JEL classification: L 10
Introduction. The formation of a full-fledged market of agri-food products provides a comprehensive justification of the theoretical and methodological foundations of its operation, ensuring adequate to the task of expanded reproduction of economic efficiency level in the main activities of its subjects. Such justification should be based on the generalization, clarification and systematization of basic economic categories and concepts that reveal the essence that occurs in the formation and functioning of the market in socio-economic processes, the genesis of relations with participants. At the same time, the deepening of the functional disconnection of the latter against the background of the need to intensify exchange processes in the economy become the main reason for market development. The issues of identifying the economic essence of the market and determining the principles of its development are considered in detail in the works of classic and contemporary economists, but the study of the agricultural market remains relevant, particularly in the context of improving sales of its subjects.
The purpose of the article is to identify the essential characteristics of the agri-food market, determine its functions and principles of development, as well as their impact on the effective implementation of marketing activities at agricultural enterprises.
Results. In the research, the generalized functional load of the agrarian market and its influence on economic behavior of the enterprises – commodity producers is offered. The functional structure of the products market in agricultural enterprises is determined. It is established that the target product markets of agricultural enterprises can be classified by competitive structure as markets of oligopsony and monopsony at the level of the enterprise-producer. The economic prerequisites and structural tendencies for competitive development of target object markets of agricultural enterprises products were identified.
Conclusions. In order to implement rational competitive behavior, each agricultural enterprise must identify the target market as a system, assess the factors of competitiveness, as well as timely mobilize the levers to manage the competitiveness of their products at different stages of the reproduction process.
Key words: agrarian market, market functions, competitive market structure, sale of agrarian enterprises.
- Andrijchuk, V. H. (2004). «Internal structure of the market of agricultural products: theoretical and methodological aspect». Ekonomika APK. no 3. pp. 29-35.
- Bilyk, Yu. D. (2004). «Formation and development of the modern food market in Ukraine». Formuvannia ta rozvytok ahrarnoho rynku: zb. nauk. prats’. K.: NNTs «Instytut ahrarnoi ekonomiky». pp. 177-189.
- Humeniuk, O. O. (2013). «Market infrastructure development». Innovatsijna ekonomika. no 7. pp. 201-206.
- Kovalenko, Yu. S. (2004). «Scientific principles and main trends in the formation of the agricultural market in Ukraine». Formuvannia ta rozvytok ahrarnoho rynku: zb. nauk. prats’. K.: NNTs «Instytut ahrarnoi ekonomiky», pp. 47-66.
- Krasnoruts’kyj, O. O., Dan’ko, Yu. I. (2009). Rozvytok marketynhu na rynku ahroprodovol’choi produktsii Ukrainy. [Development of marketing in the market of agro-food products of Ukraine]. «Majdan». Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Krasnorutskyi, O. O. (2013). Upravlinnia zbutom produktsii ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv: teoriia, metodolohiia, praktyka. [Sales management of agricultural enterprises: theory, methodology, practice]. Abstract of D. Sc. Dissertation. Kherson. Ukraine
- Laskavyj, A. O. (2004). Menedzhment produktyvnosti. [Productivity management]. KNEU.
- Shmyha O. O. Infrastrukturne zabezpechennia efektyvnoho rozvytku rynku produktsii APK. [Infrastructural support of effective development of the agro-industrial products market]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. TDEU. Ternopil’.
The article was received 02.08.2020