JEL classification: К32
The article researches modern legal aspects that regulate the set of environmental rights of citizens, as well as the basic principles that ensure their implementation in the practice. The essence and content of environmental law were studied, its functionality and main forms of manifestation were structured. The current domestic system of guarantees for the realization of environmental human rights is analyzed. Its methodological and practical aspects were supplemented from the standpoint of separating the institutional component from the existing forms of manifestation. The functional concept of environmental law is defined and studied from the standpoint of one of the most promising, priority and key elements of the sustainable development of society and national economies in the modern practice of the developed countries of the world. The author’s approach to the formation of a system of tools for the organizational and economic mechanism for ensuring the implementation of the constitutional environmental rights of citizens is presented. The world’s leading experience in the implementation of social environmental rights has been studied. It was determined that environmental priorities, rights and goals become the basic strategic dominants of the further development of society, both at the level of leading national economies and on a global scale. According to the results of research and systematization of foreign and domestic experience, priority directions for further improvement of guaranteeing the implementation of environmental rights of citizens have been determined. Among the main and most promising directions for domestic practice are recommended: taking into account the progressive world experience of developing and adopting the environmental code, using digital tools to promote the implementation of environmental programs and development projects, ensuring the guarantee of society’s access to relevant information, spreading the practice of environmental auditing and drawing up environmental reporting. It was determined that raising the level of public awareness, popularizing global and national sustainable development initiatives, and raising the level of national environmental culture should be the basis of the mechanism for realizing the environmental rights of the country’s population.
Keywords: environmental rights, guarantees, environmental safety, constitutional guarantees, sustainable development, mechanism for ensuring the implementation of environmental rights
- Krasnova, M.V., Krasnova, Yu.A. (2021). Realizatsiia ta zakhyst ekolohichnykh prav hromadian: teoretyko-pravovi aspekty: naukove vydannia. [Implementation and protection of environmental rights of citizens: theoretical and legal aspects]. FOP Yamchynskyi O.V. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Demchuk, T.I., Bordeniuk, O.V., Sheludiakov R.S. (2021). Ekolohichne pravo Ukrainy [Environmental law of Ukraine]. Chernivtsi. Ukraine.
- Andreitsev, V.I. (2020). «The system of environmental security law: legislative principles, problems of legal understanding, formation, teaching». Systemy haluzej prava v umovakh hlobal’nykh ekolohichnykh vyklykiv. [Systems of branches of law in conditions of global environmental challenges]. Proceeding of the Materials of the All-Ukrainian scientific and practical conference (November 27, 2020, Kyiv). Science ed. V.A. Ustymenko. NAS of Ukraine. State University “Institute of Economic and Legal Research named after V.K. Mamutov of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”, рр. 12-26.
- Sirant, M.M. (2020). «Guarantees of the right to a favorable natural environment». Prykarpatskyi yurydychnyi visnyk. № 11, рр. 49-53.
- Antoniuk U.V. (2014). «Guarantees of environmental rights: problems of scientific and normative-legal differentiation». Prykarpatskyi yurydychnyi visnyk. № 3(6), рр. 101-105.
- Nitsenko V.S. (2019). «Ways to ensure sustainable development of milk production in Ukraine». Ukrainskyi zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky. Vol. 4, № 3, pp. 106-113. https://doi.org/10.36887/2415-8453-2019-3-12
- Nitsenko, V.S., Sahaidak, M.P., Berezhna, Yu.H., Tsukanov, O.Iu. (2018). «Socio-economic imperatives of the state and development of the vegetable market: macroeconomic aspect». Aktualni problemy innovatsiinoi ekonomiky. № 4, рр. 5-17.
- Nitsenko, V. (2021). What is the Government Really Pursuing by Introducing Quarantine Measures in the Conditions of COVID-19? The Case of Ukraine. Ukrainian Policymaker. № 9, рр. 69-78. Available at: https://doi.org/10.29202/up/9/6.
- Ekolohichni prava liudyny: yikh realizatsiia ta zakhyst. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi ekolohichnoi inspektsii Ukrainy [Environmental human rights: their implementation and protection]. Available at: http://oldversion.dei.gov.ua/2012-01-22-11-53-44/2012-04-09-18-54-49/4845-ekologichni-prava-lyudini-jikh-realizatsiya-ta-zakhist.html.
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro osnovni zasady (stratehiiu) derzhavnoi ekolohichnoi polityky Ukrainy na period do 2030 roku» [The Law of Ukraine «On the Basic Principles (Strategy) of the State Environmental Policy of Ukraine for the Period Until 2030»]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2697-19#Text.
- Konstytutsiia Ukrainy [Constitution of Ukraine]. Available at: https://www.president.gov.ua/documents/constitution.
- Кarakash I. I. Legal guarantees for the implementation of environmental rights and obligations by citizens. Available at: http://dspace.onua.edu.ua/bitstream/handle/11300/20925/Karakash%20I.%20I.%20Legal%20guarantees%20for%20the%20implementation%20of%20environmental%20rights%2
- Mukhlynina М. (2020). Constitutional guarantees of citizens’ rights as a condition for sustainable environmental development. E3S Web of Conferences 208, 06011. Available at: https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/pdf/2020/68/e3sconf_ift2020_06011.pdf
- Boyd D. (2019). The Right to a Healthy and Sustainable Environment in A Global Pact for the Environment-Legal Foundations. University of Cambridge.
- Nitsenko V.S., Masina K.S., Tsukanov O.Yu., Ostapenko R.M. (2017). Socio-economic imperatives of Ukraine’s development. Visnyk KhNAU im. V.V. Dokuchaieva. Seriia «Ekonomichni nauky». № 4, рр. 41-58.
- Nitsenko V. (2020). Mismanagement in Ukraine. Problems of Management in the 21st Century. Vol. 15(1), рр.4-8. https://doi.org/10.33225/pmc/20.15.04.
The article was received 12.04.2022