УДК: 352: 331.103.244
JEL classification: O22; H56
In quarantine restrictions and active hostilities in most territories of Ukraine, the problems of activating the processes of virtual adaptation of enterprises, organizations, and institutions to new working conditions have become more acute. Moreover, it contributed to the acceleration of digital transformation processes, the transition of a significant part of workers to the remote format, the broader use of means of intellectual work, and the development of various management and remote communication programs. It is worth mentioning that in connection with the war of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, which is currently ongoing, most regional strategies, projects, and programs need to be updated, considering the current data on the economic, social, and ecological state of the territories after the victory, the final assessment of the damage and destruction. The paper considers the process of managing regional development projects in the context of the need for the post-war reconstruction of Ukraine. The study showed that in the structure of projects financed from the DFRD, most of them are aimed at the development of education (about 50% of all projects), sports (an average of 15%), housing, and communal services (10%), health care (12%), transport and road infrastructure (5%). Only a little share of projects (1.5%) has a creative direction. The principles of regional management are described, which should be transformed into criteria for selecting regional and territorial development projects that will be financed from the state budget, the budgets of territorial communities, and in the form of public-private partnerships. It was emphasized that the government of Ukraine created the Fund for the Restoration of Ukraine, funds to which all those interested in a quick victory and restoration of economic potential can transfer funds. It was determined that the search for additional resources for implementing local projects could become important in reconstructing regions on the ground. It was emphasized that necessary conditions for activating these processes are the creation of conditions for the development of small businesses and the imperative of state guarantees for investors, donors, and financial institutions in financing risky projects. It has been determined that there is a need to improve the qualifications of local authorities, self-government, and businesses regarding the possibilities of attracting various sources of funding for business projects and the requirements for them, as well as improving the skills of project management.
Keywords: project, management of regional development projects, post-war reconstruction.
- Shkil’niak, M., Mel’nyk, A., Mykytiuk, P., Zheliuk, T., Vasina, A., and Pushkar, Z. (2022). «Management and public administration in the conditions of war and post-war reconstruction of Ukraine: current problems and the concept of their solution». Visnyk ekonomiky. no. 4, рр. 175–186.
- Project of the Recovery Plan of Ukraine. Materials of the working group «Construction, urban planning, modernization of cities and regions of Ukraine». (2022). Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/storage/app/sites /1/recoveryrada/ua/construction-urban-planning-modernization-of-cities-and-regions.pdf
- What the Government is doing and plans to do to rebuild Ukraine: top 10 tools. Ukrinform. (2023). Available at: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-economy/3619086-so-robit-i-planue-robiti-urad-dla-vidbudovi-ukraini-top10-instrumentiv.html
- Funds for the recovery of Ukraine. Government portal. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/gromadskosti/fondi-vidnovlennya-ukrayini
- General recommendations regarding the use of information technologies in the activities of local self-government bodies of united territorial communities and administrative service provision centers created by them. Available at: http://cnap.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/11-1.pdf
- Shvets’, Yu. O. (2018). «Modern sources of financing of innovative projects at industrial enterprises in conditions of instability of the market environment». Stalyj rozvytok ekonomiky. no. 2, рр. 86–92.
- Kramarenko, I. S., Shyrokov, M. A., Nikon, D. Ye., and Bilous O. A. (2018). «The role of investment potential in the context of food security». Visnyk KhNAU im. V.V. Dokuchaieva. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. no. 3, рр. 433–444.
- Irtyshcheva, I., Pavlenko, O., Boiko, Y., Stehnei, M., Kramarenko, I., Hryshyna, N., and Ishchenko, O. (2022). «Еvaluation of efficiency of regional public governance in the context of achieving goals of sustainable development». Management Theory and Studies for Rural Business and Infrastructure Development. Vol. 44. Issue 4, рр. 497–505.
- Kramarenko, I. S., Sienkevych, O. F., Andriuschenko, Ye. H., Prokopenk, N. O., and Kl’ots, Yu. Yu. (2019). «Peculiarities of investment potential formation: regional and national aspect». Visnyk KhNAU im. V.V. Dokuchaieva. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. no. 3, рр. 343–356.
- Vishnevskaya, O., Irtyshcheva, I., Kramarenko, I., and Popadynets, N. (2022). The Influence of Globalization Processes on Forecasting the Activities of Market Entities. Journal of Optimization in Industrial Engineering. 15. Issue 1. Winter & Spring, рр. 261–268.
The article was received 02.12.2022