УДК 338.436 (477.46)
Introduction. The article explores the peculiarities of the development of agro-industrial production at the regional level. It is substantiated that for the food security formation of Ukraine the necessary condition is to ensure the strategy formulating for the development of regional agricultural production. In order to implement the strategy, it is necessary to study regional factors and peculiarities of agrarian business management and determine the complex of measures for their development.
The purpose of the article is coverage and substantiation of issues related to the strategy formation for the agro-industrial production development in the region in the direction of the food security formation of Ukraine.
Results. The formation of agro-industrial production in the region has three major dimensions: food availability, access to food, food use. A reproductive approach that is based on the allocation of specific interests of different levels (economic or interests in the field of food supply) can be used as a basis for the allocation of different levels, which allows identifying the unique features inherent in a certain level and substantiating the differences in approaches to ensuring food security of different levels.
Conclusions. The ability of each level to ensure its food security is determined both by endogenous (economy of the given level, including income, volume and structure of consumption), and exogenous (state of food supply of a higher level) factors. At the same time, the internal food security of each level is determined in part by the food security of the lower level of the hierarchy (food security of the region consists of the food security of all households in its territory). Each level of agricultural production development in relation to the food security formation is characterized by a certain combination and degree of action of these two types of factors (internal and external relative to this level). Existing interdependence and interrelation of different levels of agro-industrial production development determines the need for an integrated approach to its provision, taking into account the interests and specifics of each level. At the same time, the main role should be devoted to ensuring food security at the macro level – the levels of individual countries as communities that unite the interests of the subjects of the lower levels and form the basis of their strategic interests of the highest level. In general, two main strategies can be identified: to acquire or develop. At any level there is an alternative to independent production or purchase (external supply, import) of food. In the conditions of the negative effects of external factors, the strategy of development of regional agro-industrial production will be reduced to the concentration of efforts on own food production.
Key words: agro-industrial production, strike, regional features, development, agrarian enterprises.
- Pasxaver, B. J. (1998). Ry`nkova adaptaciya prodovol`chogo pidkompleksu Ukrayiny`. [Market adaptation of the food subcomplex of Ukraine]. IE NAN Ukrayiny`. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Tregobchuk, V. (1999). Prodovol`cha bezpeka v konteksti nacional`noyi bezpeky` derzhavy`. [Food safety in the context of national security of the state]. IE NAN Ukrayiny`. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Andrijchuk, V. G. (2013). Ekonomika pidpry`yemstv agropromy`slovogo kompleksu. [Economics of enterprises of the agro-industrial complex]. KNEU. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Sabluk, P. T. (2001). Agrarna ekonomika i polity`ka v Ukrayini: pidsumky` my`nulogo ta poglyad u majbutnye. Naukovo-populyarni nary`sy` u tr`ox tomax. Formuvannya naukovoyi ry`nkovoyi shkoly` ekonomistiv-agrarny`kiv. [Agrarian Economics and Politics in Ukraine: The Results of the Past and the View into the Future. Scientific essays in three volumes. Formation of a scientific market school of economists-agrarians]. Vol. 3. Insty`tut agrarnoyi ekonomiky`. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Lagodiyenko, V. V. (2007). Rozvy`tok agropromy`slovogo vy`robny`cztva: regional`ni osobly`vosti. [Development of agro-industrial production: regional peculiarities]. IRD NAN Ukrayiny`. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Regional`na ekonomika. [Regional economics]. In Kachana, Ye. P. (ed.). Ternopil`: TNEU. Ternopil. Ukraine.
- Mudrak, R. P. and Lagodiyenko, V. V., Lagodiyenko, N. V. «Impact of total costs on national production». Ekonomichny`j chasopy`s – XXI. no 172 (7-8). pp. 44-50.
- Pistun, M. D. and Guczal, V. O., Provotar, N. I. (1997). Geografiya agropromy`slovy`x kompleksiv. [Geography of agro-industrial complexes: curriculum]. Ly`bid`. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Lagodiyenko, V. V. (2015). «Conceptual model of development of regional agricultural production». Global`ni ta nacional`ni problemy` ekonomiky`. № 8. рр. 1259-1262.
- Sosny`cz`ka, Ya. S. (2015). Suchasni transformacijni procesy` sil`s`kogospodars`kogo vy`robny`cztva (na pry`kladi Voly`ns`koyi oblasti). [Modern transformation processes of agricultural production (for example, Volyn region)]. Lutsk. Ukraine.
- Strishenecz`, O. M. and Pavlov, K. V., Lagodiyenko, V. V. (2018). Model` socioekologo-ekonomichnoyi bezpeky` regionu. Konceptual`ni osnovy` socioekologoekonomichnoyi bezpeky`. [Model of socioecological and economic safety of the region. Conceptual foundations of socioecological and economic safety]. In Cherchy`k, L. M. (ed.). Teren. Lutsk. Ukraine. S. 265-272.
- Lagodiyenko, V. V. and Dovgal`, O. V. (2018). «Factors of Economic Growth of the Regions in Conditions of Disproportionality». Aktual`ni problemy` innovacijnoyi ekonomiky`. № 3. рр. 15-21.
- Uzhva, A. M. and Uzhva, A. M. (2016). «Influence of regional peculiarities on mechanisms of regulation of sustainable development of agrarian business». Ukrayins`ky`j zhurnal pry`kladnoyi ekonomiky`. Vol. 1. № 5. рр. 78–84.
- Uzhva, A. M. (2017). «Estimation of environmental indicators of sustainable development of agriculture in the region». Ukrayins`ky`j zhurnal pry`kladnoyi ekonomiky`. Vol. 2. № 3. рр. 16–23.
The article was received 07.10.2018