JEL classification: С51; С63; С88; D12
Introduction. The computer modeling consumer behavior is very important in the context of a globalized market. More attention is paid to the consumption of manufactured goods and everyday items. Much less attention is paid to the service sector, in particular medical, recreational and physical. There is also a lack of application of mathematically grounded, computer methods and models for such modeling. Often the study of the behavior of consumers of goods and services, as well as their assessment of the level and components of the service, is reduced to conducting surveys of consumers and subsequent classical statistical processing of their results. At the same time, estimates, already at the initial stage, are inevitably converted into numerical form. We propose the use of an approach based on fuzzy logic, which makes it possible to combine criteria of different dimensions, including linguistic and verbal assessments.
The aim of the study is modeling of evaluation of cosmetology institutions.
Results. We proposed modeling the behavior of consumers of aesthetic cosmetology services as tasks of multi-criteria decision making on a variety of alternatives. The approach to the estimation of cosmetology service by clients based on fuzzy modeling is described. Specific features of cosmetology services, marketing, communication components are determined. The main consumer criteria for assessing cosmetology services are used. A computer model in the FuzzyTech, specialized software product for computer fuzzy modeling, was constructed. Integrated assessments for cosmetic institutions in Kharkiv have been calculated. Recommendations for improving the quality of cosmetology service, websites of cosmetology institutions, are suggested. The principles of the proposed approach, the described fuzzy model and its computer implementation can be applied to a wide range of tasks of multicriteria assessment of customer service in various social fields – retail stores, medicine, culture, health, physical education and training, public catering, other household and domestic services.
Conclusions. We have developed the model based on decision-making with the application of the fuzzy sets. It is shown the monitoring of the current level of the generalized assessment of the functioning and marketing interaction with the clients of the cosmetology company with the help of the developed model can be carried out more quickly, with less time spent at acceptable accuracy. Depending on the production situation or the set goals of consumers, individual evaluation criteria can be quickly clarified. In addition, the proposed model is generally aggregate and universal, is acceptable for multi-criteria assessment of the level of service and marketing components in providing various services to the population.
Keywords: modeling, fuzzy logic, consumer behaviour.
- Khalilah, A. and Khairul, A. (2017). «A Proposed Model of Purchase Decisions by Young Adults in Malaysia’s Beauty, Health and Wellness Industry». International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences. Vol. 7(4). pp. 1098-1115.
- Garza, R., Rosario, C. and González, S. (2016). «Application of Six Sigma DMAIC with Discrete Simulation and Multicriterial Techniques». Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration. Vol. 22(1). pp. 19-35.
- Markovic, S. and Raspor, S. (2012). «Service Quality Measurement in Croatian Wellness Tourism: Application of the SERVQUAL Scale». Academica Turistica. Vol. 5(1). pp. 47-58.
- Revilla-Camacho, M. (2015). «Customer participation and citizenship behavior effects on turnover intention». Journal of Business Research. Vol. 68. pp. 1607-1611.
- Shizhong, A. (2010). «Dynamic Optimal Budget Allocation for Integrated Marketing Persistence». International Journal of Decision Making. Vol. 9. pp. 715-736.
- Mc-Kennedy, J. and Hogan, S. (2017). «Cocreative customer practices: Effects of health care customer practices on well-being». Journal of Business Research. Vol. 70, pp. 55-66.
- Ya-Hui, W. (2014). «The Demand for Medical Cosmetology: Evidence From China». Global Journal of Business Research. Vol.8(4). pp. 61-70.
- Nam, C. (2015). «A system thinking approach to address the complex issue of plastic surgery in South Korea». Journal of Markets and Business. Vol. 1(2). pp. 108-135.
- Russell-Bennett, R. and Glavas, C. (2017). «Designing a medicalized wellness service: balancing hospitality and features». The Service Industries Journal. Vol. 7. pp. 657-680.
- Varga, N. and Molnár, C. (2011). «Wellness Profilok A Magyar És Az Osztrák Szállodaiparban». Acta Carolus Robertus. Vol. 1(1). pp. 39-47.
- Panfiluk, E. (2017). «Identification of the Innovations in Tourism Related to Aesthetic Medicine». Journal of Management and Economics. Vol. 53. pp. 107-119.
- Kaung-Hwa, C. (2015). «Wellness Tourism among Seniors in Taiwan: Previous Experience, Service Encounter Expectations, Organizational Characteristics, Employee Characteristics, and Customer Satisfaction». Sustainability. Vol. 7(8). pp. 1-26.
- Panfiluk, E. (2016). «Aesthetic medicine tourism – nature and scope of the services». Economics and Management. Vol. 8(1). pp. 71-79.
- Rizova, T. (2011). «Regarding the Implementation Of Spa Technologies In Tourism». Economics and Management. 7(4). pp. 122-128.
- Miller, J. (2016). «Planning an organizational wellness initiative at a multi-state social service agency». Evaluation and Program Planning. Vol. 56. pp. 1-10.
- Mazur, B. and Małek, M. (2017). «Towards Corporate Wellness: Health Culture and Wellness Programs». Journal of Intercultural Management. Vol. 9(3). pp. 45-61.
- Cvikl, H. and Mekinc, J. (2011). «Safety and Security as Component of Wellness Centres in Slovenia». Academica Turistica – Tourism and Innovation Journal. Vol. 4(2). pp. 51-63.
- Mroczek-Czetwertynska, A. (2013). «Impact Of Regulations On Transparency Of Spa & Wellness Market In Poland». Oeconomia Copernicana. Vol. 4(4). pp. 91-102.
- Chernov, V. and Dorokhov, O. (2012). «Construction of estimates of alternative solutions by fuzzy utilities». Transport and Telecommunication. Vol.13. No. 1. Pp. 11-17.
- Dorokhov, O. and Chernov, V. (2018). «Multi-criteria choice of alternatives under fuzzy information». Transformations in Business and Economics. Vol. 17(2). pp. 95-106.
- Dorokhov, O. and Dorokhova, L. (2011). «Fuzzy model for evaluation of transportation quality for cargo enterprises». Transport and Telecommunication. Vol. 12(1). pp. 25–33.
- Dorokhov, O. and Dorokhova, L. (2010). «A fuzzy modelling of service estimations for drugs freight transport». Transport and Telecommunication. Vol. 11(1). pp. 19–25.
- Dorokhova, L. and Dorokhov, O. (2017). «Computer model regarding pharmacies integral perceptions by visitors». Bulletin of University of Brasov. Vol 59. pp. 155-170.
- Omelchenko, O., Dorokhov, O., Kolodiziev, O. and Dorokhova, L. (2018). «Fuzzy modeling of the creditworthiness assessments of bank’s potential borrowers in Ukraine». Ikonomicheski Izsledvania. Vol. 27(4). pp. 100-125.
The article was received 05.01.2020