JEL classification: P42; E24; J24
The essence of labor productivity is substantiated in the article. It is determined that it is the production of a certain amount of products (or work performed of the established quality) per unit of working time. Labor productivity is one of the main indicators that determines the development of the industry, enterprise. The analysis of agricultural products showed that in general there is a positive trend, in particular crop production. Livestock production is characterized by a decrease. Enterprises produce the most agricultural products – 66% (11.6% of farms), respectively households – 34%. Analysis of the dynamics of labor productivity per employee in agriculture of Ukraine showed positive results. The growth rate in the industry over the past 5 years is 48.81%, including in crop production – 44.61%, in animal husbandry – 61.78%. However, the achieved level does not meet modern requirements. Factors of labor productivity growth are singled out: organizational-economic, technical-economic, socio-economic, natural-climatic. Correlation-regression analysis was used to study the influence of individual factors on labor productivity. It is established that the following have the greatest direct impact: the average engine power of the tractor, the cost of fixed assets, the average monthly salary. The following have the opposite effect: population, number of employees in the agriculture. A positive financial result in agriculture does not increase labor productivity. Investments, wage growth in the agricultural sector, predictability of state regulatory policy, improved land relations, mechanisms of state support for farmers and improving the efficiency of public administration will help increase labor productivity in agriculture.
Keywords: labor productivity, agriculture, wages, production volume, investments.
- Babych, M. M., Zahrebalenko, Yu. Yu. (2016). «Labor productivity in agriculture as a factor in ensuring food security». Ahrosvit. № 13—14. Р. 24-29.
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky: veb-sait. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Kozhemiakina, S. M., Patyka, N. I. (2014). Protsesy pidvyshchennia produktyvnosti pratsi v silskomu hospodarstvi. [Processes of increasing labor productivity in agriculture] Efektyvna ekonomika. [Effective economy]. (electronic journal). no. 10.
- Makkonell, K. R., Bryu, S. L. (1993). Ekonomika: principy, problemy i politika. [Economics: principles, problems and policies]. 11 ed. Hagar-Demos. Кiev. Ukraine.
- Problemy efektyvnoho funktsionuvannia APK v umovakh novykh form vlasnosti ta hospodariuvannia. (2001). [Problems of effective functioning of agro-industrial complex in the conditions of new forms of ownership and management] In Sabluka, P. T., Ambrosova, V. Ya., Maznieva, H. Ye. IAE. Кiev. Ukraine.
- Silske hospodarstvo Ukrainy za 2019 rik: statystychnyi shchorichnyk. [Agriculture of Ukraine for 2019: statistical yearbook]. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/.
- Chykurkova, A. D. (2001). «Formation of labor prices in the agricultural sector». Ekonomika APK. No 1, pp. 98 – 100.
- Chorna, R. M. (2013). «Labor productivity in agriculture as a major factor determining the scientific and technological progress of the industry». Produktyvnist ahropromyslovoho vyrobnytstva. Ekonomichni nauky. No 23, pp. 126-133.
- Sheludko, L. V., Sheludko, R. M. (2014). «Ways to increase productivity in agriculture». Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriia «Ekonomika i menedzhment». Issue 8 (61), pp. 93-97.
The article was received 14.05.2021