УДК: 640.412-043.86 (477)
JEL classification: L83
Introduction. For the effective development of the regions it is necessary to create attractive events. It is outlined that the development of this type of recreation, first of all, makes it possible to synchronize the tourist flow during the year. This approach allows you to expand the audience of visitors continuously, as well as not to lose the existing one. No less important is the study of the process of determining the effectiveness of events that combine recreation and entertainment at the same time.
The purpose of this article is an analytical study of existing methods and justification of the methodological approach to assessing the effectiveness of events.
Results. Information to determine the effectiveness of the measure is usually collected in two ways. The first one – the simple research during the event or immediately after it; the second one is the more complex but much larger research on preferences, loyalty, and awareness that is conducted much less frequently. The article presents an analysis of known methodological developments to determine the effectiveness of their implementation, and formed a generalized methodology for determining the effectiveness of event measures. The economic effect of performance evaluation is the desired development of consumer demand and it is determined by such parameters as increased sales and profitability after the event. The communicative effect of the assessment is to study the factors influencing the effectiveness of the event.
Conclusions. The analysis of the profitability of the event is carried out by analyzing the change in indicators from the implementation of the event, in particular the resulting indicators (profit and profitability). According to the results of the study, we can say that the existing methods do not allow determining the effectiveness of events by an unambiguous and clear formula, an important factor that should be taken into account is that the effectiveness of the event is primarily determined by its purpose.
Key words: event measures, efficiency, calculation methods, tourism, events.
- Blyzniak, R. Z. (2010). «Basic concepts of event management in the system of electoral communications». Teoriia i praktyka suspil’noho rozvytku. №4, рр. 9.
- Patterson, (2004). If you don’t measure, you can’t manage. The best metrics for managing marketing performance. Marketing profs. Nov. 23rd.
- Schultz, D.E. (2005). Measuring unmeasurables. Marketing Matters. May / June.
- Schmitt, B.H. (1999). Experiential Marketing. N.Y.
- Zaltman, G. (2003). How Consumers Think: Essential Insights into the Mind of the Market. Massachusetts.
- Demina, E.I., Majkova, S.Je. Metody ocenki jeffektivnosti meroprijatij event-marketinga. [Methods for evaluating the effectiveness of event marketing activities]. Available at: http://shhshhshh.sshhorld.com.ua/konfer22/368.htm
- Hamso, E. Event ROI Methodology. Pecha Kucha. Available at: https://eventroi.org/methodology/.
- Gerasimov, S.V., Tul’chinskij, G.L, Lohina, T.E. (2009). Menedzhment special’nyh sobytij v sfere kul’tury. [Management of special events in the field of culture]. Izd-vo «Lan’»; Izd-vo «Planeta muzyki». Petersburg. Russia.
- Chumikov A. Izmerenie jeffektivnosti PR-dejatel’nosti (rekomendacii dlja zakazchikov i ispolnitelej PR-proektov). [Measuring the effectiveness of PR activities (recommendations for customers and executors of PR projects).]. Available at: http://shhshhshh.pr-center.org.ua/bibl. php#link17.
- Sadchenko, О., Lagodiienko, V., Novykova, I., Feshchenko, O., Ruzhynska, N., Bogdanov, O. (2020). Marketing Tools in Stimulating Innovative Activity of Enterprises. International Journal of Management. № 11 (6), pp. 241-251.
The article was received 27.01.2020