia.
- Vojnarenko, M. P. (2000). «Concept of clusters – a way to revive production at the regional level».Ekonomist. 1. pp.15-21.
- Lagodiyenko, V. and Korniyecz`ky`j, O. V. (2014). «Logistics in Japanese: Increasing the efficiency of enterprises». Kul`tura narodov Pry`chernomor`ya. no. 275. pp. 207-210.
- Konkurentospromozhnist` ta staly`j rozvy`tok moregospodars`kogo kompleksu Ukrayiny`. [Competitiveness and Sustainable Development of the Maritime Economy of Ukraine] [Il`chenko, V., Kuxarchy`k, V. G. and other]. (2011). In Kotlubaya, O. M. (ed.). IPREED NAN Ukrayiny`. Odessa. Ukraine.
- Lagodienko, V. V. and Kornieckij, A. V. (2014). «The concept of the essence and functions of management in logistic systems». Baltijskij gumanitarnyj zhurnal. no. 4(9). pp 145-147.
- Lagodienko, V. V. and Kornieckij, A. V. (2014). «Methodical principles of the logistic system of material flow control». Karel’skij nauchnyj zhurnal. no. 4(9). pp. 119-121.
The article was received 12.09.2018