JEL classification: D24; E22; E24; J24
The article examines the place and role of organizational capital along with other components of intellectual capital – social and consumer (client) capital. The issue of management of organizational capital of enterprises is investigated. The principles of organizational capital management are considered in detail, among the main ones: scientific substantiation; management modeling; continuity of management; management’s focus on meeting market requirements; complexity; improve; completeness and reliability of information; uniformity; truthfulness; relevance; dialectics. It is established that the correctly chosen and accurately marked principles of management of organizational capital of the enterprise are the basis for achieving its strategic goals. The model of management of the organizational capital of the enterprise which consists of such constituent parts as: subjects, providing, managing and managed subsystems is developed. The object in this system are the elements of organizational capital, the development of which contributes to the creation of competencies and competitive advantages that allow the company to occupy a more favorable position compared to competitors. The subjects are suppliers, intermediaries, consumers, competitors, the state. The supply subsystem includes resources and information that provide such elements as quality management, personnel, production processes, technology, marketing, financial and innovation activities of the enterprise. The managed subsystem contains the principles, functions and methods of management. The model of management of organizational capital of the enterprise is based on monitoring of organizational capital, comparative assessment of its level, development of measures, the implementation of which leads to increasing the potential of organizational capital and efficiency of its use. A high level of organizational capital is achieved through the purposeful influence of the control subsystem of the enterprise (management) in compliance with the selected principles on the managed subsystem. The purpose of organizational capital management is to increase the company’s competitiveness through the efficient use of all types of its resources.
Keywords: organizational capital; structural capital; intellectual capital; social capital; providing, control subsystem, controlled subsystem.
- Berzkalne, I., Zelgalve, E. (2014) «Intellectual Capital and Company. Value, In Procedia». Social and Behavioral Sciences. Vol. 110. pp. 887-896.
- Armstrong, M. (2004). Praktika upravlenija chelovecheskimi resursami. [Practice of human resource management]. 8th Piter. St. Petersburg. Russia.
- Belkin, V. N., Antonova, O. A., Gorbunov, V. D. (2011) Organizacionnyj kapital predprijatija. [Organizational capital of the enterprise]. Institut jekonomiki UrO RAN. Ekaterinburg. Russia.
- Butenko, D. S., Sheianova, Yu. D. (2020). Formuvannia mekhanizmu orhanizatsijnoho kapitalu sub’iektiv pidpryiemnytstva. [Formation of the mechanism of organizational capital of sub-business units]. Ekonomika ta derzhava. No 6. Available at: http://www.economy.in.ua/?n=6&y=2020
- Garanina, T. A. (2010). «Intangible Assets and Intellectual Capital: Role in Creating Company Value». Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta. Ser. 8. Issue. 2. pp. 78–105.
- Orlova, T. (2008). «Intellectual capital: concept, essence, types». Problemy teorii i praktiki upravlenija.No 4. pp. 109–119.
- Ruus, J., Pajk, S., Fernstrem, L. (2008). Intellektual’nyj kapital: praktika upravlenija. [Intellectual capital: management practice]. Izd-vo «Vysshaja shkola menedzhmenta»; Izdat. dom S.-Peterb. gos. un-ta. St. Petersburg. Russia.
- Stjuart, T. A. (2007). Intellektual’nyj kapital. Novyj istochnik bogatstva organizacij. [Intellectual capital. A new source of wealth for organizations]. Pokolenie. Moscow.
The article was received 09.04.2021