JEL classification: O31; E22
Introduction. Structural changes in the national economy and modern economic conditions encourage agricultural enterprises to seek new approaches to ensuring the competitiveness of both products and the competitiveness of the enterprise as a whole. Unfavorable investment climate, imperfect innovation environment, lack of socio-economic influence of the state hinder the development of the agro-industrial sector, the use of foreign progressive experience in technology and organization of production, modern forms of management, which is a crucial basis for improving their efficiency and competitiveness.
The purpose of this article is consideration and analysis of the essence of the investment and innovation mechanism to ensure the competitiveness of the agricultural enterprise in terms of sustainable development and identify key factors influencing the competitiveness of the enterprise.
Results. The article considers issues regarding the investment and innovation mechanism of forming the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises. It is emphasized that the agro-industrial complex determines the specialization of Mykolaiv region in trade of grain and oilseeds, which poses a threat to the sustainable development of the region’s economy due to dependence on the world situation. The dynamics of foreign trade volumes by the enterprises of Mykolaiv region are analyzed, the main partner countries and export-oriented products of a vegetable origin are outlined. The structure of direct investments by the countries and by types of activity in the economy of Mykolaiv region in 2018 is considered. Attention is paid to the factors that hinder the attraction of investment in the field of agricultural production.
Conclusions. It is determined that the mechanism of investment and innovation policy in the agricultural sector of the economy includes economic, organizational, legal and social measures. A number of measures to improve the investment and innovation mechanism to ensure the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises in Mykolaiv region are proposed. It is established that with the development of information and communication technologies, it is the smart specialization of the region that is able to intensify structural changes in the economy and increase the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises in terms of sustainable development.
Key words: investment, innovation, competitiveness, enterprise, smart specialization.
- Polozova, T. V. (2017). Formuvannia innovatsijno-investytsijnoho mekhanizmu zabezpechennia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva. [Formation of innovation and investment mechanism to ensure the competitiveness of the enterprise]. Hel’vetyka. Kherson. Ukraine.
- Rusnak, A. V., Olijnyk, V. S. (2017). Teoretyko-metodychni zasady pidvyschennia innovatsijno-investytsijnoi aktyvnosti ta pryvablyvosti ahrarnoho sektoru ekonomiky Ukrainy. [Theoretical and methodological principles of increasing innovation and investment activity and attractiveness of the agricultural sector of Ukraine’s economy]. Stratehichni napriamy sotsial’no-ekonomichnoho rozvytku ahrarnoho sektoru ekono-miky Ukrainy: kolektyvna monohrafiia. TOV «VKF «STAR» LTD». Kherson. Ukraine.
- Stratehiia rozvytku Mykolaivs’koi oblasti. [Strategy of development of the Nikolaev area]. Available at: http://www.economy-mk.gov.ua/images/economy/2.Soc-econom/2020/Proekt_Strategy-2027_7.pdf
- Investytsijna diial’nist’ pidpryiemstv Mykolaivs’koi oblasti u 2018 rotsi: statystychnyj zbirnyk. [Investment activity of enterprises of Mykolayiv region in 2018: statistical collection]. (2018). In Kovaliuk O. (ed.). Holovne upravlinnia statystyky u Mykolaivs’kij oblasti. Mykolaiv. Ukraine.
- Semenova, V. H., Obertajlo, M. V. (2013). Innovatsijno-investytsijnyj rozvytok iak osnova konkurentospromozhnosti promyslovykh pidpryiemstv. Konkurentospromozhnist’ pidpryiemstva: otsinka rivnia ta napriamy pidvyschennia. [Innovation and investment development as a basis for the competitiveness of industrial enterprises. Competitiveness of the enterprise: assessment of the level and directions of improvement]. Atlant. Odesa. S. 211-235.
- Cherep, A. V., Markova, S. V. (2011). «Theoretical aspects of the formation of innovation and investment activities». Innovatsijna ekonomika. №5, рр. 154-158.
- Lahodiienko, V.V., Chajkovs’ka, M.A., Lahodiienko, V.V. (2018). «Sustainable development of the agri-food sector of the Black Sea region». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Vol. 3. № 4, pp. 93-102.
- Mudrak, R.P., Lahodiienko, V.V., Lahodiienko, N.V. (2018). «The impact of total costs on national production». Ekonomichnyj chasopys – XXI. №172 (7-8), рр. 44-50.
- Klochan, V.V., Rakova, Yu.M. (2015). «Attraction of foreign investments in agrarian sector of the Nikolaev area». «Molodyj vchenyj». №1 (16). Available at: file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/molv_2015_1(1)__26.pdf (10.08.2020).
- Bondarenko, S. and Lagodienko, V., Sedikova, I., and Kalaman, O. (2018). Application of Project Analysis Software in Project Management in the PreInvestment Phase. Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology. 9(13). pp. 676–684.
The article was received 11.06.2020