JEL classification: F13; Q17
The development of international trade and economic relations is a unique opportunity to strengthen the competitive advantages of the country, regions and individual enterprises, to expand their presence in world markets. Therefore, the creation of institutional conditions conducive to the expansion of international trade relations in the agricultural sector is the most important component of Ukraine’s economic growth strategy.
The purpose of the article is to substantiate the institutional foundations of international trade and economic relations in the agricultural sector of Ukraine.
Results. The basic principles and the order of realization of foreign economic activity are considered and the basic elements of its institutional maintenance are defined. The architecture of the institutional environment for ensuring the development of international trade and economic relations in the agricultural sector of Ukraine is determined at the global, national and corporate levels. It is substantiated that the current global trade policy in the agricultural market is formed at the global level not only within the World Trade Organization, but also within the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and numerous international trade agreements of importing and exporting countries. It is proved that the most effective in terms of impact on the state of international trade in agricultural goods is the national level of regulation, which is the founder of tariff and non-tariff instruments. It is determined that the Joint Intergovernmental Commissions on Cooperation is an effective tool through which the state can strengthen the promotion of domestic producers in foreign markets and intensify the attraction of foreign investment in the country’s economy. The main institutions at the corporate level are identified based on the analysis: Ukrainian agrarian business associations; public associations; branch professional organizations; agricultural companies and agricultural holdings, farms.
Keywords: institutions, international trade relations, development of international economic relations, global level, national level, corporate level, agricultural sector.
- Auzan, A. (2006). Institucional’naja jekonomika: novaja institucional’naja jekonomicheskaja teorija. [Institutional economics: a new institutional economic theory]. INFRA-M. Moscow. Russia.
- Mandybura, V. (2005). Instytutsijna arkhitektonika vlasnosti ta zakonomirnosti ii funktsionuvannia. Instytutsijna arkhitektonika ta mekhanizmy ekonomichnoho rozvytku: Materialy naukovoho sympoziumu. [Institutional architecture of property and patterns of its functioning. Institutional Architectonics and Mechanisms of Economic Development: Proceedings of the Scientific Symposium]. Kharkiv. Ukraine. KhNU, pp.110–116.
- Natsional’na ekonomika. [National Economy]. (2011). / Mel’nyk, A.F., Vasina, A.Yu., Zheliuk, T.L., Popovych, T.M. Znannia. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Nort D. (1993). «Institutions and economic growth: a historical introduction» THESIS. Vol. 1. Issue 2, pp. 69–91.
- Hodzhson Dzh. (2003). Jekonomicheskaja teorija i instituty: Manifest sovremennoj institucional’noj jekonomicheskoj teorii. [Economic Theory and Institutions: A Manifesto of Modern Institutional Economic Theory]. Delo. Moscow. Russia.
- Zakon pro zovnishn’oekonomichnu diial’nist’. [Law on Foreign Economic Activity]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/959-12
- Official site of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine. Available at: https://minagro.gov.ua/ua
- Hlobalizatsiia ta rehionalizatsiia iak vektory rozvytku mizhnarodnykh ekonomichnykh vidnosyn. [Globalization and regionalization as vectors of development of international economic relations]. (2018). In Dovhal’, O. A., Kazakovoi, N. A. and et. (ed.) KhNU imeni V. N. Karazina. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
The article was received 15.12.2019