JEL classification: J10; R11
Introduction. In order to ensure regional development, it is necessary to create quality databases that reflect different aspects of human life. Reforming the national economic system affects the activity of the population, which causes the redistribution of labor resources and their partial release. This calls for an analysis of economic activity and employment.
The purpose of the article is to determine the methodological aspects of the economic activity study in the region.
Results. The concept of “the population economic activity” is proposed to be interpreted as a part of the population involved in the labor market, regardless of age, taking into account specifically completed works or methods for finding a job, etc. The categories of population have been defined which are engaged in economic activity. A logical and structural scheme of data collection is provided on the size of population individual social groups and its economic activity in districts and cities of the region. The diagnostics algorithm of social structure and economic activity of the population in the regional labor market is developed. The idea of forming information support for marketing the social sphere of the territory is to build an information-analytical system that can help the authorities make effective management decisions in accordance with the requirements of the time. The categories of informally employed population are defined. The volumes estimation scheme of economic activity and inactivity of the population aged 15-70 years on the regional labor markets is presented. The volumes estimation method of economic activity of working population on the regional labor market is offered. It was found that at the level of districts and cities in the region, to ensure the quality of data on regional employment statistics, it is important: firstly, to take into account the data on the employees number at the enterprises submitting activity reports, taxes and employment at their location; secondly, to provide for the possibility of generalizing data on employment on a territorial basis using identification data of insured persons, whose information indicates their place of residence, etc. The key provisions for creating an effective employment regulation system are identified. Active and passive methods of influencing the employment level are proposed.
Keywords: population of the region, economic activity of the population, regional development, methodology, methodological aspects.
- Senyk, I. V. «Economic Activity of the Population of Ukraine 2013». Available at: https://ukrstat.org/uk/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/07/zb_EAN_2017.pdf.
- Kachan, Ye. P. (2006). Ekonomika pratsi ta sotsial’no-trudovi vidnosyny. [Economics of Labor and Social and Labor Relations]. TDEU. Ternopil’. Ukraine.
- Lagodiyenko,V. V. and Bodnar, O. A. (2012). «Influence of socio-economic development of the village on the living standards of the rural population of the region». Ekonomist. no. 2, pp. 50-51.
- Yesinova, I. (2017). Ekonomika pratsi ta sotsial’no-trudovi vidnosyny. [Labor economics and social and labor relations]. KhDUKhT. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Hrishnova, O. A. (2004). Ekonomika pratsi ta sotsial’no-trudovi vidnosyn. [Economics of Labor and Social and Labor Relations]. Znannia. Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Spyrydonov, I. A. (2005). Svitova ekonomika. [World economy]. YNFRA-M. Moscow. Russia.
- Economic activity of the population in 2014. Available at: www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Economic activity of the population in 2015. Available at: ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Economic activity of the population in 2016. Available at: ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Skupskyi, R. M., Melnychuk, L. S., Shcherbata, M. Y. (2017). «Methodological aspects of labor potential use and regional demographic problems». Scientific bulletin of Polissia. 2017. 1 (9), pp 103-109.
- Mudrak, R. P., Lagodiyenko, V. V., Lagodiyenko, N. V. (2018). «The Influence of Total Costs on the Volumes of National Production». Ekonomichny`j chasopy`s – XXI.172 (7-8). pp. 44-50.
- Lahodiienko, V. V. (2011). «State and prospects of employment development in the agricultural sphere of Mykolaiv region». Biznes navihator. no. 22. pp. 5-11.
The article was received 14.12.2018